PDA

View Full Version : Second Single

Pam_NDL
12-04-2007, 11:49 AM
According to Lon Helton the second single for Garth is due out on Dec 17th. It's Workin' for a Living! Not my personal choice for a second single but who knows things could change before then.

Pam

LilWhiteTankTop
12-04-2007, 12:12 PM
Oh man.
I want "Leave A Light On"

Emerald Isle
12-04-2007, 12:20 PM
Oh man.
I want "Leave A Light On"

Since Leave a Light On was the bonus track, and because it didn't have a video, I'm pretty sure it will be the only new song off Ultimate Hits that won't be released as a single.

Cat3192
12-04-2007, 01:24 PM
Since Leave a Light On was the bonus track, and because it didn't have a video, I'm pretty sure it will be the only new song off Ultimate Hits that won't be released as a single.

I agree. I think that's a song for the fans not for country music radio in general. It's my least favorite but I'm listening to it more (very loud, as someone else suggested in another thread) and it's growing on me though.

garthaholic02
12-04-2007, 01:57 PM
I think Garth choice "Leave the light on" as an indicition as to what is to come. According to other post, he has put leave the the light on a coded message on the back of the limited edition set. Therefore, I think it was just Garth's way of saying I'm coming back. I love working for a living. I haven't watch any of the videos yet. I just don't have enough time yet, but I love that song. The only thing I don't love about working for a living is the quality. The background singers are too loud and you could tell that is wasn't remixed/mastered all together. It sounds like they did it in one shot. But that is just my personal opinion.

Maggie526
12-04-2007, 02:48 PM
I didn't think it would be Leave A Light On..was hoping for Midnight Sun.

TJsgotGBfever
12-04-2007, 02:58 PM
I think it's a good choice.. just based on the contrast to MTAM.
and the fun Huey factor and video. LOL

I agree about the background vocals though.. and how you are describing I believe he said in one of the interviews recently that that's exactly how they did it.. all in the studio together and just go.

I am guessing like others said... the only one not being released is leave a light on.. to be honest I kind of like it that way.

DayOfAllGreen
12-04-2007, 04:33 PM
I look forward to seeing this video on CMT. I love the video for it - seeing as I'm a big Nascar fan.

One clue I thought I would share. He put all of the videos on the third disc in chronological order of their release - as far as I can tell - so it would make sense that he releases the 3 new videos in the order that they're in on the disc.

Think that's what he's doing?

madnessmike
12-04-2007, 05:44 PM
I perdict Leave the Light on will be his final single of the four.

Lost 'n' Garth
12-04-2007, 06:02 PM
I'm really starting to like "Workin' for a Living" but I liked Huey's version to start with........Garth only made it better!!!

It's a great drivin' song..crank it up!!

Cheri :)

Mr. Midnight
12-04-2007, 07:12 PM
I know that considering the way radio stations are run these days and the way the charts are compiled, this will never happen (and might not even be possible), but I think it would be amazingly cool:

If "Leave A Light On" does not get released as a single, but shows up on the charts because of fan requests... I seem to remember "The Red Strokes" and a few other album cuts doing something like that in the past?

If you ask me, that would truly be the ULTIMATE tribute to Garth. Could you imagine how that would make him feel?