PDA

View Full Version : Garth and NASCAR!

anthonywendover
01-07-2008, 05:12 PM
Hey yall... Just got this from nascar media...

NASCAR Media Alert

Country Music Artist Garth Brooks To Join
The NASCAR Foundation For Special Announcement
Regarding NASCAR Day 2008

WHAT:

Special announcement and unveiling regarding NASCAR Day 2008 featuring country music artist Garth Brooks and NASCAR President Mike Helton.

NASCAR Day, celebrated annually on the third Friday in May, is an opportunity for fans, corporations, schools and organizations across the country to raise money for The NASCAR Foundation and its Family of Charities in an effort to help thousands of children live better lives.

WHEN:

Tuesday, Jan. 8 at 1 p.m.

WHO:

Jim Hunter, NASCAR Vice President of Corporate Communications
Mike Helton, NASCAR President
Garth Brooks

WHERE:

Daytona International Speedway Media Center

FURTHER INFORMATION:

For further information or questions, please call Tom Sullivan, manager of business communications for NASCAR’s Charlotte office, at (704) 348-9613 or email at tsullivan@nascar.com.

gloria07m
01-07-2008, 06:01 PM
Garth and Nascar, have I died and gone to heaven?
I can't wait.
Gloria

GBsgirl
01-07-2008, 06:14 PM
I always buy a NASCAR pin every year to support NASCAR DAY. WOnder what they have up there sleeve.

Skywise
01-07-2008, 06:22 PM
Sweet!!!!

wonder what they can do connection wise w/ teammates for kids perhaps?

Paula
01-07-2008, 06:57 PM
I'd place my bet that it has something to do with an alliance with Teammates as well.

Paula

YouSoundBitter
01-07-2008, 07:36 PM
Maybe one of the cars will be painted for TFK or the pink TUHs. Star Wars and Hootie (among others) have had specially painted cars before!!!

Skywise
01-07-2008, 11:30 PM
hehe- maybe he'll allign T4k w/ the #20? :D

YouSoundBitter
01-08-2008, 04:30 AM
Yeah, and sometimes they have diecast cars made with the special paintjobs. That would be another way to raise money for TFK! Heck, they could wrap it to TUH and release it and get more sells of that too.

GBsgirl
01-08-2008, 07:46 AM
I got two die casts for Christmas :D A #21 Ricky Rudd Coke2 and a #88 Ricky Rudd Snickers car.

Can't wait to see what Garth has planned

themusicman118
01-08-2008, 08:51 AM
Yeah, and sometimes they have diecast cars made with the special paintjobs. That would be another way to raise money for TFK! Heck, they could wrap it to TUH and release it and get more sells of that too.

Wouldn't you just love to see them release something like a set, but make the car like a speaker or something, so you can listen to TUH on your TUH-themed car!! How cool would that be!?

J. Rusin

YouSoundBitter
01-08-2008, 10:39 AM
I worked at Toys R Us a while back and they had remote control cars with mp3 player in them, now that would be sweet. A collectiable car with GB mp3 player built in.

Ok, now we are dreaming...

Annie8
01-08-2008, 10:43 AM
Awesome, First Dale Jr makes a surprise appearance at Daytona and now Garth. Wasn't the Nascar day what Kelly Clarkson was involved in? She was at many events for Nascar last year, she sang at Daytona and at the banquet.

anthonywendover
01-08-2008, 01:25 PM
NASCAR Day 2008 Celebrates “Five Years Of Caring” On May 16

Country Music Superstar Garth Brooks Joins Efforts

CHARLOTTE, N.C. (Jan. 8, 2008) – The NASCAR Foundation announced today that it will celebrate “Five Years of Caring” May 16 during the fifth anniversary of NASCAR Day.

Present for the announcement at Daytona International Speedway was country music superstar Garth Brooks. As part of his role, Brooks will appear in a print, radio and television advertising campaign that will debut during the 50th running of the Daytona 500 on Feb. 17, 2008 (FOX, 2 p.m. ET). Past celebrity supporters for NASCAR Day include Will Ferrell and Kelly Clarkson.

-----
Ill work on getting the complete release.. Also i wounder if the song in the adds will be working for a living? Just a guess sense the video is all NASCAR

Skywise
01-08-2008, 01:26 PM
I got two die casts for Christmas :D A #21 Ricky Rudd Coke2 and a #88 Ricky Rudd Snickers car.

Can't wait to see what Garth has planned

dang, I knew I forgot to request stuff like that for Christmas! I did get a tony stewart book and shot glass, but I want a 1:24 diecast of the COT #20 home depot- though switching to the camry, I may want to wait a bit..

Skywise
01-08-2008, 01:27 PM
NASCAR Day 2008 Celebrates “Five Years Of Caring” On May 16

Country Music Superstar Garth Brooks Joins Efforts

CHARLOTTE, N.C. (Jan. 8, 2008) – The NASCAR Foundation announced today that it will celebrate “Five Years of Caring” May 16 during the fifth anniversary of NASCAR Day.

Present for the announcement at Daytona International Speedway was country music superstar Garth Brooks. As part of his role, Brooks will appear in a print, radio and television advertising campaign that will debut during the 50th running of the Daytona 500 on Feb. 17, 2008 (FOX, 2 p.m. ET). Past celebrity supporters for NASCAR Day include Will Ferrell and Kelly Clarkson.

-----
Ill work on getting the complete release

swweeeet! Garth Nascar commercials- he'll do better than Kelly, IMO.. maybe he'll be at the Daytona 500 then? brief appearance? calling the start of the race, performing, who knows?

Jona
01-08-2008, 06:44 PM
From Sportingnews.com
Garth Brooks joins NASCAR Day effort

DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. -- Country music superstar Garth Brooks has joined the NASCAR Foundation's efforts to provide charitable support for those who need it most.

Brooks will be involved heavily in the promotion of the fifth NASCAR Day, an annual event that has raised more than $5 million for charity. Celebrated on the third Friday of May (May 16 in 2008), the success of NASCAR Day enabled the NASCAR Foundation to donate $500,000 last year to Victory Junction Gang Camp founded by Kyle and Pattie Petty.

http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/viewtopic.php?t=334657

Paula
01-08-2008, 08:49 PM
From nascar.com (http://www.nascar.com/2008/news/headlines/official/01/08/nascar.day.2008.garth.brooks/index.html) as well as other sites:
Brooks says no concerts are planned at this point but didn't rule out the possibility of performing in conjunction with the NASCAR Day activities.

"If we would [perform], it would be something that Mike and I would sit around and talk about," Brooks said Tuesday in the Daytona International Speedway media center. "We tried to do something for Daytona this year, but that didn't work out.

"Since I don't get to play much anymore -- my youngest [child] is 11, so I've got probably another 10 years of taking the kids to school and stuff ... I doubt I'll drive her to college -- we'll see. If we do get to play, it's for charity, which, truthfully, is what the gift was given to me for anyway. We don't have any plans at this time."Paula

karik
01-08-2008, 09:09 PM
Garth- you WILL NOT be driving your daughters to COLLEGE!!!

PLEASE!!!!!!!!! we are semi-patiently waiting for you to come back FULLY! Don't even mention the possibility of ruining this!

If I were 18/19 the last thing I would want is my "lame" dad driving me to college

Mr_Sevens
01-08-2008, 10:16 PM
Garth- you WILL NOT be driving your daughters to COLLEGE!!!

PLEASE!!!!!!!!! we are semi-patiently waiting for you to come back FULLY! Don't even mention the possibility of ruining this!

If I were 18/19 the last thing I would want is my "lame" dad driving me to college

haha, if Garth Brooks were my dad I would have never wanted him to retire! lol

we can wait though, he's doing a good thing.
im just glad he tries to appear somewhat regularly in the spotlight these days.

this NASCAR thing is definitely cool

Jona
01-09-2008, 02:42 AM
Pictures at gettyimages :)

The direct link, won't work properly. :( But just go to www.gettyimages.com and type in his name.

Seminole Garth
01-09-2008, 07:01 AM
Well I am semi-glad that he couldn't work something out for Daytona this year. I would have went but I need to save up some money again after the LA trip.

riskybzns
01-09-2008, 07:51 AM
just heard his first promo on sirius nascar 128 introducing the morning drive.

Maggie526
01-09-2008, 02:47 PM
God Bless Garth.. He is always willing to do something to help others.

riskybzns
01-09-2008, 04:34 PM
it wouldn't suprise me if he did a concert in charlotte this year during the may race

YouSoundBitter
01-09-2008, 06:59 PM
Daytona has big names to kick off the season, it will be there if anywhere. And hey, he can stay in Florida for spring training (baseball) while here!!!!

Lost 'n' Garth
01-09-2008, 09:58 PM
Daytona has big names to kick off the season, it will be there if anywhere. And hey, he can stay in Florida for spring training (baseball) while here!!!!

One can only wish...(Heavy sigh from South Florida)
Cheri :)

txtknogk
01-09-2008, 10:23 PM
Garth + Texas Speedway/Dallas/Fort Worth Area + Home at night for the girls= txtknogk's grandchildren and txtknogk and Texas and GarthNutts very happy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can I hear an AMEN?

Skywise
01-09-2008, 11:17 PM
he could do that.... but he'd be at the very beginning of training, most teams wouldnt' be doing games, etc. until a week or so later.. however he should still come to AZ and to the Rockies' training, if he's going to! :D

Mr_Sevens
01-09-2008, 11:39 PM
http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/6369/21863052qz5.jpg

Here's a pic of Garth posing with the Daytona 500 trophy

Paula
01-10-2008, 12:17 AM
http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/6369/21863052qz5.jpg

Here's a pic of Garth posing with the Daytona 500 trophyLove the hoodie he's wearing. That's a local product - http://www.lifeisgood.com/about/.

Paula

GarthDreamer77
01-10-2008, 01:15 AM
AMEN!!! lol :O :D

riskybzns
01-10-2008, 03:25 AM
won't happen at daytona. garth already said there is a scheduling conflict

YouSoundBitter
01-10-2008, 08:07 AM
Heh, look at the "g" on the hoodie, it looks familar:-P

kissncry
01-10-2008, 08:44 AM
Hmmmmm.... hoodies and cowboy hats?? Now that is a fashion statement! :eek:

Sherry

Maggie526
01-10-2008, 05:10 PM
Nice pic!!
Garth looks great in that hoodie :)

riskybzns
01-11-2008, 12:05 PM
the coke 600 is the next biggest event after the 500, but it wouldn't bother me if he did a performance at kansas speedway.

Maggie526
01-11-2008, 03:37 PM
Love the hoodie he's wearing. That's a local product - http://www.lifeisgood.com/about/.

Paula

Paula.. Thanks for the website.. nice merchandise. I just ordered a few items. :)

GarthDreamer77
01-11-2008, 07:39 PM
Hey Everyone,

Here are a few videos I found. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9z3MZOQjTPc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ux28DImdV1s

Take Care & God Bless,
~*Kristen*~

etsuwes
01-12-2008, 03:43 AM
Garth's doing the west coast show for charity. He's done the middle of the country. He hasn't done the east coast. Add in the fact that he was at Lowe's Motor Speedway meeting with Humpy Wheeler a while back and given the time frame of NASCAR Day, I could very well see a concert or some sort of event at Charlotte with proceeds going towards NASCAR Day. The night of the Nextel Cup All-Star Race last year the '07 NASCAR Day spokesperson Kelly Clarkson was there, as was Michael Jordon (who sat up in Jimmie Johnson's pit box). It would be great to see the G-MAN.

iriscrazy
01-14-2008, 12:14 PM
A DJ on KVOO, Tulsa OK just said that Garth might possibly do a concert in May in conjunction with Nascar day in May. Has anyone heard anything else about this? It seems that I read something in a thread that said that this plan had fallen through. I know some PG'r out there knows the scoop.

garthrules1
01-14-2008, 12:28 PM
My local radio station was saying something about it a couple of days ago! I caught the tail end of it though! I pretty much heard there might be a concert for nascar and charity! they said they will have more details as soon as they get them!

anthonywendover
02-10-2008, 05:04 PM
hey guys. i hate to bump up and old topic but i have these supe high res pictures i wanted to post...

http://img167.imageshack.us/img167/506/nascardaybrooksheltonpemy1.jpg

http://img167.imageshack.us/img167/7002/nascardaybrookstrophydame3.jpg

http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/5213/jimmiejohnsongarthbrookgc2.jpg

Skywise
02-10-2008, 05:07 PM
great photos! other than Garth being in the same shot w/ Jimmie Johnson (uggh- Jeff Gordon's little 'protoge' or as I sometimes refer to him, his 'false prophet- (but I digress)...) they're great photos! I love the one w/ Garth and the 500 trophy!

Daytona 500! Next sunday on Fox!

Jona
02-10-2008, 05:19 PM
Wow, great pics! Thanks :)

mammafox
02-12-2008, 06:45 PM
i really like the pic with kyle petty - he looks great!!!

Skywise
02-12-2008, 08:05 PM
who, kyle or Garth? :D

mammafox
02-12-2008, 08:16 PM
garth of course - of the 3 pics that were posted i liked the one with kyle petty

Skywise
02-12-2008, 08:17 PM
hehe- I figured as much ;)

mammafox
02-12-2008, 08:27 PM
it would be so awsome if he did another concert - even if it is out on the east coast - because you know they will broadcast it in some way or another - and for those of us who can't just drop everything to travel around the country, we look forward to the broadcasts.

Skywise
02-12-2008, 09:55 PM
heck, it'd be great to see some sort of performance to coincide w/ his nascar day duties (btw people, buy a pin- it'l only be $5, and it is tax deductible- that and it helps a great charity)

wish they'd been able to work something out for Daytona!

sandis
02-13-2008, 09:31 AM
Looks like Trisha's singing the anthem at the Daytona 500--maybe he'll be there after all. :)

http://www.planetgarth.com/forums/showthread.php?t=127422

dsdunnam
02-16-2008, 04:29 AM
great photos! other than Garth being in the same shot w/ Jimmie Johnson (uggh- Jeff Gordon's little 'protoge' or as I sometimes refer to him, his 'false prophet- (but I digress)...) they're great photos! I love the one w/ Garth and the 500 trophy!

Daytona 500! Next sunday on Fox!

Lol, Exactly what i was thinking.

ffuhrman
02-18-2008, 09:26 PM
I'm hoping he comes to Charlotte in may. he hasn't done an east coast show yet. The two last two weeks in may surrounding the Nascar Day are big weeks for the city. I've been down there 3 times. Every year they shut down the center of the city and have concerts in the streets. Not sure how they would handle garth though. No matter what I sure hope he does a benefit concert at a track. It would be historic to fill up a race track in field and grandstand with that many people. It's awesome to see some of your heroes get together and do stuff like this. Good people end up with good people and do things for the good. The Petty's and Garth are a great example.

Skywise
02-19-2008, 07:59 AM
TY- very good job on the anthem- Garth- ahh, not there except in a commercial for nascar day (still cool)

the Race? D'OH! Almost!!!!!! at least the 48 and 24 were taken out of contention by other issues... Tony almost got it!

CountryBee
02-19-2008, 10:17 PM
Does anyone know if Garth might show up at the "California Speedway" this coming weekend? Since Garth will be appearing on the "Tonight Show with Jay Leno" on Wednesday, might he stay over for the "NASCAR" races and events on the weekend?

Skywise
02-20-2008, 01:30 AM
I honestly doubt Garth will 'stay over' for that- it would seem rather frivolous and self oriented, which seeing as how he flew each day from KC to OK to be with his kids....... just doesn't seem likely- now, coming in from OK for the race on Sunday? possibly- but again, not likely- it's honestly not the most important track- I'd see him more likely to be around the all star race, and then in Charlotte- heck- Nascar Day is on the 16th of May- the all star race is on the 17th (dang, on my anniversary! :D) it seems more likely..

heck- I could be wrong though! :D