PDA

View Full Version : Awesome Story About A Soldier Seeing Garth!

gbfans66
10-31-2007, 02:13 PM
Ok, please know that I am sitting here typing this with tears just rolling down my face right now. Some of you know me from the beginning, but newbies don't have a clue who I am.

I'm a single mother of 2 kids, 1 in college and the other is a senior in high school. My kids have seen Garth with me and we all truly love him! I first met Garth in 1990 before he made it big and joined his fan club and went to several shows and met him several times. I was fortunate enough to win a trip from CMT in 2001 to attend the S. Padre Island show. So fast forward to 2007!!

I didn't think any way possible would I be able to attend the Nov. 14th show so I never paid any attention to getting tickets or when they went on sale or anything. The day after tickets went on sale my modem crashed and I was unable to get on the internet until almost noon and when I checked my email I had an email from pollstar saying he'd added dates. So I checked and checked and checked until I got 2 tickets for Wed. the 7th. So I checked at work and my boss was going to be off that week so crap, can't go. Well I talked to my boss and he was only going to be off IF the volleyball team he coach's made it to National's and he wouldn't know until the 27th! Well he called me Saturday evening to tell me they made it and I couldn't get off work. Sunday when I got home from the weekend getaway with my boyfriend, I listed the tickets on ebay completely not thinking about getting anyone here to trade or posting them here!! That was my stupidity! I kept feeling bad even listing them there because I know it's not what Garth wants. Well today my auction ended and they only went for the cost of the tickets and most of the shipping. I'm going to express mail them so that the winner gets them in time and they are guaranteed so I'm going to eat $5. Now to the amazing part...... The person who won them is in the military and has NEVER seen Garth!!! Every time that Garth came near him, he had to go somewhere so he's never seen him live!!! I'm glad to eat the extra $5 on these because I'm so happy that someone who has NEVER seen him live gets to see him AND because it's one of our brave men who protect us every day!!! If I can't go, this is probably the best and I am still crying about it all!!! I had a brother in the Air Force and he died while home on leave at the age of 21 so I have much respect for our soldiers! Garth knows my story about my brother and the song The Dance because it means so much to me and I wrote him about it back in the beginning so he knows! TRUST ME! Well this is just icing on the cake so to speak because in my opinion it worked the way it was supposed to.

Sorry for the long post, but I just had to share this with you all!!! Maybe there's a chance that I can win the GAC contest or another contest with the local radio station, but even if I don't I know someone else gets to experience the excitement that I have shared with all of you who have seen Garth live!!

gbfans66
10-31-2007, 03:39 PM
I forgot to say that I was going to withdraw the auction to sell them to someone here because a friend in KC didn't need them and after I remembered and thought to come here, I told 1 person that I'd take it off if there weren't any bids on it.

Sugar n' Spice
10-31-2007, 05:50 PM
I know it's only one but I've got an extra ticket for the Saturday show that I've been unable to sell and would be willing to give it to you if you want it. I'd hate for it to go to waste! It's Section 215, Row 12, Seat 25.

gbfans66
11-01-2007, 01:00 PM
I sent you a pm.