PDA

View Full Version : I'm very lucky to have Garth as my idol

vegitoth
12-20-2007, 09:06 AM
With the past few days of the news that I've been watching since coming out of school for Christmas, been hearing that Jamie Lynn Spears (Britney's little sister.) got pregnant by her 18 year old boyfriend and everyone has been getting worked up on how we should handle this with our kids (I'm not a dad yet.) So anyway I'm watching these reports on the news and the whole time I'm sitting in my chair and thinking how lucky I am to have Garth as my idol; and not just him, I'm also very lucky to have Trisha, Strait, and Jack Ingram as my idols because they always stood on what was right and they've made mistakes in their past but I've learned to accept them.

How lucky are you guys to have Garth in your life?

Nuwanda
12-20-2007, 11:57 AM
you are right. i think everyone who has an idol like garth or trisha (and i guess like the other two you mentioned, but i don't know much about them, because they are not much stories about them in my country) must be very lucky. they are absolutely down to earth and they were helping people since ever. i mean they donated so many things to so many good causes before they were celebreties. they are doing it today and i gues they will never stop doing it (i hope for all those people in need). and if there are any people who think that they can afford it: that's right, but it's not only there money. the spent a lot of time for those causes as well.
they are a grreat inspiration and i would be glad if there were more people like them. they are not saints, but as vegitoth said they are learning from their mistakes and what's important too they admit their mistakes.
the most important thing for me is: they are treating people like they want to be treated. and there are a lot of people in this world who should have a look at them and learn...

Nuwanda
12-20-2007, 01:09 PM
sorry for the break. wasn't at the end.
the very most important thing - and i think there are a lot more people who should take them as an example - is how garth, sandy and trisha handle the "child-Problem" after the marriage and how they treat each other

Maggie526
12-20-2007, 02:46 PM
I am extremely lucky and blessed having Garth Brooks in my life. Not just the Entertainer but also the Man.. his principles have touched me tremendously and have made me a better person. Too many celebrities make the news for the wrong reasons. Garth & Trisha interviews are always regarding the right issues. Their intense love for one another is inspiring and the way they handle family matters is overwhelming. They are genuine people, not perfect, but sincere, good people. The world would be a better place with more people like Garth & Trisha in it. I pray for Garth everyday and thank God for the happiness that being a Garth fan has brought me.

okiegirl2007
12-20-2007, 07:58 PM
i am very very happy to be a fan of Garth's. If it wasn't for him and
his music i don't know where i'd be today. It's not just his music
it's also him as a person. He has helped me through so many diffucult
times especially during the yr of 95. I just wish there was a way to
thank him for his songs like "If tomorrow never comes", "Unanswered
Prayers" and "The Dance". Those mean the most to me. I would
be lost without Garth. Whenever i am down or depressed i will listen
to his cd's to put me in a better mood. Trisha is the same way. I am
a fan because of her single "She's in love with the boy". That is all
i have to say. :)

iriscrazy
12-20-2007, 11:45 PM
Coming from a Mom, Garth's mom had to be so proud of the Man that he became. Not the entertainer but the man. He just makes me smile. I think that you guys about covered all of the details. Ditto!

lucaswynne
12-23-2007, 02:21 PM
Garth is truly my personal hero. His songs go deeper and his lyrics are better. His show is outstanding and so is his attitued towards the fans. He gets divorced so he heads back to Oklahoma to live with his girls and be there for them.

He supports childrens charities, which in my opinion, are the best kind. I can't list all the ways his music has touched me.