PDA

View Full Version : November 23rd: Garth Brooks : From Kansas City to your living room!

Brett Dale
11-15-2007, 07:12 PM
Garth Brooks : From Kansas City to your living room!

http://magazine.angrycountry.com/article.php?story=20071115181004574

he final night of Garth's sold-out run in Kansas City was beamed to movie theatres around the world, and now it's heading to your living room! Several fans in attendance in KC have reported that Garth made the announcement during the non-broadcast part of his show, and AngryCountry has since confirmed this through local media and radio who were in attendance. The concert is said to be airing on the Great American Country (GAC) television network on November, 23 at 8PM Eastern time. A GAC spokesperson could not confirm the details, but a recent press release promised a future "Huge Announcement" and we can only assume that this is it! A check of the TV Guide listings for that night also shows a change to "To Be Announced" during that time-slot, further hinting at the accuracy of the reports.

GAC is the preferred country music television station of country fans around the country who prefer their mostly music programming over CMT's scripted shows and movie re-runs.

Great American Country is the leader in country music entertainment. GAC delivers to viewers the widest variety of country music, its artists and the lifestyles they influence. GAC broadcasts original country music programming, country music performance specials, live concerts, music videos, and is the exclusive television home of the Grand Ole Opry. GAC is available in more than 50 million households and online at http://www.GACTV.com.

okiegirl2007
11-15-2007, 08:46 PM
that is great. :D thanks for sharing.

GBsgirl
11-15-2007, 08:47 PM
Hmmmmm hopefully the satillete(Spelled that wrong LOL) dish at the cabin at the lake gets GAC.

madnessmike
11-15-2007, 08:55 PM
I pray that this is true, I'll get the DVD ready ASAP. I can't wait.

Ecnad
11-15-2007, 08:59 PM
it IS true. Can't say how I know, but expect an announcement tomorrow morning at 8am

LilWhiteTankTop
11-15-2007, 09:13 PM
Oh good! I don't have GAC here but I'll be home for the holidays. Goood timing, GAC, gooood timing!

captngurl
11-15-2007, 10:13 PM
o boy do I wish that i had GAC... hopefully at some point it will come out on dvd.. that will be my only way to watch it...

alictf
11-15-2007, 11:14 PM
any chance they might show the encore too?? i would love to see that too.

Ecnad
11-15-2007, 11:18 PM
No :(

TV Guide lists it as 90minutes, not enough time for the encore.

Mr. Midnight
11-16-2007, 01:23 AM
...a recent press release promised a future "Huge Announcement" and we can only assume that this is it...

hehehe...

I heard a very interesting rumor tonight when I got back from the encore showing at the theater...

My dad heard it on the radio (or at least he says he did)... Normally, I would dismiss a rumor like this outright, and especially coming from him, BUT the radio station he supposedly heard it on is the same station that (to my knowledge) was one of the FIRST to break the news on the Ultimate Hits (which originally led me to starting the "New Album" thread)...

So I can't help but think that maybe, just MAYBE it may have some legitimacy to it...

I don't want to say anything more, for fear of being rediculed when it turns out to be just a rumor. But if it's not a rumor... omg the mere thought of it is too much to comprehend right now...

Let's just say it is much, Much, MUUUUUUUUUUUUCH bigger than a TV show or DVD...

:)

Shamless_4Garth
11-16-2007, 09:06 AM
hehehe...

I heard a very interesting rumor tonight when I got back from the encore showing at the theater...

My dad heard it on the radio (or at least he says he did)... Normally, I would dismiss a rumor like this outright, and especially coming from him, BUT the radio station he supposedly heard it on is the same station that (to my knowledge) was one of the FIRST to break the news on the Ultimate Hits (which originally led me to starting the "New Album" thread)...

So I can't help but think that maybe, just MAYBE it may have some legitimacy to it...

I don't want to say anything more, for fear of being rediculed when it turns out to be just a rumor. But if it's not a rumor... omg the mere thought of it is too much to comprehend right now...

Let's just say it is much, Much, MUUUUUUUUUUUUCH bigger than a TV show or DVD...

Awwww....don't leave us hangin like that :( Hopefully if it's THAT juicy, it will turn out to be more than a rumor.....

Cat3192
11-16-2007, 09:18 AM
It's officially time to start campaigning to my cable company to get GAC.....

And Mr. Midnight, that is so not funny ;)

flotowndesi
11-16-2007, 09:30 AM
i don't have GAC...but we do have it at work...i get off at 8 on fridays...but im thinkin i should stay a lil later...get some extra "work" done :)

flotowndesi
11-16-2007, 09:42 AM
heres a link to the press release

http://www.prnewswire.com/mnr/gac/30556/

gbwnab
11-16-2007, 10:59 AM
hehehe...

On the one hand Midnight, you don't want to be ridiculed for bringing up something that might just turn out to be rumour, on the other- you bring it up partially and risk being ridiculed for that...that would be a tough call...I might have just left it alone then, whats the point of saying anything at all??
So, to recap, you might know something, that might be true, and we might find out later??....ahhh I can rest easy now. Oh, by the way- welcome to the forums.

Emerald Isle
11-16-2007, 11:26 AM
hehehe...

Lemme guess... Garth is releasing a "Special Edition" of The Ultimate Hits in January with 2 more new songs and 1 extra video.

I mean, I only own one copy of it and at least two versions of every other album, so why not?

AronP24
11-16-2007, 11:55 AM
Lemme guess... Garth is releasing a "Special Edition" of The Ultimate Hits in January with 2 more new songs and 1 extra video.

I mean, I only own one copy of it and at least two versions of every other album, so why not?

LMAO!

Garthnutt4Life
11-16-2007, 12:58 PM
My radio station just announced a major emphasizing MAJOR (twice even) concert announcement coming next Tuesday! I am trying not to get my hopes up, but can't help but to pray that maybe it has to do with the man!

EveryNow&Then
11-16-2007, 01:20 PM
I'm not sure my credit cards can handle another MAJOR Garth announecment! I'm kinda hoping he can give us til at least next summer for our wallets to recover....

rhd13
11-16-2007, 01:24 PM
I have a feeling that is probably what I was referring to in the other post. I think we are going to have another show on our hands :)

Mr. Midnight
11-16-2007, 02:19 PM
I think we are going to have another show on our hands :)

that is basically what I heard... I cant hold it in any longer..

I apologize in advance if it's just a rumor (which is VERY likely), but what I heard was this:

MORE shows announced in "near future", plus an upcoming WORLD TOUR!!!
(Note: no time frame was mentioned, only the fact that it would all be revealed in the "near future")

I know this is not a "new" rumor by any means, but the fact that it was (supposedly) mentioned on a radio station that I trust (and who gave me free 2nd row tickets to Keith Urban...), it at least has me considering the possibility that it is true.

If indeed it is true, I personally would expect that it would not happen right away (which is fine by me since I basically spent every last penny I had to fly to KC from Seattle last Saturday!!!); but I do think it will happen before his daughters leave for college or whatever. At the same time, I whole-heartedly believe Garth intends to keep his word on the matter of being around for his kids, so possibly THEY were the ones to persuade him to tour again??? Surely they could see how much he LOOOOVED performing, maybe they just told him it was fine by them to go do some shows every once in a while...That would be about the only situation I could imagine where this would be legit.

Anyways, not trying to get anyones hopes up, but just relaying what I was told. (and God, I hope it's true!!!)

Mr. Midnight
11-16-2007, 02:24 PM
And by the way, when my Dad first told me this I basically tried to call his bluff and told him he was full of it, but he remained steadfast that he heard what he heard... but I yelled at him anyways because I couldn't sleep after hearing something like that! lol

rhd13
11-16-2007, 02:28 PM
I don't want to give all the details (because it isn't my place to say it), but basically what I was told is that there is one show scheduled in December.

Mr. Midnight
11-16-2007, 02:29 PM
I have a feeling that is probably what I was referring to in the other post. :)

just read your post in the other thread... ironically that seems to line up pretty well with what I just wrote above!

Emerald Isle
11-16-2007, 03:20 PM
I don't want to give all the details (because it isn't my place to say it), but basically what I was told is that there is one show scheduled in December.

This is pretty cool if true... my big question though, is Where?

My radio station just announced a major emphasizing MAJOR (twice even) concert announcement coming next Tuesday! I am trying not to get my hopes up, but can't help but to pray that maybe it has to do with the man!

Maybe this is a clue to the answer... Garthnutt4life, where do you live?

Garthnutt4Life
11-16-2007, 04:16 PM
I live in west central PA. I can't imagine they would announce something for Pittsburgh or Philly, they normally don't because they are quite a distance away. The only venue they usually announce major concerts for is the Bryce Jordan Center that is in State College (Penn State). I'm keeping my fingers crossed!!

sandis
11-16-2007, 04:21 PM
I posted this in another thread:

Garth has enjoyed his nine-concert series so much that he is thinking of doing a few more. He tells the L.A. Times that he would consider playing additional multiple-date stints in key cities, including Minneapolis-St. Paul and Los Angeles, as well as investigating virtual touring like the show tonight. "I'm trying to figure out how it's going to get easier," he says. "I can imagine bands in the future saying to me, 'You actually traveled to the cities where you played?'"

http://www.planetgarth.com/forums/showthread.php?t=126934

dlr5
11-16-2007, 04:25 PM
I live in west central PA. I can't imagine they would announce something for Pittsburgh or Philly, they normally don't because they are quite a distance away. The only venue they usually announce major concerts for is the Bryce Jordan Center that is in State College (Penn State). I'm keeping my fingers crossed!!

I live in Central PA! State College. If he comes here, you will know.

Diane

Garthnutt4Life
11-16-2007, 04:32 PM
I live in Central PA! State College. If he comes here, you will know.

Diane

Well if you listen to Froggy 98, they are the ones who keep teasing with this major concert announcement Tuesday so I guess we will know on Tuesday!

SnakeEyes
11-16-2007, 05:02 PM
Hah, Minneapolis is 4 hours in the opposite direction as Kansas City. I'd so be there :)

SnakeEyes
11-16-2007, 05:14 PM
double post

gbwnab
11-16-2007, 07:02 PM
During the two shows that we attended in KC the annnouncer that came on just before the show said it was the 2007 GB World Tour. Now I suppose that the "theater tour" could have been condsidered "world" but after hearing all of the supposition lately, I wonder if the announcer knew something that we didn't???

SweetGBFan
11-16-2007, 07:48 PM
Well if you listen to Froggy 98, they are the ones who keep teasing with this major concert announcement Tuesday so I guess we will know on Tuesday!

I live in PA near Pittsburgh. If this man does a tour I sure hope he includes Pittsburgh. I would travel to State College though, even though it is 3 hours away. My gosh, if this is true God Bless those little girls for giving us back their daddy.

dlr5
11-16-2007, 09:32 PM
I can not speak for him, but he has made it pretty clear that he is not back touring. I can see him maybe occassionally doing what he did in KC, but I think their lives are pretty busy with running his girls.

PJ
11-16-2007, 09:32 PM
During the two shows that we attended in KC the annnouncer that came on just before the show said it was the 2007 GB World Tour. Now I suppose that the "theater tour" could have been considered "world" but after hearing all of the supposition lately, I wonder if the announcer knew something that we didn't???

Well, if you consider the fact that the world came to KC to see Garth, it's kinda a world tour. ;)

AronP24
11-17-2007, 08:36 AM
Well, if you consider the fact that the world came to KC to see Garth, it's kinda a world tour. ;)

ooooooh Touche'

gbwnab
11-17-2007, 10:09 AM
I think its a bit of a stretch however (to say the world came to KC to see GB) but I'm not going to argue the semantics of the terminology. I do think that your point has merit, no more of less than the thought that the announcer might have known more then he was letting on...It seems to me, in all the years that I've been following GB him/his people never do anything just because, theres always a reason.

ZooPal32
11-17-2007, 11:49 AM
cool beans

PJ
11-17-2007, 01:21 PM
I think its a bit of a stretch however (to say the world came to KC to see GB)

OK, then how about folks from all around the world came to KC to see GB? :)

kea883
11-17-2007, 09:23 PM
I'm wondering if the major concert announcement that Garthnutt4life is speaking about is about the Keith Urban/Carrie Underwood show? I'm also a big Keith Urban fan and according to his website, State College is on the list of the 24 special shows they are doing together. That would make a lot more sense than Garth announcing more dates this coming Tuesday.

I saw Garth the second night and it was awesome! I've seen my two favorites this year and that's put a lot of joy into my life with my Mom being sick most of the year and my husband and I going through fertility treatments. If Garth does do more shows within the next few years, I would sure hope to be there!!

gbwnab
11-17-2007, 10:55 PM
OK, then how about folks from all around the world came to KC to see GB? :)

Again, I agree that folks did come from all over the wold, me being one of them. However, when an artist does a "world tour" you know as well as I do, it is the artist that has (in the past) been the one to do the majority of the traveling. Virtual touring is an interesting posibility though.
I will continue to hold out hope that there are more dates coming and that is what the announcer was refering to.

SweetGBFan
11-18-2007, 04:10 AM
I'm wondering if the major concert announcement that Garthnutt4life is speaking about is about the Keith Urban/Carrie Underwood show? I'm also a big Keith Urban fan and according to his website, State College is on the list of the 24 special shows they are doing together. That would make a lot more sense than Garth announcing more dates this coming Tuesday.

I saw Garth the second night and it was awesome! I've seen my two favorites this year and that's put a lot of joy into my life with my Mom being sick most of the year and my husband and I going through fertility treatments. If Garth does do more shows within the next few years, I would sure hope to be there!!

I am thinking you are right on that one. I doubt it is Garth. Im sure it's Keith and Carrie coming to State College.

Dude
11-18-2007, 04:42 AM
Would be somebody with a dvd recorder be willing to tape that show for me and mail it to Germany. I could pay by Paypal. Please send me a PM. Thanks

ScareCrowFan
11-18-2007, 09:27 AM
I was wondering about the whole World Tour thing...the hat I bought at the concert in KC has a pink "g" and then Garth Brooks World Tour on it...my hubby wanted to know if it was "old" merchandise! So who knows what the G-man has in store for us...I will just sit back, relax and get ready for whatever ride he plans to take us on...

madnessmike
11-18-2007, 10:13 AM
I hope he comes to Detroit or Cleveland.

Monakayla
11-20-2007, 02:59 AM
We'll have to wait and see until we get some post KC official word from Garth. One thing is for sure, the ride will be a great one whenever it comes again! There is a magic thing that happens between Garth and the fans at the shows and you simply can not define it. He gets the crowd fired up and loud during the up tempo stuff and then he follows those with UP,ITNC,Dance,River.

I love the up tempo stuff becuase I do want to be reved up at concert, but I think the real magic is in those 4 songs, especially when the crowd sings it to Garth during all or part of the song.
I have never seen another artist with such an intimate connection to his fans.
Seeing that show in the theater was cool. I saw how reved up the crowd was and I knew it was like 1991 all over again. What artist could be gone for as long as Garth has and still go right back to it like he never left? GARTH!!!!

Lowland_Kid
11-20-2007, 08:18 AM
The World Tour thing makes me laugh. He pulled that trick before ;)

The world is a whole lot bigger than the USA, Garth! ;) (And I know you know because you've been around a bit :p)

dlr5
11-20-2007, 11:32 AM

I didn't hear the announcement, did you?

Garthnutt4Life
11-20-2007, 01:09 PM
I didn't hear the announcement, did you?

Yes I did, unfortunately it was for the Rascal Flatts with Kelly Pickler. :( Ahhh well it was nice to dream of the possibilities...lol

john ransdell
11-20-2007, 04:58 PM
I pray that this is true, I'll get the DVD ready ASAP. I can't wait.

It really sucks i dont get GAC and the cable i have to provide it at all. I wish i could see it.

TJsgotGBfever
11-20-2007, 05:04 PM
Yes I did, unfortunately it was for the Rascal Flatts with Kelly Pickler. :( Ahhh well it was nice to dream of the possibilities...lol

LOL

I think the radio station needs to redefine their classification of a MAJOR concert announcement. LOL

(not dissing on Rascal Flatts at all. lol The Keith Urban, Carrie Underwood thing I could see being called major... but guess we've all got our own definition! ROFL)