PDA

View Full Version : Garth singing Suspicious Minds

jturtels
12-27-2007, 01:18 AM
There's a video of Garth singing Suspicious Minds on youtube....when was this? What was it for? I've never seen it.

kissncry
12-27-2007, 03:39 AM
Here is the link to the original thread about the whole thing complete with photos and a couple of links to other articles. I love hearing him sing Elvis. Gave me Garthbumps for sure! What I wouldn't give to have been there to have heard this.

http://www.planetgarth.com/forums/showthread.php?t=127051

Sherry

Seminole Garth
12-27-2007, 06:48 AM
I am not sold on Garth singing Suspicious Minds. It might have been just the quality of the video. I would have enjoyed it a lot more if I heard it live and I will not totally give up on it until I hear it live.

Trishafan4life2
01-01-2008, 07:05 AM
oh my......... I'm ummmm........

well I just watched the video of Garth singing Elvis' Suspicious Minds.

I've loved and continue to love Garth Brooks but just can't handle him doing the Elvis Presley music.......

Yes, I'm an Elvis Presley fan of 42 years - and I've loved Garth since his career began but no one can sing Suspicious Minds like the King.

Garth did make a wonderful performance and the band was excellent but gotta leave the Suspicious Minds to Elvis.

YouSoundBitter
01-01-2008, 07:28 AM
Dwight Yoakum (sp?) did a good job, I thought. Garth's was good too, you can really tell he was nervous, I'm sure if he'd went into the studio with his players and worked on it, it'd kick butt too!

kissncry
01-01-2008, 02:37 PM
Yeah, I think Dwight did a good job, too. It is true that nobody sings an Elvis song, like the man himself. I think Garth's version might sound a bit better if the audio quality weren't so wonky. I would love to hear him do more music in the vein of Suspicious Minds. His delivery is also so passionate, it just seems to fit with a powerful song like this.

Sherry

BLL
01-01-2008, 03:27 PM
He actually sang a bit of 'Falling in Love' whilst on Hollywood Squares several years ago; he sounded good.

jturtels
01-01-2008, 06:49 PM
Are you talking about "Wise men say......only fools rush in" ?

BLL
01-01-2008, 08:48 PM
That would be the first line :) He did it kinda 'growly' and pitched low and sounded really good on it.

Trishafan4life2
01-02-2008, 12:05 AM
Yeah, the audio quality wasn't the best - I'm sure I would have "melted" hearing him perform it live. :)

I would have loved to hear Garth singing "Falling in Love" lol.

Now.... I know i'm the odd person out here, but Garth hands down did 100% better than Dwight Yoakum could ever do on an Elvis song. Personally, I think Dwight is a more of a "nasal" singer and I couldn't even listen to his version of Suspicious Minds.

Maggie526
01-02-2008, 05:25 PM
That would be the first line :) He did it kinda 'growly' and pitched low and sounded really good on it.

I remember that :)
I would so enjoy Garth's growl on other Elvis songs.
Are you lonesome tonight.
Burning Love.
Help me make it through the night.