PDA

View Full Version : Could Garth be doing one show...

CountryBee
10-11-2007, 01:34 PM
exclusively for Wal-Mart? On the schedule of Garth concerts at the Sprint Arena, there is one date open, Tueday, November 13th. Could Garth be doing a show exclusively for Wal-Mart employees, executives from their Corporate Headquarters? In one interview (or in his talk at the Grand Opening) at the Sprint Arena, Garth said he took care of the "Wal-Mart people" first, then opened up the concert and ticket sales to the public.

riskybzns
10-11-2007, 01:47 PM
now that's a good question, but i doubt that's unlikely as i can't see wal mart giving 18000 plus fans to have the day off to attend the concert. i bet they were allotted X amount of tickets for each night of the show to distribute them. i still stick with my view that the 13th is the open date so they can set up the arena so they can broadcast the live shows in theaters and arenas on the 14th. plus think about this, when he says he has them covered, remember wal mart has closed circuit tv's in their stores so thereforth he can televise the concert to them via satellite.

EveryNow&Then
10-11-2007, 02:58 PM
now that's a good question, but i doubt that's unlikely as i can't see wal mart giving 18000 plus fans to have the day off to attend the concert. i bet they were allotted X amount of tickets for each night of the show to distribute them. i still stick with my view that the 13th is the open date so they can set up the arena so they can broadcast the live shows in theaters and arenas on the 14th. plus think about this, when he says he has them covered, remember wal mart has closed circuit tv's in their stores so thereforth he can televise the concert to them via satellite.

Am I the only one who remembers how superticious Garth is?? He doesn't even like putting a track 13 on his albums... so maybe he just doesn't think it is a god thing to play on the 13th! Its werid, but hey, we love him anyway!

ScareCrowFan
10-11-2007, 03:22 PM
Garth has played on the 13th when he was touring, I don't think thats the problem...It takes a lot of work to set up equipment for a live feed to movie theaters so my guess too is that is why there is no concert...plus he has to reherse for the cameras, do the intro, etc....

randyinkc
10-11-2007, 03:32 PM
WalMart usually holds their annual Managers Meeting in Kansas City on a yearly basis. For some reason I thought that they usually hold that meeting around February, but I dont remember for sure. Maybe the annual Manager's Meeting is going on at the same time, and he did block out the 13th for them.

I did a quick search to see if I could find the date of this year's meeting, but couldnt find anything. But really I'm not that dedicated to finding out if he is taking care of WalMart....

dlr5
10-11-2007, 03:44 PM
Am I the only one who remembers how superticious Garth is?? He doesn't even like putting a track 13 on his albums... so maybe he just doesn't think it is a god thing to play on the 13th! Its werid, but hey, we love him anyway!

NO, I was thinking the same thing!!

AronP24
10-11-2007, 06:34 PM
on the eve before the opening concert on his last world tour in atlanta he had the crew load in at 1159 on the 12th of march so he wouldn't be loading in on the 13th...I'd sure say that he's supersticious (or however the *** you spell that)

LilWhiteTankTop
10-11-2007, 09:30 PM
Yeah, the WalMart convention is in February.
I think it's a bummer that he ended up having to add more than 7 shows.

DonHouston
10-11-2007, 09:38 PM
Why is that a bummer? Or am I misunderstanding for a second time today

adamthegarthfan
10-11-2007, 10:15 PM

sevens has a track 13

karik
10-13-2007, 12:15 PM

that's what I have thought.

kissncry
10-14-2007, 03:02 AM
The Chris Gaines CD also has 13 tracks on it too. Even though Garth doesn't sing lead on that one.

Sherry

P.S. Did anyone else notice that his beginning and ending concert dates at KC add up to 7? 11/5=7 and 11/14=7. Probably need more sleep and less time to notice crazy stuff like this, huh? :D

Cara
10-14-2007, 10:33 AM
Isn't the 13th the day Trisha's new album comes out? if so, Maybe he will be somewhere with her promoting it!

kcgbfan
10-14-2007, 11:39 AM
I thought they said that he was receiving some type of award on the 13th & thus couldnt perform the concert..