PDA

View Full Version : I wonder why Garth...

CountryBee
12-27-2007, 03:11 PM
set the price for his Los Angeles concerts so low? Since the concerts are to raise money for the CA fire victims and firefighters, a lot of people would have been willing to pay much more for a ticket. Then Garth could have raised even more money for the charities.
In comparing the cost of Garth concert tickets to those of other artist's shows, other band's concerts, or other type shows in Los Angeles, Garth's tickets were "dirt cheap".
Several artists have started offering "premier", "premium", "platinum" or other "special", very high priced ($200 and up) tickets to their concerts. I wonder why Garth didn't do that for his shows?
I also wonder why Garth didn't price his tickets at different "levels" for different seating areas in the Staples arena? People who got floor seats paid the same price as those who got the "300 level" seats.
Bee

BLL
12-27-2007, 07:51 PM
I suss it because Garth wants to keep his concerts affordable for the average Joe. I certainly can't afford to shell out $200 a ticket, no matter how much I loved the performer. The LA tickets were higher than the KC tickets, and with adding 4 more shows he's raised a nice chunk of change for the LA firefighters fund.

YouSoundBitter
12-27-2007, 08:24 PM
He did raise it a bit higher just because of the LA fires, but not to much so more people can go. Artist who charge that $200 don't sell out it 52 minutes, either, and they can't say that they care about their fans. It's greed, plan and simple. Almost like selling thier t-shirts for $30 at shows.

It's only fair, I think, to charge the same price for seats, with a show that sells out so fast, it's more like a lotto and luck envovled. It's fun nomatter where you sit, too!

lucaswynne
12-27-2007, 08:49 PM
Agreed, Garth does it because he cares. I'm tired of people charging $60 for a concert ticket then saying how much they love their fans. They love their fans money! Don't blame it on your stage or how much you pay the road crew, because everybody knows you're still paying them dirt and your stage didn't cost THAT much.

ANYWAYS, Garth is trying to keep things accessible. Selling the staples center five times at $30 is more money than once at $60, so Garth is actually giving them more. Maybe if it was $60 he wouldn't be able to sell it that many times. Ok, he probably would sell it four, but you get what I'm saying!

txtknogk
12-27-2007, 09:16 PM
And look at how much more he is spurring their local economy by bringing in all us Garnuts--air plane tickets, taxi cabs/rental cars, motels, food, food, food--not to mention my new red boots and belt, my two daughters new camo boots and pink boots!! YeeHaw, we Garnuts are pumped, and soooo ready to help fight the fires!!!! I lived in San Diego in 1971 and those Santa Anna fires were super scarey to a flatlander dirtfarmer from Texas!!!!

jackieb
12-27-2007, 11:36 PM
I can't afford to go... but was thinking that maybe they will have donation stations around the Staples Center so that you can donate more to the fire victims if you want and are able to!

gbkubfan
12-28-2007, 12:51 AM
They have actually been running full page ads in the LA Times the past couple days giving people who want to, the chance to donate. It shows a full photo of Garth playing guitar and at bottom is a donor thing. There is copy saying thanks etc, you can help also... etc etc etc....People who couldn't get tickets, people who just want to help etc can donate any sum to help firefighters.