PDA

View Full Version : Christmas CD's Question

Dudleynascar
12-03-2007, 01:01 AM
Was there a "First Edition" of the cd "The Magic of Christmas: Songs from Call Me Claus"? I know there was one of the cd "The Magic of Christmas". If there was, that should make the total list of Christmas cd like this:

Beyond the Season
The Magic of Christmas First Edition
The Magic of Christmas
Call Me Claus (3 Song Single)
The Magic of Christmas: Songs from Call Me Claus First Edition (?)
The Magic of Christmas: Songs from Call Me Claus

Is this correct?

Thanks,
Travis

themusicman118
12-03-2007, 07:25 AM
Don't forget about 'Beyond the Season.'

J. Rusin

YouSoundBitter
12-03-2007, 08:28 AM
He had it listed first:-)

There was a BTS with a clear insert with a rear back insert saying something like its a classic, or something, I'll have to go look!

gbkubfan
12-03-2007, 11:55 AM
I have two red spined copies of BTS

YouSoundBitter
12-03-2007, 02:31 PM
Here's what it looks like!

YouSoundBitter
12-03-2007, 02:33 PM
And it says on the red bind, "Classic Christmas Music You Have To Own"

gbkubfan
12-03-2007, 03:40 PM
Yep, I have two of those. Bought them at Circuit City if I remember right....

jturtels
12-03-2007, 11:11 PM
I have never heard of those! Is there anything different about them?

YouSoundBitter
12-04-2007, 06:30 AM
No, it's just the back insert that's different. But it seems I can't help with a more complete discography (still working on it though) on my myspace tribute page...I got in trouble:-(

alictf
12-04-2007, 04:00 PM
what did you get in trouble for putting on there?

DayOfAllGreen
12-04-2007, 05:39 PM
This is the one thing that has always puzzled me (next to The Lamb), but is there any difference between all of the Magic of Christmas cds? I've noticed different covers, or Call Me Claus on some and not on others, but are the same tracks on all of the cds?

So glad someone brought this up, you have no idea - I had forgotten to ask for so long. :)

TJsgotGBfever
12-04-2007, 05:43 PM
The covers with Call me Claus on them have the 3 additional tracks from the movie that were not on the original Magic of Christmas.

YouSoundBitter
12-04-2007, 06:11 PM
I posted a link to my site of GB, a more indept discography (it's in progress still) and it was deleted. I understand the rules of posting certain links but mine wasn't anything but promoting GB and what his put out, just an information site...Nothing to sell or download, just info but it's not allowed.

jturtels
12-04-2007, 06:36 PM
When they re-released the Magic of Christmas w/ the Call Me Clause songs...didn't they also remove some songs that were on the original Magic of Christmas CD?

TJsgotGBfever
12-04-2007, 06:44 PM
Ahh, I think you're right. LOL

White Christmas isn't on there now that I think about it.. remember that being a repeat from BTS, right?

not sure what other 2. would have to look.

YouSoundBitter
12-04-2007, 10:22 PM
They also rearranged the songs too.

karik
12-25-2007, 10:19 PM
i'm confused.

jturtels
12-26-2007, 12:22 AM
Ok...to review...

The Gift (1992) Tracklist:

1. Go Tell It on the Mountain
2. God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen
3. Old Man's Back in Town
4. Gift
5. Unto You This Night
6. White Christmas
7. Friendly Beasts
8. Santa Looked a Lot Like Daddy
9. Silent Night
10. Mary's Dream
11. What Child Is This?

(Original) The Magic of Christmas (1999) Tracklist:

1. It's The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year
2. Let It Snow
3. The Christmas Song
4. White Christmas
5. Baby Jesus Is Born
6. God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen
7. Winter Wonderland
8. Sleigh Ride
9. Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas
10. (There's No Place Like) Home For The Holidays
11. Silver Bells
12. Go Tell It On The Mountain
13. The Wise Men's Journey
14. O Little Town Of Bethlehem

Call Me Claus (2001) Tracklist (CD Single):

1. Zat You, Santa Claus?
2. Mary Had A Little Lamb
3. Call Me Claus

The Magic of Christmas: Call Me Claus (2001) Tracklist (Reissue):

1. Call Me Claus
2. It's The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year
3. Have Yourself A Merry Little Christmas
4. Let It Snow
5. Winter Wonderland
6. Mary Had A Little Lamb
7. The Christmas Song (Chestnuts Roasting On An Open Fire)
8. Baby Jesus Is Born
9. Sleigh Ride
10. Silver Bells
11. (There's No Place Like) Home For The Holidays
12. 'Zat You, Santa Claus?
13. The Wise Man's Journey
14. O Little Town Of Bethlehem

Ok...did that help? Basically, you had Magic of Christmas...then Call me Claus came out on a cd single w/ only three songs...so then, to include those songs, they reissued The Magic of Christmas and included those 3 songs...but they had to dump some of the songs that were on the original Magic of Christmas. BUT it looks like they mainly got rid of the songs that were on Beyond the Season to begin with. (The original Magic of Christmas album had some repeat songs from Beyond the Season)

Hope this helps somebody!

DayOfAllGreen
12-26-2007, 01:30 PM
Thank you very much, that helped a lot! I'm off to raid every music store around for their discounted christmas albums. :)

Charles
12-26-2007, 01:41 PM
and if you listen to the tracks on the first release of Magic of Christmas (namely the songs from Beyond the season that were included)...the instrumentation is different....

listen to white christmas or God rest ye merry gentlemen..you'll be able to tell...

karik
12-29-2007, 11:12 PM
I waas going to buy the Beyond the Season CD before Christmas but I looked on amazon.com and the cheapest is $20! and its like $15 on ebay!

I LOVE Garth and his music and everything, but i can't afford a $20 CD that's only going to be used for 2 months or so. I don't have that kind of money! I'm still in school!

p.s. Garth if you read this go on amazon and re open the beyond The Season CD. Or re issue it or something!! Remember LOW PRICES!

YouSoundBitter
12-30-2007, 08:33 AM
With all the reissues he does, I am surprized he hasn't did the CHRISTmas stuff yet. I don't know why he doesn't just put out a 2cd set with both of the albums (why CMC, too, of course!).