PDA

View Full Version : "If you wait for me, I will promise you I will be Back"

Brett Dale
11-15-2007, 05:57 PM
"If you wait for me, I will promise you I will be Back"

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!

THAT HAS TO BE THE GREATEST GARTH QUOTE IN HISTORY.

vegitoth
11-15-2007, 06:00 PM
In all honesty, we felt gyped than we were on saturday.

gbwnab
11-15-2007, 07:05 PM
In all honesty, we felt gyped than we were on saturday.

Can someone kindly translate this for me??

blueyedangel
11-15-2007, 07:28 PM
I was there for the first show... He said the same thing that night. It was very heartfelt and obvious he truly misses performing. It really was a very touching sentiment.

vegitoth
11-15-2007, 08:04 PM
Can someone kindly translate this for me??

That show in the movie theaters was shorter than our show on Saturday.

jturtels
11-15-2007, 08:07 PM
We'll wait.

Maggie526
11-15-2007, 09:01 PM
All good things are worth waiting for... and Garth is the BEST. I'll be waiting.

Mr. Midnight
11-16-2007, 02:27 AM
You might not have to wait as long as you think...

captngurl
11-16-2007, 02:43 AM
omg! is he gonna tour now instead of waiting til his daughters are older?!?!?!?!?

Shamless_4Garth
11-16-2007, 10:10 AM
I went to the encore performance at my local theater last nite and while I wasn't AT ALL disappointed in the show itself, I was VERY disappointed in the fans that were there (all 20 of em :( ) They didn't get up, clap, sing...nuthin :( BUT I DID!!!! I got some strange looks, but I don't care....I'm proud to be a GarthNutt :)

When he said that line about waitin for him and teared up, I got tears in my eyes....I will wait as long as it takes for him to come back. And when he does, I will be there for every show in my area. PLEEEEEEEZE Garth, come back to the East Coast!!!!! If it's within driving distance for me...I'll be there!!

Emerald Isle
11-16-2007, 12:11 PM
I went to the encore performance at my local theater last nite and while I wasn't AT ALL disappointed in the show itself, I was VERY disappointed in the fans that were there (all 20 of em :( ) They didn't get up, clap, sing...nuthin :( BUT I DID!!!! I got some strange looks, but I don't care....I'm proud to be a GarthNutt :)

Which theater did you go to?

I was at the Fenway theater on Wednesday night. There were about 30 people there.

sky296
11-16-2007, 12:28 PM
omg! is he gonna tour now instead of waiting til his daughters are older?!?!?!?!?

I don't think though, but hey, the girls have summer break, right :D

Lynx331
11-16-2007, 01:06 PM
ya, that was an amazing moment. I'm kinda hoping maybe we showed him during these 9 concerts how much we still like his music. And maybe he will consider trying to still tour somewhat. Or maybe his daughters will see how much their dad means to all of his fans and tell him to go tour some. We can only hope!

Shutrbug72
11-16-2007, 01:07 PM
The Revere, MA theatre was pretty full last night. I mean, 50-60 or so. Very responsive with clapping and laughing and singing along.

I completely teared up when he said this also. That was worth the price of admission alone and then some. I was blessed to be able to go to KC for the weekend and nothing will every replace those moments, however there was something just so so so very cool about seeing this final show in the theatre. It was kinda cool to see the thing from all perspectives. I'm so thankful it was available to us.

It was damn cool to see that man on the BIG screen too - will keep me smiling for quite some time.

The photo montage at the end was pretty dang cool too. Seeing all the nights and all the attire.

When he mouthed "unbelieveable", I'm pretty sure I lost it. :)

The only thing truly missing was Miss Yearwood, but these things happen.

Thank you so much G-Man for coming back to us again for a moment. We will be waiting with the light on, bud.

- lish

Maggie526
11-16-2007, 01:41 PM

When he said that line about waitin for him and teared up, I got tears in my eyes....I will wait as long as it takes for him to come back. And when he does, I will be there for every show in my area. PLEEEEEEEZE Garth, come back to the East Coast!!!!! If it's within driving distance for me...I'll be there!!

I know what you mean. I saw it in Philly on Wed some people sat there like they were at a movie and had to be quiet. Not me and my group we sang, cheered, had a blast!! We got some looks at first but didn't care. Was the next best thing to being at a live concert for us.
YES !!! Garth come back to the East Coast we are all waiting for you.

CountryBee
11-16-2007, 04:52 PM
I, too, burst into tears when Garth said that. It was the most wonderful moment in the whole show. Even in the theater you could see and hear how emotional Garth was. I was thinking that he didn't want the concert, and the series of concerts, to end. I'm sure that he could have sold out even more than the 9 shows. He could have taken the one night off to do the Oklahoma Centenial show and then gone back to Kansas City for even more shows.
Bee

Crazyfan2000
11-16-2007, 05:10 PM
Unfortunately, I didn't become a true and loyal fan until 2002 (the year after he retired). But I have "The Entertainer" metal DVD tin that came out last year and I probably watch it at least once a month.

When his youngest daughter turns 18, I will be 24, so I'll still be young when he comes back.

Hopefully he's in good shape if he comes back then. He'll be 52, and in the last 2 years he looks like he's gone down in shirt and jeans size, so hopfully he can maintain his current shape for the next 7 years or so...

By the way, is Kansas City in the state of Kansas or is it somewhere else?

Robert Wassink
11-16-2007, 05:19 PM
Well people,

I hope he will come back,
and I also hope he comes to Europe again..

I am in Oklahoma City right now, because I am going to his concert tonight,
but I am a lot off miles away from home.

It's not bad going to America once a Year or so,
but it would be much easier for me to watch him in Ireland or somewhere else in europe, becaus America is like 12 hours flying from Holland.

Let's all hope and pray he's going to do a World tour again.

OnAPrayer
11-16-2007, 05:47 PM
Soo excited to hear that! I was happy to be going to the local theater to see the show--but I really wanted to *hear* him say that! I got tears in my eyes right along with him. He is truly missed--I think he got an opportunity to see that first hand. I think maybe he misses us too! Crossing fingers for a quick return...
j in va