PDA

View Full Version : A Cool Moment with The Dance

Bryan11
10-30-2007, 02:39 AM
Maybe there is a thread that I didn't see for stories like this, but I thought it was worth mentioning. The past couple of weeks have been rough for me and this weekend was hectic and pretty stressful. However, by Sunday afternoon things had calmed down a bit and I had a chance to clean up around the house. Whenever I work around the house I like to put one of Garth's concerts (from the box set) on the t.v. and turn up the volume so that I can hear it from wherever I am working. Well, Sunday my two year old daughter was "helping" me clean up and she LOVES to dance to Garth's music. She already knows his voice and every time it comes on the radio she yells out "GARTH!!!" She was dancing around the kitchen as I did dishes and down the hallway while I caught up on some laundry. I had to work Sunday night, so I didn't have time to listen to the full concert. After I finished picking up the house I sat down on the couch and skipped ahead on the DVD (Central Park) to where Garth sings my favorite song: The Dance. I sat there and when the opening notes are played on the piano, Emma (my two year old) heard them and came in and sat on the couch next to me. It felt like it was the first time I'd gotten the chance to sit down and rest in weeks. Emma looked right into my eyes and with her tiny little two-year-old voice sang along word for word with Garth as he sang The Dance. She sings all the time, but it's usually songs like Twinkle Twinkle Little Star. I guess I've played The Dance enough times that somewhere along the way she learned the words. It was beautiful. When she was finished singing and the closing notes (which are wonderfully haunting every time I hear them) were playing on the piano, she smiled and said "I love you Dadda" and gave me a hug. I'm not a real outwardly emotional guy, but there were tears in my eyes. It was one of those moments where God reaches out of Heaven just to tell you how much he cares.
That's my story. I have a hundred like it about other times that Garth's music has touched me, and that's a testament to how powerful it really is. Thanks Garth. For everything.

Monica Lockhart
10-30-2007, 07:46 AM
Wow Bryan.. that gave me garthbumps!! What a beautiful moment you shared with your daughter.

It amazes me how the power of Garth's music touches people in all situations of life.

Thanks for sharing your story with us!

Maggie526
10-30-2007, 12:01 PM
Maybe there is a thread that I didn't see for stories like this, but I thought it was worth mentioning. The past couple of weeks have been rough for me and this weekend was hectic and pretty stressful. However, by Sunday afternoon things had calmed down a bit and I had a chance to clean up around the house. Whenever I work around the house I like to put one of Garth's concerts (from the box set) on the t.v. and turn up the volume so that I can hear it from wherever I am working. Well, Sunday my two year old daughter was "helping" me clean up and she LOVES to dance to Garth's music. She already knows his voice and every time it comes on the radio she yells out "GARTH!!!" She was dancing around the kitchen as I did dishes and down the hallway while I caught up on some laundry. I had to work Sunday night, so I didn't have time to listen to the full concert. After I finished picking up the house I sat down on the couch and skipped ahead on the DVD (Central Park) to where Garth sings my favorite song: The Dance. I sat there and when the opening notes are played on the piano, Emma (my two year old) heard them and came in and sat on the couch next to me. It felt like it was the first time I'd gotten the chance to sit down and rest in weeks. Emma looked right into my eyes and with her tiny little two-year-old voice sang along word for word with Garth as he sang The Dance. She sings all the time, but it's usually songs like Twinkle Twinkle Little Star. I guess I've played The Dance enough times that somewhere along the way she learned the words. It was beautiful. When she was finished singing and the closing notes (which are wonderfully haunting every time I hear them) were playing on the piano, she smiled and said "I love you Dadda" and gave me a hug. I'm not a real outwardly emotional guy, but there were tears in my eyes. It was one of those moments where God reaches out of Heaven just to tell you how much he cares.
That's my story. I have a hundred like it about other times that Garth's music has touched me, and that's a testament to how powerful it really is. Thanks Garth. For everything.

I normally donít like to hear anyone sing the Dance but The Man Himself.
...but
this is a delightful story Bryan. I have tears in my eyes reading this.. so can understand why you had them. Special moments like this are so precious. Have always found it fascinating when people speak of special times in their lives how often God & Garth are mentioned.

karik
10-30-2007, 05:20 PM
Wow Bryan.. that gave me garthbumps!! What a beautiful moment you shared with your daughter.

It amazes me how the power of Garth's music touches people in all situations of life.

Thanks for sharing your story with us!

LOL garthbumps!!

TJsgotGBfever
10-31-2007, 01:32 PM
Thanks so much for sharing! I just love hearing of life's little moments and the way the music plays a part.

Special moments like this are so precious. Have always found it fascinating when people speak of special times in their lives how often God & Garth are mentioned.

so very true and why I am so proud to be crazy for Garth!