PDA

View Full Version : Plans for 2008???

Crazyfan2000
01-04-2008, 12:32 PM
Will he be releasing anything new this year (either old stuff or new stuff or both)?!

G&TTreknTech77
01-04-2008, 01:27 PM
I think we'll see at the very least another DVD box set with:

1. KC
2. LA
3. C2C LA
4. C2C Enterprise
5. Bonus disc with special features of some kind

Less likely but quite possible I believe we'll see a duet Christmas album in late November/December 08.

Ryan

karik
01-04-2008, 04:17 PM
KC DVD for sure...

Skywise
01-04-2008, 04:48 PM
ahh, Ryan- wouldn't that be a nice idea of a box set!! :D

personally? w/o thinking MUCH about it, I thnk we'll see (if anything):

a KC DVD
perhaps a recording audio wise of the show- it'd be a great money raiser for breast cancer (if it went the Komen route) again....

on the far ended wish list? :

new audio-
unreleased video...

stuff we've not seen before-

it's time to dream, eh?

garthtacular
01-05-2008, 12:04 AM
I thought he ( Garth) mentioned after Feb. or March that he would go back to do what he does with his daughters ie disappear. Then again I could be wrong.

Mr_Sevens
01-05-2008, 12:13 AM
I thought he ( Garth) mentioned after Feb. or March that he would go back to do what he does with his daughters ie disappear. Then again I could be wrong.

That's what he's been saying since '05 when The Limited Series

"You'll see me to promote this a little bit but then its back into hiding."

Then The Lost Sessions come out in Feb '06

"Alright, now its back home for me until Walmart wants to do something else"

The comes The Entertainer

back into hiding

a few months later:

The Ultimate Hits and a limited engagement tour.

I don't think he's done, no matter what he says. I think this is his way of staying in the public eye for a little bit each year until he can come back full time. I really really do. If so, its brilliant.

If not, it could be a wasted opportunity.

YouSoundBitter
01-05-2008, 07:43 AM
A new release of his Christmas stuff seems the most logical and easy, with big sells too! Neither have been on shelfs for a long time!!!

dwayne

Skywise
01-05-2008, 10:34 AM
that would be nice too! More christmas stuff, or a 'deluxed' up package... I prefer the less 'big band' sounding songs from Garth- him and his guitar = great Christmas music- the way he sung the little drummer boy at the opry? priceless- I'd love to see that released

Maggie526
01-05-2008, 03:07 PM
A new release of his Christmas stuff seems the most logical and easy, with big sells too! Neither have been on shelfs for a long time!!!

dwayne

I would like a NEW Christmas album with Garth & Trisha and perhaps a Christmas TV special with the family I’d love to see Garth’s girls do a show with him.

Maggie526
01-05-2008, 03:09 PM
Will he be releasing anything new this year (either old stuff or new stuff or both)?!

Garth has talked several times how much he wants to do a duet album with Trisha and now they are both on the same label perhaps that will be the next release. Just a thought.

Skywise
01-05-2008, 03:56 PM
hmm- I'm not too into TY.... she's not my favorite artist- but I'm willing to accept the fact that New Garth will include TY.. I'd be happy to hear the duet album (would look forward to it actually, if it were new songs!) and a Christmas album w/ both of them would actually be a good thing too!

Crazyfan2000
01-05-2008, 04:59 PM
I wanna see the duet album with the duets that they've already done, plus maybe 10-15 extra, that way it would still be a "new" duet album if you catch my drift.

The DVD boxed set sounds good with all 3 Coast to Coast shows, plus the Kansas City and the one that will be later this month in Los Angeles...

Didn't they also talk about doing a Christmas duet album awhile back?

Crazyfan2000
01-05-2008, 05:03 PM
By the way, he's not "on" Big Machine Records, he just needed help from them in order to help promote "The Ultimate Hits", as he said in the press conference last August. But maybe with him having connections with them, maybe they can work something out. They would have to record their old duets again seeing as how MCA still owns Trisha's masters.

Skywise
01-05-2008, 09:23 PM
I wanna see the duet album with the duets that they've already done, plus maybe 10-15 extra, that way it would still be a "new" duet album if you catch my drift.

The DVD boxed set sounds good with all 3 Coast to Coast shows, plus the Kansas City and the one that will be later this month in Los Angeles...

Didn't they also talk about doing a Christmas duet album awhile back?

a Christmas duet album would be nice- I'd prefer to have new songs- the old duets mostly don't do much for me (though I like their 'duet'ish rendition of walkaway joe (ala the leno show)

Skywise
01-05-2008, 09:23 PM
By the way, he's not "on" Big Machine Records, he just needed help from them in order to help promote "The Ultimate Hits", as he said in the press conference last August. But maybe with him having connections with them, maybe they can work something out. They would have to record their old duets again seeing as how MCA still owns Trisha's masters.

hehe- I was going to mention =something to that effect, crazy- ya beat me to it..

Maggie526
01-06-2008, 12:00 AM

In an interview with Lorianne Crook Garth said they have talked about doing an album together for 10 years and for the first time in their careers they are associated with the same label. I got the impression from this interview that he is going to make this happen.

Jona
01-06-2008, 07:45 AM
Trisha said in a interview that (don't remember which, maybe the "Home with Garth and Trisha, Thanksiving-thing) that she didn't want to make the duet album until they could tour to promote it. And that was 6-7 years from now.

YouSoundBitter
01-06-2008, 07:46 AM
Yeah, the only way I'd want to hear stuff already released is if it was done differently. Like Garth instead of Don in Walkaway Joe or they loved doing Perfect Love from TY's cd a few years ago, with the cd version didn't include GB.

I don't want to waste thier time and money in transfering In Another's Eyes on to another release, they should put thier resources to better use!!!

randa16
01-07-2008, 07:50 PM
No to the Christmas album he already has two of them out. Here is a list of things I would like to see him put out in 2008

1) Gospel album- He is a man of faith so it only makes sense
2) Acoustic album- I love it when it is just him and his guitar
3) Cover album- I love it when he sings other people's stuff
4) Duet album- Why not
5) DVD's- Coast to Coast, KC, LA
6) DVD- Video of him singing on the CMA's, Leno, ACM awards etc
7) New Album- Either cut a new one or go back into the vault.

YouSoundBitter
01-08-2008, 04:43 AM
Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see all that stuff to, it's nice to dream...All I was saying is the CHRISTmas cds have not been on shelves for 5 years (give or take a year). Put them together and release it.

He's already said no to an acoustic cd, he said it'd be too boring.
Not sure about a Christian cd, though I would love it, hook up with Michael W Smith would be cool!
Duet Album, yes, very good chance someday soon.
We haven't seen or heard from C2C, so that's probibily not, but yes to KC.

Award shows and tv appearances would be the one I want most, but with all the different rights and clearances he would alot of dealing to do...

Skywise
01-08-2008, 01:22 PM
we've seen some of C2C, on the videos of TUH..

how about a 'Jay Leno' collection of appearances? that's not likely, granted, but it's a nice thought!

I think some of Garth's best stuff is just him and the guitar- man, it'd be cool to hear an album of that stuff- again, not likely, but it's a good idea!

Patrick68
01-09-2008, 01:27 PM
a new cd period. It has been 7 long years since garth released a new studio album, he is long overdue!

madnessmike
01-13-2008, 03:34 PM
He won't produce a new record tommorrow. He won't take the time to promote and tour it. At least not in 2008.

Skywise
01-13-2008, 04:20 PM
ahh the reality of it all, right mike? :D

ZooPal32
01-13-2008, 05:30 PM
Something new would be GREAT!!!

More Chris gaines stuff would be cool, he should finish that project, than he would have a whole new box set. The six gaines CD's. Keep his Limited Series Box sets alive.

Mr_Sevens
01-14-2008, 12:17 AM
I don't think Garth will ever again release Chris Gaines stuff. Not after how badly it was received.

kissncry
01-16-2008, 03:07 AM
My Garth wish list for 2008 would look something like this:

First and foremost, anything on the Chris Gaines front would be fabulous. The album was not poorly received. I mean it sold over 2million copies. I guess if you're Garth and you're used to selling 10 million every time out, only 2 million might seem disappointing. But a lot of people did get it and a lot of people bought it. And there were critics who even praised it. If it weren't for this album, I NEVER would've become a Garth fan. I think this project continues to bring new converts. So that is foremost on my list.

Second, a cover album would be cool. I just love to hear Garth cover almost anything. Hell, he could sing the phonebook, and I'd probably buy a copy or two. Maybe he could combine it with the whole George Strait idea AND a new Double Live CD. I know Garth does Strait stuff during encores at shows. Something like "Cover to Cover--Double Live 2"? Would kill three birds with one stone--- George Strait cover stuff, another Double Live ( because this will be the 10 year anniversary of this one), and no new material would need to be recorded. I am really starting to like this idea!!

Third, but certainly not last, the duet album with Trisha. It's starting to become the stuff of legend. At this point, after all the hype, could they release an album that would live up to all the 10 years+ of hype?!? God, I would love the see them try. I know Trisha has said she wouldn't tour with this one without Garth. And of course, before that the reason seemed to be their record labels. Who knows what the real story is that's keeping this one from happening. I'm just ready now.

Fourth, maybe a box set including both KC and LA? Or any third city he might add later this year? Sorta of a best of 2008, showcasing the best versions from all the nights in concert. I am really digging this idea too.

I'm getting down off the soapbox now.

Sherry