PDA

View Full Version : Brooks won't cross the line

Garth_FANtasizer
11-15-2007, 09:53 AM
Garth Brooks was booked to appear on The Tonight Show to promote his first new album in six years, Ultimate Hits, but the program went dark because of the Writers Guild strike. Now, the singer has canceled appearances on The View and The Ellen DeGeneres Show next week in support of the strike.

http://blogs.usatoday.com/entertainment/2007/11/brooks-wont-cro.html

~Ann~

Garthmedic
11-15-2007, 10:08 AM
Good for him!

--spud--<< Card-carrying member of the International Association of Fire Fighters.

GarthsMuse
11-15-2007, 10:14 AM
It sucks for us, because we are in a feeding frenzy, but it's very cool that he's supporting the writers the same way he's always championed the songwriters. He's Garth, how could he not?

He'll do the shows, we'll get our fix. There's no such thing as enough of him, we all admit that, but I'm proud that he's not crossing the lines. I know others who work on the movie and TV lots, and they have to cross the lines, they have work in progress, and they do make sure other people get paid. The stuff they are working on was already written, and not part of the current dispute. I applaud them for getting their job done too.

But I admit that one concert, and one movie theater show, has me jonesin' pretty bad.

Mel

SnakeEyes
11-15-2007, 10:34 AM
Meh, I am in general anti-union, with some exceptions such as vital services (though I despise all of them that get involved in politics). I also feel bad for the lower paid people that out of work because the richer writers are on strike. I want more Garth. :(

alictf
11-15-2007, 10:42 AM
I respect him and all for doing that....but it STINKS for us!!!!!!!! I was really looking forward to getting to see him on all the shows again! Think there is any chance he'll reschedule when it's over? i mean he does have a cd to promote!!!!

that just stinks....give the writers whatever they want so we can have more garth! :) we only have a small window here people! then its back to retirement!!

CountryBee
11-15-2007, 12:48 PM
I applaud Garth for taking a stand, supporting the writers, and not crossing any picket lines just to do a talk show.
Bee

Maggie526
11-15-2007, 01:04 PM
Although this means we won't get to see him :( I admire his decision. Good for you Garth!!

Brett Dale
11-15-2007, 02:48 PM
Garth Brooks was booked to appear on The Tonight Show to promote his first new album in six years, Ultimate Hits, but the program went dark because of the Writers Guild strike. Now, the singer has canceled appearances on The View and The Ellen DeGeneres Show next week in support of the strike.

http://blogs.usatoday.com/entertainment/2007/11/brooks-wont-cro.html

~Ann~

Well done to Garth, for supporting the striking writers.

LilWhiteTankTop
11-15-2007, 06:32 PM
Ah!
I love him more every second.

gbkubfan
11-17-2007, 01:10 PM
The LA Times had a short article on Garth and his not crossing the picket lines. At the end of the story it said Garth wasn't crossing because he is planning on writing soon...Hmmmmm maybe we will finally see the Chris Gaines project get off the ground?

zepplin
11-18-2007, 08:55 PM
I am glad just so I don't have to watch ANY of THE VIEW--I can not stomach any of that show.