PDA

View Full Version : Garth On The Radio

GBheartandsoul
11-29-2007, 01:37 PM
The deejay from the morning show announced that they would be talking to Garth tomorrow morning! I assume it will be by phone. I believe he said it would be in the 7 o'clock hour (PST). They will be talking about the concert of course, tickets etc. You can listen to the station on their website http://www.gocountry105.com and they'll probably post the audio at some point after that. I'll definitely be taping it if possible.

Seira:)

iriscrazy
11-29-2007, 01:45 PM
Great...thanks for the info!

Maggie526
11-29-2007, 01:49 PM
Thanks for the link Seira.

ErinRae
11-30-2007, 10:33 AM
Did anyone remember to record this?? :-)

Renegade79
11-30-2007, 10:46 AM
Did anyone remember to record this?? :-)

Yes! Got it!

rhd13
11-30-2007, 10:53 AM
Well...what did we find out? Any new or neat info out of the interview?

GBheartandsoul
11-30-2007, 12:12 PM
They will be replaying the interview this hour (9 o'clock hour PST).

GBheartandsoul
11-30-2007, 12:34 PM
Garth is talking to a bunch of radio stations here in socal this morning. Ours was the first one he called. On another station's website they have the audio of Garth calling in. You can go to http://www.kfrog.com and click on frogmen in the morning and you'll see where it says that Garth called in. Click on that and you can listen/download. Haven't been able to listen to this one yet.

Seira

Renegade79
11-30-2007, 12:38 PM
Uploading the Go Country Interview now. PM me... ;)

rhd13
11-30-2007, 01:46 PM
Was anything mentioned about a TV special? When I ran into Jon Small at the movie theater here in Nashville he told me about this show (before it was announced) and said that he would be taping it for a TV special. Was anything said about that?

May_G&T_fan
11-30-2007, 03:13 PM
Thanks for the heads up on the interviews!

dee12682
11-30-2007, 03:17 PM
Well...what did we find out? Any new or neat info out of the interview?

http://www.planetgarth.com/forums/showthread.php?t=127071

I posted some new info that I got from his interview with my station here

GBheartandsoul
11-30-2007, 07:18 PM
No mention was made about a tv special. In this interview there wasn't a lot of specifics about the concert itself. Garth talked about how he got involved with this. Someone from AEG (I think they own Staples Center) contacted Garth about doing this concert. Apparently this was a cause close to his heart. Then the mayor and other officials from L.A. and other counties and also the Governor contacted him. He said none of the proceeds would go to anyone involved with the concert. Everything is being donated including the use of Staples Center. So 100% will go to the fire victims and fighting fires here in California. Garth was very proud about that and was just happy that he was going to get to play music. It seemed like he was really looking forward to playing in L.A. again. He talked about playing concerts at the Forum and the last one he did here at The Pond. They were great shows and I also loved when he played The Hollywood Bowl. He thinks magic will happen here again. I have no doubt.

I recorded this on tape, but it's at home and I'm not really retaining all the details very well. As for the rest of the interview they did talk about Kansas City, the theater experience, coming back to us, More Than A Memory going #1/the possibility of being nominated, etc. It was cute when he was talking about certain moments during the KC concerts. He talked about the bra incident. He said someone threw a bra up on stage and it landed on and wrapped around his microphone. His oldest daughter (Taylor) was in the audience & he said that made for a very interesting moment. Afterward Taylor said to him Dad, the bra thing was so cool! He said MTAM going #1 was like a warm hug from radio and that performing it live was really great with fans singing every word even though it's brand new music. He doesn't think he'll be nominated for any awards for MTAM because awards/nominations are driven by record companies and he doesn't have one any more. He told them you're looking at the record company.
They played MTAM of course. Every Friday they do a music mix and because Garth was on the show they did a mix of Garth's and Chris Ledoux's versions of The Fever. Very cool.
There was more, but like I said my memory is not 100% today. It was really great to hear his voice. I hope I'll be able to go to the concert.

Seira