PDA

View Full Version : My Garth Gifts:)

wmcinnis
01-06-2008, 10:21 AM
My husband had asked me a couple weeks before Christmas what kind of hat Garth wore and being I had it saved on my computer from someone that had posted it here;) I printed it off and gave it to him....not ever thinking he would buy me one. Well lo and behold he did. What a nice surprise and man, what a nice hat!!:)

When my sister and I were in Kansas City and we both bought Garth shirts before the concert, my sister said she didn't know why she bought that because she'd probably never wear it. Not because it's Garth or anything, she's just not a concert shirt wearing person. I just happened to make the flippant remark about her making me a pillow out of it if she wasn't going to wear it. Well she remembered me saying that and had it made for my birthday. That was so cool and it turned out so well...I was hugging it all night. LOL!!

What a great family I have:)....just thought I'd share.
-Susan-

Tink0166
01-06-2008, 12:53 PM
Very cool.. Great idea for the shirt!!!! and would be nice to curl up with at night too!!!!!

Mr_Sevens
01-06-2008, 01:40 PM
thats a very interesting idea for the shirt. that pillow looks really nice!

Seminole Garth
01-06-2008, 01:42 PM
I am still trying to find a stetson before the LA concert and I don't really want to order one.

Cool gifts.

Teach
01-06-2008, 02:10 PM
J.D. bought me a couple of pillows made from t-shirts a couple of years ago and I used to put them on my futon in my Garth room. Now with the munchkins living here I put them in a giant ziplock bag. I plan on putting them out again when the munchkins move to their own house.

A funny story about the oldest munchkin while I am here. My grandson is in first grade and when we went to see a movie during the holidays he informed me that he had told all of his friends that his grandma has a boyfriend, (Garth Brooks) even though she is married. So now I may be the talk of his school.

Paula
01-06-2008, 04:11 PM
What a cool looking pillow. I may have to look into doing that.

Teach, you fallen woman you.:p

Paula

Skywise
01-06-2008, 04:17 PM
I am still trying to find a stetson before the LA concert and I don't really want to order one.

Cool gifts.

just an idea- do you HAVE to have the stetson exactly as Garth had it? get a pic. of the garth hat, and get a resistol or stetson that's not shaped, and have a store shape it the way you want it?

legmaker07
01-06-2008, 06:05 PM
I have to say that is way kool!

Seminole Garth
01-06-2008, 06:58 PM
just an idea- do you HAVE to have the stetson exactly as Garth had it? get a pic. of the garth hat, and get a resistol or stetson that's not shaped, and have a store shape it the way you want it?

No it doesn't have to be exactly like Garths. I want a tyler style but I am don't have to have it formed the same way.

G-f
01-06-2008, 08:34 PM
Wow,,,,, nice presents. Great pillow, hope you have nice dreams...lol
Tricia

wmcinnis
01-06-2008, 11:50 PM
Since the shaping of Garth's hat has been mentioned it brings me to a funny story. This seems to be the family joke now since I told them how Garth shapes his hat in the shower....now when my neice calls and leaves a message, it's "I hope you're not in the middle of shaping your hat." Too funny!!;)

Hey Mary Ann, that's just too cute!:)
-Susan-

Skywise
01-07-2008, 12:10 AM
:D good one! :D

DayOfAllGreen
01-07-2008, 01:23 AM
Just as a tip about the hat, on eBay, there is a hat that I used to find by simply searching Garth Brooks Hat, however the name and Garth's picture previously used in the listing has been (mysteriously) removed, while all other replica hats from the seller still bare images of the respective artist. Go figure. :-P I like to tell myself Garth's people had something to do with that.

Anyhow, it's now found by searching Entertainer Hat. Or more specifically, for the next 4 days, right here -
http://cgi.ebay.com/Country-Entertainer-Style-BLACK-Western-Cowboy-Hat_W0QQitemZ180203799417QQihZ008QQcategoryZ45235Q QssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I think it looks like his a good deal, but still I'm a little on the genuine Stetson side. Then again I'm still cheap, so I'm not too sure which I'll go for.

Another tip, my local Tractor Supply Co. has a hat that looks similar as well.

I really like your hat pictured, and that pillow is awesome! A true one of a kind!

Maggie526
01-07-2008, 02:08 PM
Fabulous gifts Susan!! I love the pillow... it would go perfect with the Garth throw my sister gave me :)