PDA

View Full Version : Leave a light on

okiegirl2007
01-04-2008, 11:13 PM
tell me something here. Is this song dedicated to the ones that haven't
seen garth in person? What is the story behind it? I am confused.

Mr_Sevens
01-05-2008, 12:16 AM
I don't think there's really too much of a story behind it other than I believe it is for all of Garth's fans.

He is asking everyone to "leave a light on" for him until he's ready. He is hear to "open a door that was closed before"

its also a helluva love song.

Skywise
01-05-2008, 10:52 AM
It's a good song (it's grown on me a lot- I didnt' like it at all, at first).. I think it's more of a companion in a way, to what he said in the KC shows about 'if you wait for me, I'll be back'.. But then again, I could be totally wrong! :D

iriscrazy
01-05-2008, 12:45 PM
I don't think there's really too much of a story behind it other than I believe it is for all of Garth's fans.

He is asking everyone to "leave a light on" for him until he's ready. He is hear to "open a door that was closed before"

its also a helluva love song.

Totally agree with Mr. Sevens. If you listen to this really loud it will suck you in. You can feel Garth's emotion. This is his "I'll be back...just wait song." I cannot hear it enough. I've listen too it hundreds of times and it always gives me goose flesh. My daughter didn't like it at first but now "gets it." After all "leave a light on" is the secret message in the Limited Edition! We are making a banner saying LALO. We will be in 334 on the 1st row for Sat. night. Anyone else planning to make a LALO sign?

okiegirl2007
01-05-2008, 12:59 PM
thanks for the replies. :) i believe he has dedicated it to "all" of the fans including me. Just like It's your song. a tribute to us fans.

Maggie526
01-05-2008, 02:56 PM
Garth put leave a light on for me on the Limited edition of The Ultimate hits and at the KC concert he said if you wait for me I will be back.. to me it’s Garth message to ALL of US that he will be back on tour.
It’s an awesome, emotional song. I listen to it every day.. hope Garth doesn’t make us wait to long for the video.

okiegirl2007
01-05-2008, 09:37 PM
Garth put leave a light on for me on the Limited edition of The Ultimate hits and at the KC concert he said if you wait for me I will be back.. to me itís Garth message to ALL of US that he will be back on tour.
Itís an awesome, emotional song. I listen to it every day.. hope Garth doesnít make us wait to long for the video.

with that being said. i am gonna start cryin everytime i listen to it.

two words: THANK YOU! Garth.

Skywise
01-05-2008, 11:11 PM
hehe- Okiegirl...

that's 3 words...

THANK YOU! Garth. (sorry, I'm in a weird mood! :D:p)

okiegirl2007
01-06-2008, 12:28 AM
hehe- Okiegirl...

that's 3 words...

THANK YOU! Garth. (sorry, I'm in a weird mood! :D:p)

Your right. i meant 3 words. :D

Skywise
01-06-2008, 12:33 AM
hehe- no problem! :D

madam divine1
01-09-2008, 12:17 PM
I too didn't really "get"this song at first but like some of you the more I listened to itthe more I like it; and his voice just kinda tugs at you, and what I really like about it is the fact that you can hear his "voice" even with the music itself and it sounds so poignant (sp?) and yearning - and this song is fast becoming my favorite of the new ones! I love MS and WFAL as well as MTAM, but it's something about this song...

Oh well enough of me "waxing-poetic" huh? :)

In another issue but about the same song, I added the CD to my "music-library" on my computer to be downloaded to my MP3-player but for some odd reason this song does not come over it "shows" in the list and the time is for 10 seconds but nothing plays - has anybody else had this problem or is it just me and if so what was the solution if any that was used to make it "work"? help!!

Thanks,

Tina

randyinkc
01-09-2008, 06:50 PM
When I ripped my copy of TUH to MP3, the database that the computer goes to to identify artist and song titles mistakenly had the blank track 17 labeled as LALO. The actual Track number on the CD for LALO is 19, but the database didn't have it right, so my copy of LALO was actually untitled by the CD ripper I use. If you have a large sized file that is untitled in the destination directory for TUH, try playing it. If thats the right track you can simply re-name. Worse case is to re-rip the CD to MP3 and pay attention to how it handles track 19 during the rip.

Dont know what the reason is for it as usually Garth seems to skip track 13 (if I remember right that what he did on double live...) It was strange for me though....

Skywise
01-09-2008, 11:16 PM
huh- I didn't have any problem at all with my conversion of TUH into my Itunes library

madam divine1
01-10-2008, 09:43 AM
Leave a Light On

Thanks Randyinkc, I actaully had to go in and rename the title, as I finally noticed it was pulling over as Leave THE light on instead of Leave A Light On, plus I had to delete track 17 from the sync list 'cos that's the one it was using even though I would click on track 19 - not sure what was going onbut I was finally able to get it. Once again, thanks,

Tina

randyinkc
01-12-2008, 02:03 PM
iTunes probably pulls from its own database to identify CDs. I usually use Windows Media Player or a program called DmB PowerAmp to rip CDs with. I think I used Media Player, though. I remember I had to wait a day or so after the release before I could rip it, because I didn't want to have to type in all the title info myself.

I bought TUH at midnight after getting home from the first KC concert. (Had to drop my wife off at home so she could relieve the grandparents who were watching the kids.) I came straight home and tried to rip the CD and nothing I could find was automatically pulling the CD info over. Maybe whoever maintains the DB that the track titles are checked against corrected the issue quickly.

I dont know, it was strange. That what I liked about DmB PowerAmp was that if you disagreed with the track listing as it was posted you could submit a flag to have the track order corrected. I dont think it does that anymore though....

Skywise
01-12-2008, 04:42 PM
Itunes from what I recall doesn't use its own database but rather uses the gracenote database (formerly CDDB).