PDA

View Full Version : Garth on Myspace???!?!?

karik
12-28-2007, 01:34 PM
I was looking through myspace people, looking for a new song(all the garth posers sometimes have OK songs)and I found one called Garth Brooks[Have A Safe & Happy New Year] and I click on it and it actually looks like an official site. The url is /officialgarthbrooksmusic (can i post that??) and the background is of TUH Limited, but not like something off of a website, no VISIT HERE FOR THIS BACKGROUND stamped in the corner or anything. This look like a real, actual Garth myspace. Agin, I'm not sure if i can post the whole URL but i did basically give it to you....or you can go to Myspace>Music>Keyword:garth brooks> and its the first result.

lucaswynne
12-28-2007, 05:49 PM
Garth has never had an official page (even though he was darn close when I gave /garthbrooks to his webmaster!), this layout is one I can use, it's from a free myspace site. I'd bet my life savings that's not Garth.

Paula
12-29-2007, 03:58 PM
This has come up several times in the past, and the answer is that Garth does not have a myspace page. This was confirmed with his attorneys.

Paula

karik
12-29-2007, 09:44 PM
Will he ever??

lucaswynne
12-29-2007, 11:33 PM
Who knows.

It would be sort of pointless for him to when you think about it though!

legmaker07
12-30-2007, 12:53 PM
I found that person, and added to my friend list.. i think his page is kool... I hope Garth does come to myspace that would be sooo koooolllll......

Garthmedic
12-30-2007, 01:01 PM
Why have a myspace account, when you have your own website????

lucaswynne
12-30-2007, 05:16 PM
You don't need to gain more fans when you're the best selling solo artist in history ;)

karik
12-30-2007, 09:51 PM
i think having a myspace and a website is a good way to appeal to any age group. Teen especially like the myspace. though i don't know many teens that would brag if Garth added them to myspace (i would-he'd be #1 on my friend list!!) It never hurts to have more fans. never.

lucaswynne
12-30-2007, 10:37 PM
Garth would be #1 on my friends list even if I added him!

Does anybody know how many country singers actually add other people?
I've had Joe Nichols, Sammy Kershaw, Billy Currington, and a couple others add me. Is that normal, or are they just doing it because I have a music account and they see how many hits I get?

Maggie526
12-30-2007, 10:45 PM
Why have a myspace account, when you have your own website????

Good point!

Maggie526
12-30-2007, 10:46 PM
You don't need to gain more fans when you're the best selling solo artist in history ;)

Another good point :)

Maggie526
12-30-2007, 10:58 PM
i think having a myspace and a website is a good way to appeal to any age group. Teen especially like the myspace. though i don't know many teens that would brag if Garth added them to myspace (i would-he'd be #1 on my friend list!!) It never hurts to have more fans. never.

Garth has fans ranging from children to senior citizens. He had millions of fans all over the world before anyone ever heard of MySpace!!
IMO Garth most likely will never have a page on MySpace, but if he does HE will inform us about it we will not find find it by searching MySpace.

txtknogk
12-30-2007, 11:31 PM
Garth would be #1 on my friends list even if I added him!

Does anybody know how many country singers actually add other people?
I've had Joe Nichols, Sammy Kershaw, Billy Currington, and a couple others add me. Is that normal, or are they just doing it because I have a music account and they see how many hits I get?

Don't get toooooo caught with ur own importance! MySpace is quite often run by office staff not the real deal. I have no claim to fame whatsoever, and MeatLoaf, Dave Matthews, Cowboy Troy, and Trace Adkins as well as Pres Bush have added me as their friends. Three simple words explain it all--marketing, marketing, marketing. MySpace is free advertising, and we, the public of all ages, love it. Enjoy it for what it is. Free entertainment.

lucaswynne
12-30-2007, 11:54 PM
I don't consider myself of importance on myspace, I was just sort of curious if they were trying to spam my friends list! When I was on the Toby Keith forum (people there know I do music) somebody asked for my myspace page and about two seconds later I was added by everybody on Showdog.

Anyways, back to the topic. IF Garth got a myspace, I agree, we'd hear it from him. It would be on GarthBrooks.com I'm sure. I think (this is ALL speculation) Garth and his people would like to have the name so they can control what goes on it, but not give Garth an official page on myspace. Just to keep his name up.

karik
12-31-2007, 01:34 AM
I've had friend requests accepted by Trisha yearwood, Craig Morgan, Gary Allan, Rascal Flatts, Sugarland, Tim McGraw, Josh Turner, and Weird al yankovic

lucaswynne
12-31-2007, 08:30 PM
Haha, Weird Al!?

karik
01-04-2008, 04:14 PM
Yes! I think his songs are so funny! I have a couple weird al videos on my iPod(with MANY Garth ones, of course)

Skywise
01-04-2008, 04:51 PM
Weird al's great! I saw him in concert this past fall.. it was a great show!

lucaswynne
01-04-2008, 07:47 PM
The thing with Weird Al, is he's a joke guy. But he actually is extremely talented and could have made it as a serious artist too!

Skywise
01-04-2008, 09:14 PM
depends on what you mean by 'joke guy'.. he's very talented, and has a great sense of humor too- not to mention, he puts on a great show!

Sara_Kwan
01-06-2008, 02:06 AM
Myspace is great for artists who are trying to launch their careers. I see why Garth wouldn't want one, or feel the need to have one. It's kind of impersonal, especially if you don't everything yourself. Since he has his website, I think that's more than enough.

YouSoundBitter
01-06-2008, 07:52 AM
I think it is MORE personal for artist to do it, you can learn facts and history of fans, see pictures, and put a face with a name, you can't do that it that exent on a website...With that being said, there is NO WAY Garth could very handle an account with the traffic, even if he hired a few people to run it. It is great for smaller or new artist.

My favorite band is the GIN BLOSSOMS and one of the actual member helps run it with one other guy, and they've sold over 5 million cds!

garthsgirl
01-06-2008, 07:52 AM
MySpace was originally started to promote independent music so it's onlly natural current artists that want to reach consumers that have the most disposable dollars through a technology they use constantly.

Lisa

Steven75407
01-07-2008, 10:11 PM
Taylor Swift is on my friends list. Have I sent her a message? No.

lucaswynne
01-11-2008, 07:47 PM
Taylor Swift is on my friends list. Have I sent her a message? No.
Taylor USED to respond to people that were there in the start back before her career really took off.

It's impossible for those artists to get back to everybody. But trust me, Taylor reads a LOT of the comments.