PDA

View Full Version : Weird MTAM...

Mr_Sevens
11-27-2007, 09:35 PM
I was looking on iTunes today and found "More Than A Memory" as the #42 song on the Itunes Most Popular Country Songs.

Very curious as to what it was I listened to it and it some really weird bluegrass version from a brand new Garth tribute album. Its not Garth singing or anything, but it sounds so weird as bluegrass. It sounds way too upbeat and happy.

Anyway, that's my story for the day. Thought someone might wanna go take a listen at iTunes. I wouldn't recommend buying it though, lol.

karik
11-28-2007, 06:37 PM
Don't you hate it when people think they can do a good cover of a Garth song?

parley
12-02-2007, 09:23 PM
but its not garths song, its a cover, but he does it better than the original. i hated the "hats off to garth brooks" where the guy from guns and roses sang FILP

Jona
12-02-2007, 09:32 PM
Lee Brice have never released it have he? So then it is Garth song...

Mr_Sevens
12-02-2007, 10:28 PM
Lee Brice have never released it have he? So then it is Garth song...

right, it isn't a cover because Lee Brice never released the song.
Its definitely a Garth song.

kissncry
12-02-2007, 10:44 PM
I did hear Mr. Brice's version on his my space page when word first got out that it would be on Garth's new CD. As soon as Garth's version hit the air, it seemed to mysteriously disappear from Lee's site. So, we know he recorded it, he just hasn't released it as far as I know.

Sherry

lucaswynne
12-05-2007, 10:44 PM
Yup, Lee recorded it before Garth even picked it up. It had been on myspace for quite some time.

I don't like to hear covers of Garth songs recorded, probably just because I haven't heard a good one yet! I would like to hear Billy Joel do a cover though, that would be great.

As far as covers live, if done right they're great. Trust me, if you play a Garth song, you get people's attention. Works everytime!

DavidN
12-06-2007, 07:28 AM
but its not garths song, its a cover, but he does it better than the original. i hated the "hats off to garth brooks" where the guy from guns and roses sang FILP
That sounds a bit frightening!