PDA

View Full Version : Love living in Nashville - -

Trishy
11-15-2007, 12:51 AM
Today I stopped at my favorite sushi place for lunch as I do twice a week. I usually go by myself and read my emails on my phone, or bring a magazine. Today I was going to read the liner notes of the new Hits CD...

I was waiting for my table and I see Michael W. Smith eating.... which is cool. Then I sit down at my table and was just about to get settled and read my CD when I notice Tommy Sims sitting at the next table. I couldn't believe it. I felt stupid so I didn't bring out my CD. It was funny after Michael W walked by, he talked with Tommy and his wife and kids. Lots of celebrities eat there, but I've never seen two at the same time....

Only later in the day did I get to read the liner notes and realize that Tommy Simms co-wrote the "leave the light on" song. How Bizarre is that?

So in 4 days I've met one of the song writers for More than a Memory (at the concert in KC) and one of the songwrites for Leave the Light On....

Who am I going to run into next?????

Just thought I'd share :)

T

Dude
11-15-2007, 09:08 AM
and you met one guy from the WSBF video

garthaholic02
11-15-2007, 10:05 AM
Where do you go eat sushi? Sounds like it is in Franklin if Michael W. Smith was there. I love working in Nashville. I work at Bricktops on West End...tim and faith always come in. The day of the CMA's Brad Pasiley and Eddy Mongomery were there. Reba has come in...LeAnn Rimes, Tony Brown and Anastia Brown, Kelly Pickler, Phil Vassar, Andy Griggs, and I think those are about it when I have been working. But no Garth. He has eaten in my old resturant, but not this one. Anyways, always looking for a good place to eat sushi in Nashville. Usually go to Virago's but it's really expensive.

Trishy
11-15-2007, 10:18 AM
Dude, who did I meet from the WSBF video? I haven't watched the new one yet....

The sushi place is called Peter's Sushi in Brentwood. It's in a strip mall with Kroger, it's a very small place. You have to wait every time you go there. I've seen Leann Rhimes there also, and I saw Phil Vassar's wife and daughters. Peter's has really great sushi, cheaper than Virago, you definatley need to go...it's not a fancy place so dress casual...

I haven't been to Brick Tops Yet, we drive by it all the time but have yet to go in, I'm surprose Garth hasn't come in there yet, it's in the heart of nashville. We laugh at the restaurant because my husband's name is Brick .... we definatley plan to stop in....PM your name so I know who to look for.

T

BLL
11-15-2007, 02:39 PM
Since Garth has stated he hates fish I doubt you'll see him in a sushi shop, LOL!

Jen19
11-15-2007, 03:11 PM
Love Peters Sushi its been almost 9 months since I have had sushi, I miss it :( can't wait until this baby comes and I can eat it again :)

LilWhiteTankTop
11-15-2007, 07:26 PM
Michael W. Smith must love sushi! He goes to Miyako (I have no idea if that's how you spell it) in Brentwood a lot.
Apparently Keith Urban goes there a lot too and that's basically allll they play in the restaurant.

I've never been to Peter's...I'll have to stop by.

YouSoundBitter
11-15-2007, 10:02 PM
Mr Smith is in the old version of WSBF, I think he says "the walls are coming down", if I'm right...

Trishy
11-16-2007, 01:05 AM
ahhhh. you're gonna laugh, but I just got back from the Theater show in Green Hillls.....

First I saw Bob Doyle in the theater, then when the show started.... BRUUUUUUUUCE showed up.... isn't that nuts. The theater had about 30 or so people.

When I was leaving some the people there were "waiting" for someone to come out of theater. I don't know of anyone else "important" was there, but I had to leave because my 2 year old was getting fussy.... hha...

This gets better ever day...

Oh, and I do think Michael W. Smith was in the video, I'll have to rewatch. How funny.

(and side note: Peter of Peter's sushi used to be the chef at Miyiako in brentwood but he opened his own place so I think people moved to his location now. I know Keith Urban goes there because his photo is on the walll.....)

Trishy
11-21-2007, 12:46 AM
Ok, on Friday night we went to the Nashville Palm and I saw Kix Brooks walk by. It was funny because this post I started and I said I wonder who I'll see next. It was a famous country singing Brooks, just the wrong one....

I had to laugh about it.....

:)

Trishafan4life2
11-21-2007, 04:13 AM
Hey Trishy ~

I've lived in the Nashville area for 21 years now and I was so excited seeing "all the famous" stars in stores, restaurants, etc....... you can see them dining in restaurants, shopping, bowling, when Garth lived in Goodlettsville we saw him at Tractor Supply, McDonalds, - they live just like the rest of us do and shop like the rest of us do. After being here 21 years, having Trisha live right down the road from me, band members of Mark Wills, Travis Tritt, etc live within walking distance of me...... you get used to seeing them. You can always catch some "star" anywhere on any given day - and yes, I love living in the Nashville area too!