PDA

View Full Version : Kansas City, Ultimate Hits, The Ultimate TEST

Lynx331
11-14-2007, 11:41 PM
hey guys, just got back in from seeing the theater performance. Which is now confirmed by garth himself that he will be back!!! I was talking to my mom and realized that the ultimate hits, and the kansas city concerts was garths test. Similair to Elvis' test that he did. To see if the fan base was still there, and if he would be able to do it all again. Do you think Garth actually planned this as a test? Seems logical..

sky296
11-15-2007, 08:50 AM
I don't think it was planned as a test.

But when he realized how strong the demand is I'm sure he turned it into a test and I think we proved it to him that we are all still waiting for him.

Can't wait to live up to his comment "we'll make everything we've done in the past look small"

:D

alictf
11-15-2007, 10:57 AM
I think a BIG moment for Garth is when the crowds sang EVERY word of More Than a Memory right back at him just like his old stuff...i think that was HUGE. and as sky said, not planned as a test...but i do think he used it as one. and the fact that we love the new stuff just as much - i just think that was big.

i was there the first concert, and he seemed shocked/thrilled that we knew that song like we did, and was able to let us sing 'Just to hear him say it's gonna be alright' without him (and we-the whole crowd-screamed it!!!!)

obviously planned or not, i think we passed his test :)

sky - did he say that last night? about making it look small? i was at the theater show, but don't remember his exact words. wish that last part would show up on youtube, sure would like to see it again....is it going to be on gac?

DonHouston
11-15-2007, 11:05 AM
I was not able to see his concert, but I can say this. Garth is the ONLY artist I would fly around the world to see. I am sure he realizes the magnitude of his work after this past week. All I can say is Garth, any time, any where you want and I will support you. Thanks for the memories and from my family to your, God Bless and Happy Holidays

madnessmike
11-15-2007, 08:57 PM
If this was a test it is a bit early, his youngest daughter has a way to go before she hits college.