PDA

View Full Version : Workin' For A Livin' - Chart Watch!

Mr_Sevens
12-19-2007, 01:51 PM
Let's try to keep track of WFAL while it climbs the charts.

It just went to radio this Monday the 17th!

Mr. Midnight
12-20-2007, 01:09 AM
I have listened to the radio ALL day at work the last 2 days and still have not heard it! (it's a country station, but not the one I usually listen to...) Are they playing it in other areas?

LostSessions
12-20-2007, 11:35 AM
On the R & R chart this week, it is hot shot debut and is #50.

gbkubfan
12-21-2007, 06:41 PM
Saw this at Billboard:
...It looks as though Huey Lewis has become the latest in a somewhat "who's who" in pop entertainers crossing over to the country field, as he guests on Garth Brooks' "Workin' for a Livin" which is the Hot Shot Debut on the Hot Country Songs list, at No. 50. "Livin'" initially was a hit for Lewis and his band, the News, reaching No. 41 [on the Hot 100] in mid-1982....

Cat3192
12-22-2007, 01:48 PM
I heard one of my local country stations mention the new the other day but I have yet to hear it on the radio. And I keep a station playing from the internet all day, every day at work.
They play loads of his older stuff but trying to get them to play new stuff - it's like pulling teeth.

Mo'Betta
12-23-2007, 09:37 AM
You can vote for WFAL on GAC top twenty countdown now

Mr_Sevens
12-26-2007, 08:08 PM
The song moved up 9 spaces to #41 in its 2nd week.

Mr_Sevens
01-03-2008, 12:07 AM
Up 7 spaces to #34 :)

another note, "More Than A Memory" went from #15 to #13

SweetGBFan
01-03-2008, 04:27 AM
Up 7 spaces to #34 :)

another note, "More Than A Memory" went from #15 to #13

I thought that was pretty cool for MTAM to move up two spots. I hope the Workin For A Living gets more stations playing it will get stuck.

karik
01-05-2008, 06:10 PM
I haven't ever heard WFAL on the radio.

I've tried to request songs on our local radio stations numerous times before (MTAM) and they never play them. Or I don't wait long enough. (I thought 2 hours was kind of a long time to wait for a song I have on CD.)

SweetGBFan
01-06-2008, 08:07 AM
I haven't ever heard WFAL on the radio.

I've tried to request songs on our local radio stations numerous times before (MTAM) and they never play them. Or I don't wait long enough. (I thought 2 hours was kind of a long time to wait for a song I have on CD.)

Heard it last night on my radio station. It is also #30 on Mediabase with a spin increase of 402 and 130 stations playing it. Maybe it will hit top 20 by next week.

LostSessions
01-09-2008, 08:24 PM
The song is up from #34 to #31 this week...

Mr_Sevens
01-16-2008, 10:39 PM
up to #26 on Billboard this week.

Angels4BobSeger
01-16-2008, 10:43 PM
That is so cool. I always liked Huey Lewis. I saw Huey Lewis and the News in concert in 2006 for the first time. They were great. I think it would be cool if Huey toured some with Garth. If Uncle Kracker can tour with Kenny Chesney. I would hope that Huey would tour some with Garth. I hope Garth comes to Columbus, Ohio or anywhere in Ohio soon.

G&TTreknTech77
01-27-2008, 04:25 PM
It's at 25. How is it on mediabase?

Ryan

Mr_Sevens
02-13-2008, 07:58 PM
It dropped from 19 to 21 this week

karik
02-16-2008, 12:01 AM
I was eBay surfing and found the single cover for Workin' For A Livin'. Not sure if it is real(it is eBay...) I really need to stop going on ebay though. I need someone to put a child lock on it without me knowing. I go on there and find all these poster and shirts and radio promo CDs and I want them ALL. Arrrg I'm debating buying a collection of VHS tapes. There are 11, and 3 are Garth. Its like $20 or something. I want it bad. I have to use for the other 8 VHS's but I need these Garth ones.

Angels4BobSeger
03-01-2008, 02:14 PM
I think this might be my favorite video at this time.
It's awesome. Everyone, I finally got Garth's cd Ultimate Hits for
Valentines Day from my husband and it's great. Every song.

Mr_Sevens
03-01-2008, 05:38 PM
looks like the song is done.

its peak was at #19 and its currently down 500 spins on mediabase.

think we'll see another single?

LostSessions
03-02-2008, 12:40 AM
looks like the song is done.

its peak was at #19 and its currently down 500 spins on mediabase.

think we'll see another single?

Gosh, I sure hope we see at least one more single.

I would love to hear "Midnight Sun" on the radio. Even though "Leave A Light On" is my favorite of the new Garth tunes, it is a bonus track and there isn't a video for it, so it's very unlikely that he will release that one.

SweetGBFan
03-02-2008, 06:24 AM
Gosh, I sure hope we see at least one more single.

I would love to hear "Midnight Sun" on the radio. Even though "Leave A Light On" is my favorite of the new Garth tunes, it is a bonus track and there isn't a video for it, so it's very unlikely that he will release that one.

I am hoping for Midnight Sun. That is really typical Garth stuff and the video is awesome. Does anyone not see a pattern when Garth releases stuff lately? He starts out awesome. His first release will usually go top 5 or number 1. However subsequent releases dont seem to chart very high. I think lets see from Scarecrow Wrapped Up in You charted top 5, Squeeze Me In got to 11 I think, Thicker Than Blood I think may have cracked the top twenty but not sure. Did he even release anything off the Lost Sessions? Yeah he did. Goodride Cowboy hit number 1 but his second release barely cracked the top twenty I think. I think its a pattern.

adamthegarthfan
03-02-2008, 01:12 PM
The day I got the ultimate hits I thought that the biggest hit of the new stuff would be "Midnight Sun".To me that song is right there with "Longneck Bottle ".."Two Pina Colatas"..."AHBA"...and almost with "FILP".Also he said that he had three singles and a bonus track.I think we will hear "Midnight Sun" on the radio at some point...and I think it will be HUGE.

Mr_Sevens
03-02-2008, 10:34 PM
I am hoping for Midnight Sun. That is really typical Garth stuff and the video is awesome. Does anyone not see a pattern when Garth releases stuff lately? He starts out awesome. His first release will usually go top 5 or number 1. However subsequent releases dont seem to chart very high. I think lets see from Scarecrow Wrapped Up in You charted top 5, Squeeze Me In got to 11 I think, Thicker Than Blood I think may have cracked the top twenty but not sure. Did he even release anything off the Lost Sessions? Yeah he did. Goodride Cowboy hit number 1 but his second release barely cracked the top twenty I think. I think its a pattern.

yeah. GRC hit number one/ Love Will Always Win got to #23 or something and That Girl is A Cowboy peaked somewhere around #34 I believe.