PDA

View Full Version : To AronP and others that were disappointed

Teach
11-15-2007, 01:05 AM
in the theater concert. I have seen Garth live five times and I did not expect the theater to be like a live concert. I expected to see Garth and to hear him sing and I did. I saw people get up and dance and people did clap and sing along. Almost everyone got up for FILP and everyone did sing along. I thought it was great. It was the first time I could see Garth's expressions for almost every song. I also got to see a backside Shameless swivel and saw Garth mouth "unbelivable" which I would not have seen at a live concert since most of the time I was too far away. My son has been to two concerts and had floor seats and he even enjoyed getting to see so much of Garth's reactions to the crowd. I also figured they might cut the encore because they did it when his concerts have been televised. This is just my opinion but I think attitude sometimes affects how we view things. My attitude was that I would see Garth and that would be worth it to me.

GBheartandsoul
11-15-2007, 02:36 AM
That's a great attitude. It was great to see Garth up close and see his expressions. His expressions/smile are priceless. To see Garth in concert in person or via the big screen is something to appreciate. I was very happy that I got this opportunity no matter what flaws there may have been.

Seira

palmtreegal
11-15-2007, 06:45 AM
A little bit of Garth is better than no Garth......to be able to see his face up that close and see things I wouldn't get to see at a live show was well worth the $10.

Cat3192
11-15-2007, 08:31 AM
Teach -
I was one of those to jump on the "disappointed" bandwagon but I think the main reason was the crowd I was with. I was disappointed in their reaction, my local radio station's lack of media coverage but I do agree with everything you said.

I loved being able to see Garth, really see his expressions, his gratitude, his awe.

I did tell me daughter going into the theater that it would be different from the live show on Sunday; but I also told her to sit back, enjoy and just soak it in.

Thank you for reminding me of why I was really there.

GBsgirl
11-15-2007, 09:13 AM
Even with having to change from one "room" at the theater to another, I'm still glad I went. We had a blast singing along, woohoo-ing and we did stand up for FILP.

My oldest daughter went with me to see Garth in Tampa in '98 for her first concert. (She was 7 then) And last night my youngest daughter went to her first "concert" to see Garth LOL She's 12 now was only 3 the last time and too young to go.

Shamless_4Garth
11-15-2007, 10:29 AM
I have a question about the theater performance...I've read posts on here that say that it was very short...less than 2 hours :( Does anyone know if this is true?? I'm on the east coast, and am still confused as to what time I should be at the theater tonite....my ticket says 9pm for 3 hours, but I've read on here 8pm....maybe that's a time difference thing? Anyone know? I don't wanna be late :)....

Any help is greatly appreciated!!

Thanks,
Heather

alictf
11-15-2007, 10:48 AM
i don't know what time it starts...but it's not three hours, the theater people told us it was three hours before it started. it was barely a full two hours. that is one reason we were shocked when it ended....if your ticket says nine, i'm sure it's nine.

and i would just like to second what the original poster in this thread said - i was disappointed it ended and we didn't get to see the whole thing - but it was still great, and glad I went. our crowd was ok, some singing along, and clapping, but only about half stood up during the FILP - we were definitely up, garth says up, i'm up! :) and a couple went down and danced while he sang the dance. it was great to see the expressions, and close-ups. Just seeing the teary eyes 'i'll be back' at the end made it worth the drive to see it.

GBTYFan
11-15-2007, 11:21 AM
I have a question about the theater performance...I've read posts on here that say that it was very short...less than 2 hours :( Does anyone know if this is true?? I'm on the east coast, and am still confused as to what time I should be at the theater tonite....my ticket says 9pm for 3 hours, but I've read on here 8pm....maybe that's a time difference thing? Anyone know? I don't wanna be late :)....

Thanks,
Heather

Hey Heather

I live in VA and saw the show last night in theatres. It starts at 9 and you'll be out of there before 11. Even though it's much shorter than originally expected, it's still a great show and I'm sure you'll love it....

Have fun tonight
~Lara

SnakeEyes
11-15-2007, 11:33 AM
As I already posted, I was disappointed with the encore but I enjoyed it as a whole. I had the mindset that I would if he were going to be on TV, only a bigger screen and better sound system. Some got up to dance, some clapped and sang. Much of the crowd got up when FILP started, the other half got up for the third verse.

AronP24
11-15-2007, 11:43 AM
in the theater concert. I have seen Garth live five times and I did not expect the theater to be like a live concert. I expected to see Garth and to hear him sing and I did. I saw people get up and dance and people did clap and sing along. Almost everyone got up for FILP and everyone did sing along. I thought it was great. It was the first time I could see Garth's expressions for almost every song. I also got to see a backside Shameless swivel and saw Garth mouth "unbelivable" which I would not have seen at a live concert since most of the time I was too far away. My son has been to two concerts and had floor seats and he even enjoyed getting to see so much of Garth's reactions to the crowd. I also figured they might cut the encore because they did it when his concerts have been televised. This is just my opinion but I think attitude sometimes affects how we view things. My attitude was that I would see Garth and that would be worth it to me.

sweet,,,I get a thread callin me out by name LOL
to clear it up: Glad I went...but still quite dissapointed we didn't get a full concert for once...this has happened EVERY time...Central Park, Ireland, tigb, tigb2, coast to coast, and on and on and on..only this time we had to pay for it
anyways..I still have some junior mints to finish :)

Teach
11-15-2007, 11:51 AM
You can send me your junior mints, I love them. When this whole thing first was announced, I went through a major pity party for myself. I knew I could not go to KC and I do not have GAC in my area. Then I realized something is always better than nothing. I admit the live show would have been the ultimate and I could have seen the encore. I also decided I was going to be happy that I would be able to see the concert on November 14 even though I would not be there in person. I also realized some of the great benefits of seeing it in a movie theater. I have already mentioned those.

Mary Ann

Maggie526
11-15-2007, 12:53 PM

Thanks,
Heather

Yes Heather it just under 2 hours.The show starts at 9PM.

Maggie526
11-15-2007, 12:57 PM
Myself and the people at the theatre in Philly sang along and cheered loudly felt as though we were at a concert not the movies. Had a BLAST!!!
Garth changed it up some for the theatres. We didn’t get the same show as the people in KC ..so what... It was GARTH LIVE that’s all that mattered.
I wish it had lasted longer was just about 2 hrs but disappointed?
I could NEVER be disappointed at a Garth concert.

YouSoundBitter
11-15-2007, 04:09 PM
The reason he cut the last encore out is because that was the first tickets to go on sale and they waited the longest, so it was a special gift just for them. I just read that in a new article a few minutes ago...

And I'm fine with that, I love it and a our show was SOLD OUT! (though there where several seats left)

Maggie526
11-15-2007, 07:47 PM
I also got to see a backside Shameless swivel.
I'm with you there Teach. Seeing those hips swivel and looking at those muscular thighs of his on the big screen in HD was AWESOME!!!!
Watching Garth perform Shameless was worth the $10.00 admission :)

Maggie526
11-15-2007, 07:52 PM
The reason he cut the last encore out is because that was the first tickets to go on sale and they waited the longest, so it was a special gift just for them. I just read that in a new article a few minutes ago...

And I'm fine with that, I love it and a our show was SOLD OUT! (though there where several seats left)

That makes sense those people should have gotten something extra.Way to go Garth.

#1CHGARTHFAN
11-17-2007, 12:37 AM
I was at the Nov 5th concert (the 1st concert) but I also went to the theater what was disappointing to me was the advertising in our area for the theater show. The 1st night there were only like 50-75 in a 220+ theater then the 2nd night I counted heads and there were only 35. My disappointment was the crowd. I was 1 of 4 that stood up for FILP the first night and I was1 of 5 that stood up the Second night. It was like we were all singing to ourselves. But the second night I went with my dad so we got up and went to the back and danced. The second night I also ran into a girl that was wearing a hoodie that won tickets from our local radio station and she was at the concert the same night as me but one section away from me. I am just disappointed in the advertising. If the radio, paper would of done more the theater would of been more packed. That is my only complaint.