PDA

View Full Version : Garth helps honor Musicians In Nashville Hall of Fame

racmac
11-27-2007, 06:03 AM
Hi All,

I found this in the Tennessean paper after the event that took place last night in Nashville.

I have only pasted the Garth part but you can follow the link to the complete story.

"Garth Brooks said his performance with The Memphis Boys of Presley’s “Suspicious Minds” made him more nervous than he’d been onstage in years.

“Singing Elvis with these guys? Are you kidding?” he said. “This is an incredible night. ...

“This one is all about the music itself, and the people who make it. The things these people played are as well known as the artists they made famous.”

http://tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071126/ENTERTAINMENT01/71126051

I wish this was on video somewhere, I would LOVE to see Garth singing Suspicious Minds!!

Have also attached two photos from the event from Yahoo News.

Rachael :)

YouSoundBitter
11-27-2007, 06:25 AM
OMG that is my favorite Elvis song too. I liked Dwight Yoakums from years ago but it's hard to top Big E.

Trishy
11-27-2007, 06:30 AM
I was there it was awesome. You could tell he was so nervous and very humbled to be there. They let him sing "out" the show while all the inductees lined up on the stage. He didn't want to take any spotlight away from these guys and tried to sing as far back as he could, when he could.

We got to talk to him a little bit afterward. He saw a few people were trying to take his picture and said, hey I'll find you all after the show and meet you all (so we could get our picture with him). He was so cute.

I told him I went to Kansas City concert, he asked me which one. I told him 3. He THEN asked me which nights. Well, he grabbed my hand at this point and absolutley, COULD NOT think. I tried to think what nights I was there, but I couldn't think because he had my hand so I had to say..... Um...I was there....wait, I can't think and hold your hand at the same time...he laughed. I told him it was impossible for me to do those to things at the same time.... so I let go. Then I could think. (it was a weird mental block thing) I told him, Fri, Sat and Sun. He said SUNDAY and smiled BIG. He said that was the best, along with opening night. I told him it was amazing and thanked him for singing "which one of them" and "please come to boston"... I said a bunch of other stuff which I can't remember or put into full thoughts.... anyway..

The evening was wonderful and Garth was the icing on the cake. I'm glad I made it to this wonderful event.

YouSoundBitter
11-27-2007, 10:06 AM
Did you record suspicious minds? JUST KIDDINGKinda-of...

iriscrazy
11-27-2007, 10:21 AM
TRISHY...OH WOW!! What an awsome night! Was this by invitation only or open to the public. That is just incredible. Yes, I'm jealous...but so happy for you. WOW!

Trishy
11-27-2007, 10:24 AM
It was filmed, guys with big cameras panning the stage. Someone during the speech said something about someone couldn't be there in person but they would be "watching". So watch out for it.

Garth was great. Vince Gill sang a few other elvis songs and had the leg going a little bit, Amy Grant sang boots were made for walking and Son of Preacher Man. George Jones sang a few of his hits. Peter Frampton was there, one of the supremes, gosh a bunch of others.... it was an amazing night Garth definatley was the icing on the cake.

Garth was so proud to be there, but the musicians were standing in line to meet Garth and were honored he showed up at their award show....

It was open to the public you just had to buy tickets. We had 6th row.

Maggie526
11-27-2007, 11:46 AM
Trishy
If Garth had my hand in his I wouldn't be able to remember my own name :)
How exciting for you sounds like a fantastic night!! What did he say about coming to Boston, any indication that he will come back to the East Coast?

Trishy
11-27-2007, 12:32 PM
Ya know, if you've ever met Garth before you "think" of a bunch of things to say right before you meet him, then boom....your mind is blank. My friend and I were 3 feet away from him and still joking we were going to asking about when the "uncut" version of More Than a Memory" would be out, but in the course in those 3 steps we lost all abitlity to remember anything.... If anyone wants to see the picture, I'm not sure how to post it...just sent me a PM....

garthaholic02
11-27-2007, 02:15 PM
I finally met Garth! Yup that's right. I didn't buy tickets to the show. I just waited for him to come out afterwards. It was freezing, but it was so worth it. I must say, it was so worth the wait. I love him! I'd post my picture but don't know how.

gbcgbeliever
11-27-2007, 08:13 PM
Garth Brooks said his performance with The Memphis Boys of Presley's "Suspicious Minds" made him more nervous than he'd been onstage in years.

"Singing Elvis with these guys? Are you kidding?" he said. "This is an incredible night. ...

this was at the musicians hall of fame and museum inagural ceremony in nashville last night i am wondering if this would be available anywhere on line to hear
http://tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/gallery?Site=DN&Date=20071126&Category=ENTERTAINMENT01&ArtNo=711270801&Ref=PH&Params=Itemnr=17

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

gbkubfan
11-27-2007, 08:31 PM
That is one of my favorite Elvis songs and I have always felt that Garth can sing any song and make it his own

gbcgbeliever
11-27-2007, 08:34 PM
That is one of my favorite Elvis songs and I have always felt that Garth can sing any song and make it his own
i agree with you i am a huge Elvis fan and would love to hear how Garth sang.it i am thinking u are a Keith Urban fan also... i am too.. love Keith's music...

gbcgbeliever
11-27-2007, 08:51 PM
the show was open to the public and there were tickets available the day of starting at 50.00 ...

iriscrazy
11-27-2007, 10:00 PM
Please...tell us more! I'm still sooo jealous but sooo happy for you guys. That's my goal...just want to meet him and get an autograph. We were hoping this might happen at the OKC Centennial but that was a bust. He just kept looking around in the crowd after it was over...like he just wasn't sure about the whole thing or it could've been the MANY FANS YELLING GARTH!
Anyway, I'd love to hear more about your night. Please pm me pics guys!
Congratulations!

Trishy
11-27-2007, 10:56 PM
This is a great summary of the evening.....

http://www.cmt.com/news/articles/1575159/20071127/brooks_garth.jhtml

GarthsMuse
11-27-2007, 11:19 PM
Thanks for the pics ya'll... I am sooooooooo moving to TN! I can't believe all the cool stuff I miss living so far away!! I really have to get on with it and win the lottery, so I can be a gal of leisure. Which would make it so much easier to move and have some fun!!!

Mel

iriscrazy
11-27-2007, 11:51 PM
Did Garth sing anything beside Suspicious Minds?

Gß-fÄÑ
11-28-2007, 05:13 PM
Gosh,,,,,,, my favorite 2 powerhouse performers....Elvis and GArth. Would have loved to hear GArth sing Suspicious MInds. Oh my........ he should have seen some Elvis footage of that and put a little of it to the song. I don't think I could have taken it if I was there, would have fainted.
Tricia

madnessmike
11-28-2007, 09:33 PM
Yes hearing this one would rock. Anybody know where to look?

LilWhiteTankTop
11-29-2007, 06:39 PM
I'm so upset I didn't know about this! Ha.

mbarker
12-03-2007, 11:42 AM
I am not sure if it will be up for long, or if it is a copyright violation - but a copy does exist on youtube.

TJsgotGBfever
12-03-2007, 12:32 PM
It's always weird seeing him with a microphone in his hand. LOL
Great performance!

Thanks so much for sharing your story Trishy!! how wonderful!! What a night!!
Too cute about the hand holding. I had a big smile when I read about how he reacted to Sunday.... all his shows are magic... but Sunday's was one of those extra special ones you get once in a while...where you can just tell he doesn't want the night to end.