PDA

View Full Version : Products I would like Garth to release

randa16
11-21-2007, 02:06 AM
These are somethings I would love to see Garth release. Feel free to add to the list.

1) A album of cover songs from other people. I love hearing him sing other peoples stuff and loved his encore songs at his concerts so why not?

2) A DVD of him on CMT. I loved hearing him talk about his album the lost sessions and the one where he was talking about his life.

3) A DVD of him on singing songs from TV like him on the CMA awards singing and on Leno etc.

4) A DVD of him talking. Like when Dateline did that huge interview on him or when he did David Frost etc.

5) A DVD where he talks about every album and every song on that album in detiail telling us his favorite songs and where he found them etc.

6) A book about his life.

YouSoundBitter
11-21-2007, 08:04 AM
Not sure about all the intervwiew stuff but what I've always wanted wanted was his performances on all the talk shows and latenight show, and it could either be dvd or cd. But clearing the rights would make it near impossible, unless it's just one show. How's this for a release from GB

Garth Brooks LIVE and Up Late (Best of LENO) ?

karik
11-21-2007, 12:52 PM
I would LOVE an album of cover songs! Then, When it's on a CD, you can put it on an MP3 player! Instead of just having the video(Keep Your hands To Yourself on TIGB I loved!)

madnessmike
11-25-2007, 08:55 PM
You got some great ideas, don't know if it will happen but the cover song idea seems really cool.

colinhf
11-25-2007, 09:35 PM
1) A album of cover songs from other people.

5) A DVD where he talks about every album and every song on that album in detiail telling us his favorite songs and where he found them etc.

I'm dying for these!

iriscrazy
11-25-2007, 09:57 PM
1) An Album of cover songs. I would camp out for that one.
2) A dvd with TV performances. I'd give about anything for a copy of the performance of Shameless on the CMA's (best I recall). You know the one where he is pounding on his chest and does the Shameless wiggle to perfection. I keep hoping that some day I will stumble across it.

DayOfAllGreen
11-26-2007, 09:18 AM
Personally I like that whole list, and upon reading a mere couple of words "Garth" and "talking", I realized my lack of a Garth Interview collection. :-P

I'm also personally waiting for a duets cd. Both of old ones like "Whatcha Gonna Do With A Cowboy" and "Burnin The Roadhouse Down" as well as newer ones like "Love Will Always Win". Perhaps he could do his g-Magic, and a few new songs could work it's way on. Don't know if it would make sense to put the new Huey Lewis duet on there though, but I suppose if Good Ride Cowboy made his Ultimate Hits, why shouldn't that make a duets cd, hm?

Juuuust a thought. ~radiates glow of innocence~

SnakeEyes
11-26-2007, 10:19 AM
At least one live album of ONE show from opening to encore closer.

ramond
11-26-2007, 09:38 PM
this would include every city, live performances never seen before,,

madnessmike
11-26-2007, 11:21 PM
I would like to see Garth release the No Fences volume of G-Book. This would be easy and free on his website. Come-on Garth we've been waiting a long time for it.

karik
11-27-2007, 07:36 PM
Yes the G-book self-titled album has been up FOREVER!

gbkubfan
11-27-2007, 08:25 PM
At least one live album of ONE show from opening to encore closer.

I would love to see all the concerts released as CDs like Pearl Jam does. Give people choice of CD or download like Barenaked Ladies does.

YouSoundBitter
11-28-2007, 11:37 AM
Matchbox Twenty is going to release thier tour in 2008 on USB wristbands. See the show and get the wristband, for the small price of $30.

GBPhan
11-28-2007, 12:20 PM
I would like to see a Live Garth Series or Bootlegs...like Dylan has done.
Also many of you know that "To Make You Feel My Love" is a Dylan tune. And "Shameless" is a Billy Joel tune. The new song "Workin' For A Livin'" is a Huey Louis song. So it makes sense that a covers album would kick ass.
I would also like a duets album, which is just a matter of time.
A series of DVD concerts would be phat aswell.
Just my two cents.

you don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

gbkubfan
11-28-2007, 12:24 PM
Matchbox Twenty is going to release thier tour in 2008 on USB wristbands. See the show and get the wristband, for the small price of $30.

Barenaked Ladies do that also. You can buy a USB thing after the show you just saw. I got one the last time they were in LA. It's pretty cool.

lucaswynne
11-29-2007, 11:42 PM
I'd like a DVD and/or CD of Garth just playing songs acoustically. I wouldn't even care if it was a homemade video that he sold! I'd buy it.

karik
12-01-2007, 01:40 AM
I would like to see a Live Garth Series or Bootlegs...like Dylan has done.
Also many of you know that "To Make You Feel My Love" is a Dylan tune. And "Shameless" is a Billy Joel tune. The new song "Workin' For A Livin'" is a Huey Louis song. So it makes sense that a covers album would kick ass.
I would also like a duets album, which is just a matter of time.
A series of DVD concerts would be phat aswell.
Just my two cents.

you don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows

He also did Mr.Blue as the fleetwoods cover.

alictf
12-01-2007, 02:21 AM
not something to release....but i would LOVE to go to a show (maybe a smaller theater type) where he only sings his songs that weren't singles!...

Everytime That it Rains
Cowboy Bill
Alabama Clay
Ireland
Night Riders Lament
One Night a Day
Mr. Midnight
The Red Strokes
etc. etc. etc.....

of course he could throw in a few singles too :)

to release...more dvds - with the coast to coasts concerts...and sprint center concerts

Oh and I'm eagerly awaiting the trisha/garth duet album...it's gotta happen sometime soon - i've seen him talk about it alot lately....

YouSoundBitter
12-01-2007, 09:04 AM
You know, that's great idea! An entire show of songs that were never singles! if he ever made a deal with ITUNEs for whole albums, this would be awesome promotion on WHY he held out!!!

madnessmike
12-01-2007, 09:43 AM
How about a duet record with Trisha? That would rock

karik
12-01-2007, 01:24 PM
not something to release....but i would LOVE to go to a show (maybe a smaller theater type) where he only sings his songs that weren't singles!...

Everytime That it Rains
Cowboy Bill
Alabama Clay
Ireland
Night Riders Lament
One Night a Day
Mr. Midnight
The Red Strokes
etc. etc. etc.....

of course he could throw in a few singles too :)

to release...more dvds - with the coast to coasts concerts...and sprint center concerts

Oh and I'm eagerly awaiting the trisha/garth duet album...it's gotta happen sometime soon - i've seen him talk about it alot lately....

Didn't he do that for McDonalds in 1994 or something?? It was like his favorites and some were singles and some weren't?

DayOfAllGreen
12-02-2007, 07:25 PM
Yup. For McDonald's he put out a 10 track cds of his favorite songs up to that point. I don't really know too much behind it though, but I sure wish I would have gotten one!