PDA

View Full Version : GAC tonight

BLL
11-18-2007, 10:33 PM
They showed 'The Ultimate Hits' tonight and revealed: Garth was filmed starkers for the opening of MTAM. His wife assured him he looked great. He said he was afraid no-one would get past the opening shot and miss the meaning of the song. She said she thinks he 'chickened out', LOL!!!

And, he and Huey Lewis swiped Jon Small's rented Caddy and ran it around the Atlanta Speedway, stopping halfway to do a Chinese fire drill so Huey could drive too. He looked like a 10 year old facing his dad when they stopped them. Something to the effect of 'we knew you'd say no so we went for it!!'

Garth_FANtasizer
11-18-2007, 11:28 PM
They showed 'The Ultimate Hits' tonight and revealed: Garth was filmed starkers for the opening of MTAM. His wife assured him he looked great. He said he was afraid no-one would get past the opening shot and miss the meaning of the song. She said she thinks he 'chickened out', LOL!!!

I just about fell on the floor when he was talking about this! Who do we have to pay off to get the original, unedited version of this video?

Naked Garth! Did you hear me people? NAKED GARTH! There is actual footage of NAKED GARTH out there! Have mercy!

~Ann~

Paula
11-18-2007, 11:28 PM
That was one of the things I was going to post about. I'm hoping they kept that footage and will release an uncut version some day.:)

As for the other thing, my mind went blank. I'm going to have to watch it again to remember what I was going to say.

Paula

okiegirl2007
11-18-2007, 11:35 PM
OMG. Yes, i heard ya. "fanning self". I will have that image in my
mind every time i get out of shower.

When he was talking about "When you come back to
me again" and it reminded him of his mom, i just cried
with him. It reminds me of the people i have lost that
were special to me.

Trishy
11-18-2007, 11:40 PM
Ann you're so cute....when I heard the "naked Garth" info I thought, I've got to go check PG to see what Ann has to say.... you're the best...you never disappoint.

TOTALLY STARK naked, he's right.....I wouldn't have even watched the rest of the video. I called friends after I saw him from the neck up, but FULL NAKED GARTH.........ugh...

Shall we start a petition, something.... ok, the song has done well enough, we got the point....now give us................................ NAKED GARTH

Man, Jon Small was at the theater the other day when we saw the ENCORE of Kansas City, if I would have been armed with the "NG" info, I would have done some begging and pleading.....

Maggie526
11-19-2007, 12:10 AM
GARTH NAKED!!!!! OMG. What a delightful image !!!
I’m going to bed happy tonight with that on my mind :)
Thanks for posting this info for those of us that don’t get GAC.

GBTYFan
11-19-2007, 12:19 AM
well that sure sounds interesting....

yet another reason for me to hate the fact that i don't get GAC :(

NYGBFAN1
11-19-2007, 12:32 AM
This is so unfair that stupid cablevision doesn't offer GAC! I have to see this show ;)

riskybzns
11-19-2007, 01:25 AM
you women are sick! ya'll should be ashamed of yourselfs. you hear me, ashamed of yourselfs. :-)

Jen19
11-19-2007, 01:36 AM
Yeah sorry not ashamed.. I want to see that footage..

LOL

kissncry
11-19-2007, 04:17 AM
I'm not saying that naked Garth is a bad thing, but kinda makes you wonder just why he would go all the way when just a simple shirtless shot would've done it? Maybe wanted to show off the hot new bod? Either way, YUMMY!!! We definitely need to get someone on that whole edited lost footage! :D

Sherry

unccstephanie
11-19-2007, 10:08 AM
I don't think I could speak for about 20 minutes afterwards that "little" revelation. I'm with Mrs. Brooks. Why go through all of the anxiety and pressure in the first place if you don't go through with it in the end? BUT I completely get the assumption that all people would talk about would be NAKED GARTH aaaaand the only way I can deal with that is in all capital letters.

All in all, I really enjoyed this special. I love hearing the back stories to videos.

alictf
11-19-2007, 01:00 PM
LOL, ya'll are so funny.

i have to say you've pretty much proved Garth's point - no one would of ever seen the rest of the video :)

Maggie526
11-19-2007, 01:45 PM
This is so unfair that stupid cablevision doesn't offer GAC! I have to see this show ;)

I have cablevision also :(

Maggie526
11-19-2007, 01:47 PM
you women are sick! ya'll should be ashamed of yourselfs. you hear me, ashamed of yourselfs. :-)

I'd be ashamed if I DIDN'T want to get my hands on this footage :)

riskybzns
11-19-2007, 02:37 PM
i'm sure its out there on the net. just have to do some digging is all. lol

brosia13
11-19-2007, 02:41 PM
Wow. I have got to hope that someday the uncut version will be released on dvd. I can't help but giggle and blush every time I think of NAKED GARTH. I'm sure he's right tho, and most people wouldn't have gotten past the first few minutes - I know I would have probably passed out on the floor. lol

iriscrazy
11-19-2007, 03:34 PM
WOW...........WOW. What can I say, WOW. Garth always likes to shake things up. That would've done it. Garth shirtless..worth the price of the CD/DVD but Garth butt naked, PRICELESS. However, I think that I'm glad that he didn't release it and I'm not exactly sure why. Grandma always said, "you've got to leave something to the imagination." Now, let's all imagine that for a while. LOL!!!

Trishy
11-19-2007, 05:23 PM
The clip from GAC with Garth and Trisha talking about the shower scene was adorable. Hopefully you people without GAC will somehow hear the way they talked about it...

I must admit, I'm very surprised that Trisha was so cool as a cucumber about sharing "all that" with all of us. She sounded like the one disappointed he didn't do it....

Maybe he'll re-re-release another boxset and put a video for Leave the Light on and then the FULL version of More than a Memory.

Mo'Betta
11-19-2007, 05:28 PM
I think Garth was right when he said if they included it, that would be all people would talk about and it would take away from the video. Remember the whole Joe Don tushy controversy with the rascal flatts video "I Melt"? All I think of when I hear about or see the video is how his butt was showing (like it's such a bad thing, it's just butt cheeks for gods sake!)

Personally I think it would add a no-boundaries feeling to the video, like we were really seeing a real person with a real scenario. I'm sure, as John Small had said, the shot was tastefully done. I wish I could have seen it, and not just because I'd like to see Garth in his birthday suit, but because it would have been a beautiful piece of art when included with the rest of the video.
I'm positive the Garth-Bashers would have had a field day with that though. Besides, have you guys seen the trashy videos they play on MTV or VH1 or whatever they play the non-country music videos on? Tons of those are pure garbage, and the lyrics are suggestive to the point when I get disgusted (a good example is Umbrella by Rihanna if any of you have seen/ heard it you know what I mean)

I have no doubt if Garth would have released the 'naked' version it would have been classy, and artistic and beautiful. But alas it would draw unwanted attention that would take from the rest of the video and foucs on his butt or whatever was shown. It would have been nothing like the horrible MTV/VH1 vids that focus on sex appeal alone.

Long story short: I wish they would have included it but I completly agree with Garth as to why they didn't.

Maggie526
11-19-2007, 05:29 PM
i'm sure its out there on the net. just have to do some digging is all. lol

If anyone finds it I hope they post it here :)

Maggie526
11-19-2007, 05:33 PM
WOW...........WOW. What can I say, WOW. Garth always likes to shake things up. That would've done it. Garth shirtless..worth the price of the CD/DVD but Garth butt naked, PRICELESS. However, I think that I'm glad that he didn't release it and I'm not exactly sure why. Grandma always said, "you've got to leave something to the imagination." Now, let's all imagine that for a while. LOL!!!

You can leave it to your imagination if you want. ME I want to see the video :)

alictf
11-19-2007, 05:34 PM
i usually agree that almost anything can be found on the internet....but i think this probably will not ever be seen unless Garth decides he wants it seen someday. don't see it getting leaked....

can't you just see Garth's face if he were to read this thread LOL...

GBronx
11-19-2007, 05:47 PM
See!! all they did was TALK about him being Nekid!!! AND that's all you're talking about from an hour show!!! ROTFLMAO!!!

riskybzns
11-19-2007, 06:14 PM
if ya'll women get this excited over garth's rump i just might have to post mine to get some attention. lol

Mo'Betta
11-19-2007, 06:23 PM
if ya'll women get this excited over garth's rump i just might have to post mine to get some attention. lol

ROTFLMAF
Careful, some of these ladies might take you up on that, ecspecially if you look like Garth

brosia13
11-19-2007, 06:36 PM
ha ha - yeah, it might at least hold us over a bit until we see the original. lol

jnull91
11-19-2007, 07:42 PM
I'm not saying that naked Garth is a bad thing, but kinda makes you wonder just why he would go all the way when just a simple shirtless shot would've done it? Maybe wanted to show off the hot new bod? Either way, YUMMY!!! We definitely need to get someone on that whole edited lost footage! :D
Sherry

down girl! Your fireman will have to put you out after you burst into flames!
but what a way to go! naked Garth...

riskybzns
11-19-2007, 08:48 PM
i'm not sayini look like him, but i have the gut and the size 38 wranglers. lol

TJsgotGBfever
11-20-2007, 09:35 AM
This thread is hysterical!!

I had a hard time seeing him just sit on the bed with no shirt on... I don't think I can handle ALL of Garth without a heart attack. ROFL

This was a well done show... loved it!!!!!! the footage of him and Huey in the Cadi was too funny. I am wondering what he played for the music execs first before WYCBTMA.

Trishy
11-20-2007, 10:28 AM
Does he wear 38 wranglers?

kissncry
11-20-2007, 10:47 AM
down girl! Your fireman will have to put you out after you burst into flames!
but what a way to go! naked Garth...

I hear ya, girl!! But, you have to remember to type it correctly. NAKED GARTH!! All caps.... give it the respect it deserves. ;)

Sherry

brosia13
11-20-2007, 10:50 AM
lmao I think now everytime I see someone typing in all caps I'll automatically think "NAKED GARTH." That's not so bad, tho right?

riskybzns
11-20-2007, 01:07 PM
i'm a guy, so why would i want to know his waist size for, lol. i'm not even sure how tall he is but i'm 6ft 3. ya'll woman should know his stats. lol

YaGottaLoveGarth
11-20-2007, 02:11 PM
I hear ya, girl!! But, you have to remember to type it correctly. NAKED GARTH!! All caps.... give it the respect it deserves. ;)

Sherry

Gee Sherry,

When you say give "IT" the respect it deserves, to what are you referring?

YaGottaLoveGarth (but not literally).

Maggie526
11-20-2007, 02:26 PM
[QUOTE=TJsgotGBfever;385157]This thread is hysterical!!

I had a hard time seeing him just sit on the bed with no shirt on... I don't think I can handle ALL of Garth without a heart attack. ROFL

Me too.. seeing him in the shower and when he opened that closet door
made my heart race.. getting to see a NAKED GARTH .. may be too much for me.. but that won't keep me from watching if this part of the video ever gets released :)

alictf
11-20-2007, 05:23 PM
I am wondering what he played for the music execs first before WYCBTMA.

Yes i want to hear that song too!!!!