PDA

View Full Version : Country music needs Garth Brooks

sandis
11-19-2007, 11:53 AM
No disrespect to McGraw and Chesney, who have been the superstars of country music the last couple years, but there is only one king in country music - Garth Brooks. Millions of fans are anxiously awaiting his return to the throne.

http://toledoblade.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071116/COLUMNIST35/71116016

karik
11-19-2007, 09:09 PM
nice article!

Monakayla
11-20-2007, 03:10 AM
Yes, Country music does need Garth Brooks. Garth says that we are the show, but we really need a good ringmaster to get the party going, right! Garth got country fired up in the 90s and it could use a little kickstart again.

I'm sure Garth is reading this forum so...

Garth,

Thanks for a great week! All your fans felt a little lighter in heart because we knew that you were out there on stage somewhere. That just seems RIGHT you know. I live in California and could not get off work so I went to the theater show on both days. Not the same as the live show, but best thing aside from being there... I did see you in San Jose back in the day and it was the best show I have ever been to. It was like it's 1991 all over again. As you can clearly see we still know all the words to all the songs, new and old and even the quirky word changes!! ;)

While I fully respect your decision to not tour until your daughters are older, I would love to offer a suggestion that does not involve a full tour until then. How about doing just a few locations a year. 1 Eastern, one central like Dallas, and one on the West coast.( LA, Arco Arena in Sacramento, San Jose, or Oakland Arena). This would allow your fans to see the show, and it would allow your fans to sing the songs for you which we know you love! ;) Do a week at each location and the rest of the year you are home. You could also time the shows according to your girls schedule. Or if you wanted to do something in the Summer when the girls are out of school and could come with you... We will take ANYTHING! We're all fired up, and I think we fired you up a little too. Don't fire us up just to tease us, man!!

Thanks again for a great week. Thanks for being the classy and genuine guy that you are. Whatever you decide, we will leave the light on for ya!

-Monica

Lowland_Kid
11-20-2007, 09:06 AM
Please throw in a week in Europe too (Dublin?) and maybe Australia oh and how about ....

Naw... wouldn't want to ask for to much... ;)

:D
Marjolijn