PDA

View Full Version : Ebay & Concert merchandise

Shamless_4Garth
11-16-2007, 09:20 AM
Ok, sorry people but I need to vent on this.....

Since I wasn't one of the lucky people to go to the shows in KC, I was hoping to find a way to get a t-shirt and a hoodie, so I decided on whim to head over to Ebay and see what they had....boy was I enraged!!!!!!

They had t-shirts and hoodies alright......and one in particular had a Buy It Now price of......$149.99??????? Not cool in my book. I understand these are very hard to come by items, but what do you think Garth would think about asking such an astronomical amount for his merchandise? He has always tried to keep things affordable for all his fans, whether it be concert tickets, cd's or dvd's. I don't think the Gman would be too happy at all, but JMHO....any thoughts on this, or am I making a mountain out of a molehill???

Ok, I'm done now :)

ScareCrowFan
11-16-2007, 10:14 AM
I think I would wait a little while and see if GB.com puts it on their website for sale...just a thought. I would never pay that much for a t-shirt, I don't think Garth would like that very much!

Dudleynascar
11-16-2007, 11:00 AM
Yeah, this eBay stuff is crazy. I went out to the concert on the 5th and bought a hoodie and 2 shirts. I was watching one auction last night that went from $77 to $140.50 in 6 minutes at the end. I hope they have it on gb.com soon so people can get them like they have the NYC shirts.

YouSoundBitter
11-16-2007, 02:05 PM
Where there lots at the last show? I'm sure they would put it up on GB.com to get rid of it, no use in sitting on it now...

CountryBee
11-16-2007, 03:43 PM
I was just at GB.com, hoping that they might have some K. C. concert mercandise up for sale, but nothing yet. Yes, eBay can get crazy with bidding frenzy for some merchandise, especially something which people believe is a rare item. Just wait and see how many more people decide to put their K. C. concert items up for bid. When people see how much money some sellers are getting for items, everybody wants "in on the action (auctions)". When a certain number of the same item are all up for bid at the same time, that is when the prices will come down. Sometimes, if you look hard enough and wait long enough, you can find the item you want for a reasonable (sometimes even a bargain) price. By waiting and watching, I was able to get a "Scarecrow" t-shirt and a "Scarecrow" jacket (the same ones sold at his 2001 concerts) for reasonable prices. If I remember correctly, I got the jacket for less than what it was selling for at Garth's L. A. Forum concert.
Bee

randa16
11-16-2007, 03:45 PM
I dont see the problem with it. If I had a extra shirt and put it on ebay I cant control how many people bid on it and what it goes for. I do think it is crazy to do the buy it now for that much.

alictf
11-16-2007, 04:31 PM
a hoodie just sold for over $100!!! i'm mad at myself for not getting a couple of extra. i would of started it at what i paid for it - and if people want to bid that high, if they think it's worth it - go for it! would of helped me pay for my trip to KC - which was NOT cheap! :)

however, no way I would put my own personal hoodie on there! :) keepin it forever :)

jturtels
11-16-2007, 06:12 PM
i would of started it at what i paid for it - and if people want to bid that high, if they think it's worth it - go for it!

Exactly!!

YouSoundBitter
11-16-2007, 08:44 PM
Hey, other artist are selling plan t-shirts at shows for $25-$30 nodays, now that's a scam, making your fans pay that much for something that cost you what, $1.50 to make. That's the rip off going on.

AronP24
11-17-2007, 08:41 AM
wait 2-3 weeks...the "craze" will be over and you should be able to pick one up at or around original price...this happens ALL the time...it's just a 2 weeks spurt that occured because of the shows in KC and the theatre

Mr_Sevens
11-17-2007, 03:32 PM
i don't think the hoodies will go on sale at GB.com

I thought the whole point of those hoodies was that you could only get them at the concerts. The whole "I was there" thing on the shirts kinda make them a limited thing...

alictf
11-19-2007, 04:30 PM
i don't think the hoodies will go on sale at GB.com

I thought the whole point of those hoodies was that you could only get them at the concerts. The whole "I was there" thing on the shirts kinda make them a limited thing...

i hope that is true. if i didn't go to the concert, i don't think i'd want one that said 'i was there'

karik
11-19-2007, 08:00 PM
I want one! I WAS there!!! But they sold out of all hoodies!

alictf
11-19-2007, 09:18 PM
and that is who i would expect to buy them off of ebay.....i might buy one if someone had a medium on there! they ran out of mediums the first night....still none the second night...