PDA

View Full Version : Setlist from 96'

GBPhan
11-16-2007, 08:08 PM
I am lookin' for a setlist from the 96' show he did at Kemper Arena in KC.
I went to a couple of the 07' shows and would like to make a scrap book with my tickets and the setlists, aswell as articles and memorabilia. The show in question is Sunday, May 5, 1996 Kemper Arena Kansas City. It was the Fresh Horses Tour. If anyone can help that would be greatly appriciated. I have looked in as many places as I can think of. With no luck Thanks GBPHAN 4Ever

AronP24
11-17-2007, 08:50 AM
1) The Old stuff
2) Rodeo
3) Two of a Kind
4) Papa Loved Mama
5) Beaches Of Cheyenne
6) Shameless
7) Thunder Rolls
8) We Shall Be Free
9) Unanswered Prayers
10) The River
11) If Tommorrow Never Comes
12)Callin' Baton Rouge
13) Rollin'
14) The Fever
15)Friends in Low Places
16) The Dance
Encore 1)
17) Ain't Goin' Down
Encore 2)
18) Night Moves
19) Turn The Page
20) Sweet Baby James
21) She's Every Woman
22) It's Midnight Cinderella
23) American Pie

SnakeEyes
11-17-2007, 09:07 AM
Now how did you happen to have this specific setlist? lol. Amazing.

AronP24
11-17-2007, 03:06 PM
Now how did you happen to have this specific setlist? lol. Amazing.

I was a stalker in the late 90's...actually I went to a BUNCH of world tour 2 shows and that happened to be one of them

also have the setlists for all 5 atlanta shows, 2 charlotte shows, 3 tamps shows, etc

SnakeEyes
11-17-2007, 03:52 PM
WOW. If ya don't mind, please go ahead and post those too. I'm curious :)

NYGBFAN1
11-17-2007, 05:22 PM
I would appreciate the setlists for the Tampa 98 shows, I went to 2 out of 4 nights. :)

jformont
11-17-2007, 07:10 PM
wow... i hate to burden anyone, but would anyone have the 96 Atlanta show that was on St. Patrick's day?

GBPhan
11-17-2007, 07:32 PM
Aron, I thank you for the setlist, however I do remember him doing The Change, and It Was Your Song as he introduced his mother. He was in a George Brett Royals Jersey. Is this of any help?
1) The Old stuff
2) Rodeo
3) Two of a Kind
4) Papa Loved Mama
5) Beaches Of Cheyenne
6) Shameless
7) Thunder Rolls
8) We Shall Be Free
9) Unanswered Prayers
10) The River
11) If Tommorrow Never Comes
12)Callin' Baton Rouge
13) Rollin'
14) The Fever
15)Friends in Low Places
16) The Dance
Encore 1)
17) Ain't Goin' Down
Encore 2)
18) Night Moves
19) Turn The Page
20) Sweet Baby James
21) She's Every Woman
22) It's Midnight Cinderella
23) American Pie

GBPhan
11-17-2007, 07:37 PM
Aron, I think you are right. I don't think he did Your song. I thik it was Shes Every woman, as he introduced his mom. I am pretty sure he did the Change, but I could be wrong. I wish there was a site or link that has his concert history, dates and setlists. Let me know if I am wrong on the change. thanks

You don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows.

Emerald Isle
11-17-2007, 08:49 PM
It's funny how much this setlist resembles the KC lists... and he's released two full albums since then.

madnessmike
11-18-2007, 10:15 AM
i wish I could get Garth singing Sweet Baby James on CD. The entire song of course not the short cover on VH1 Storytellers.

SnakeEyes
11-18-2007, 11:06 AM
ditto

AronP24
11-18-2007, 10:17 PM
Aron, I think you are right. I don't think he did Your song. I thik it was Shes Every woman, as he introduced his mom. I am pretty sure he did the Change, but I could be wrong. I wish there was a site or link that has his concert history, dates and setlists. Let me know if I am wrong on the change. thanks

You don't need a weather man to know which way the wind blows.

"your song" was not written till 98...it was definately she's every woman...he may have done the change after "rollin"...but I didn't write that one down...but you could very well be right...he did do it in atlanta 4 of the 5 nights...he later deleted "rollin' " from his live shows as it didn't get the crowd response he had been wanting with it...I thought it was great though

I'll post the other setlists soon....Most from this world tour are nearly identical...the only difference being the encores ....and then a few songs from sevens (long neck bottle/2 pina coladas) and duets with trisha when she joined him on tour in 97 after dan and "crap forgot other guys name at the moment sorry" didn't open for him anymore as they did in nearly all the 96 shows

AronP24
11-18-2007, 10:20 PM
wow... i hate to burden anyone, but would anyone have the 96 Atlanta show that was on St. Patrick's day?

yes I do..that was a fantastic show even though they were still working out the sound bugs since it was the first stop on the world tour! I will never forget that week in atlanta!!!! The city was in a frenzy (as are most when garth arrives)
This was the night he sat on the end of the stage with just his guitar and sang the full "turn the page" seger tune...it was so amazing because he was finally "out on the road again" doing what he loved after a 1 year break...the crowd was fantastic that night too

garthtacular
11-18-2007, 11:05 PM
i wish I could get Garth singing Sweet Baby James on CD. The entire song of course not the short cover on VH1 Storytellers.

He did do this on The Hungry Years from Willies Saloon

jformont
11-19-2007, 11:50 AM
yes I do..that was a fantastic show even though they were still working out the sound bugs since it was the first stop on the world tour! I will never forget that week in atlanta!!!! The city was in a frenzy (as are most when garth arrives)
This was the night he sat on the end of the stage with just his guitar and sang the full "turn the page" seger tune...it was so amazing because he was finally "out on the road again" doing what he loved after a 1 year break...the crowd was fantastic that night too

It was an awesome show, could you post the setlist for me?

TampaGarthFan
12-06-2007, 09:58 PM
Bumping because I would also love to have the setlist from Tampa.

We went October 30, 1998 and got picked to be in the second row by Garth's dad. We had third level seats and I was a little bummed when we got there because I had heard they did not have monitors so I figured Garth would look like an ant from how high up we were. We were on our way to our seats when some guy started calling out to my husband. I was only half paying attention because I figured it was about the food we had, maybe we weren't supposed to or something. When he asked how we would feel about being in the second row, I went pale and I think he said something else to hubby but I was freaking out and didn't catch it. Last I heard him say was the only condition was we had to scream and hubby took one look at me and said "I don't think that will be a problem" By this point I was starting to cry, I just couldn't believe it. Hubby still laughs about it to this day because when the concert started he said my eyes just glazed over and it was nothing but Garth the rest of the night. He could have left and doesn't think I would have noticed. I had no voice by the time we left the concert and didn't get it back for almost 4 days which my coworkers found hysterical. Good times!

Paula
12-06-2007, 11:27 PM
Bumping because I would also love to have the setlist from Tampa.I knew I had typed a journal of my trip to Tampa, complete with the setlists from the four shows, and I can't believe I actually found where I had filed it.

Wednesday, October 28 (Garth's show started at 9 and ended at 11:05): The Old Stuff; Rodeo; Beaches of Cheyenne; Two Pina Coladas; Two of a Kind; Papa Loved Mama; The Thunder Rolls; We Shall Be Free; To Make You Feel My Love (acoustic); The River (started acoustically, then joined by the band); That Summer; Callin' Baton Rouge; Longneck Bottle; In Another's Eyes and Walkaway Joe (with Trisha); The Fever; Friends in Low Places; The Dance. Encore: Ain't Going Down; You Move Me (acoustic); American Pie (started acoustically, then joined by the band).

Thursday, October 29 (Garth's show started at 9:05 and ended at 11:20): The Old Stuff; Rodeo; Beaches of Cheyenne; Two Pina Coladas; Two of a Kind; Papa Loved Mama; The Thunder Rolls; We Shall Be Free; Unanswered Prayers and To Make You Feel My Love (acoustic); The River (started acoustically, then joined by the band); Standing Outside the Fire; Callin' Baton Rouge; Longneck Bottle; In Another's Eyes, Powerful Thing and Where Your Road Leads (with Trisha); The Fever; Friends in Low Places; The Dance. Encore: Sweet Baby James and You Move Me (acoustic); That Summer (started acoustically, then joined by the band); Much Too Young; Piano Man.

Friday, October 30 (Garth's show started at 9:10 and ended at 11:40): The Old Stuff; Two of a Kind; Beaches of Cheyenne; Two Pina Coladas; Shameless (complete with swivel); Papa Loved Mama; The Thunder Rolls; We Shall Be Free; Unanswered Prayers and To Make You Feel My Love (acoustic); The River (started acoustically, then joined by the band); Standing Outside the Fire; Callin' Baton Rouge; Longneck Bottle; In Another's Eyes and Walkaway Joe (with Trisha); The Fever; Friends in Low Places; The Dance. Encore (called this housekeeping night; on This Ain't Tennessee, he forgot the words, promised to come back to it, did a couple more songs and then came back and sang it): Ain't Going Down; You Move Me, Belleau Wood and If Tomorrow Never Comes (acoustic); Much Too Young; It's Your Song; This Ain't Tennessee; Starry, Starry Night; American Pie.

Saturday, October 31 (Garth's show started at 9:25 and ended at 11:10): The Old Stuff; Rodeo; Beaches of Cheyenne; Two Pina Coladas; Two of a Kind; The Thunder Rolls; We Shall Be Free; Unanswered Prayers and If Tomorrow Never Comes (acoustic); The River (started acoustically, then joined by the band); That Summer; Standing Outside the Fire; Callin' Baton Rouge; Longneck Bottle; In Another's Eyes and Powerful Thing (with Trisha); The Fever; Friends in Low Places; The Dance. Encore: Ain't Going Down.

My journal also had the setlist for Trisha's opening, but only for two of the nights, and also included some comments on little things that went on during the shows.

Paula

TampaGarthFan
12-07-2007, 09:27 AM
That is awesome! Thanks so much. Can you believe I didn't even bring a camera with me that night?! Having been to the Ice Palace (what it was called then) before I knew we wouldn't get any decent pictures from that high up never imagining we would be in 2nd row.

GarthdaMan
12-07-2007, 10:52 AM
Paula,

I wasn't even there in Tampa for those shows, but thanks for posting! It's a good trip down memory lane. Very similar to the setlists for shows that I have seen during that world tour.

Ryan