PDA

View Full Version : {{{{{MERGED}}}}}What theaters will carry the concert?/Participating Theaters

perrin7433
10-11-2007, 11:13 AM
Does anybody have any information about what chains (Regal, Carmike, etc.) that will carry this? I live in Knoxville, and Regal has some great theaters here (it's based here) so I believe they will, but I can't find any solid info yet.

Cat3192
10-11-2007, 11:38 AM
I know the article in KC said it was AMC there so I'm looking for the info also. Will let you know if I find out. I guess it will depend on the theaters in your area.
Cat

riskybzns
10-11-2007, 01:02 PM
just keep checking back with garthbrooks.com daily as they will post the info that your looking for. :-)

themusicman118
10-11-2007, 02:01 PM
I was just on Fandango, and had the option to purchase advance tickets for it at the Regal in Abingdon, MD for $10.

Garthmedic
10-11-2007, 03:12 PM
I have just looked over Fandango, and didn't see a thing. Could you please provide a link?

GarthDreamer77
10-11-2007, 03:53 PM
Hey Everyone,

I found this while surfing around. :)

http://www.fandango.com/garthbrooksencore_111502/movietimes?date=11/15/2007

From what I can see you can't order tickets yet, but if you put your zip code in it will let you sign up for a FanAlert to let you know when they do go on sell.

It says it will be in Theaters on Nov. 15 and it will last 3 hours.

Take Care & God Bless,
~*Kristen*~

Cat3192
10-11-2007, 05:01 PM
That doesn't make sense that it opens on the 15th, because Garth said himself that it would be live, uncut, etc.

Cat

G&TTreknTech77
10-11-2007, 05:07 PM
That can't be right, there is no concert the 15th is there?

If it's Thursday the 15th I can't go because I'll be in class.

Ryan

jnull91
10-11-2007, 05:49 PM
That doesn't make sense that it opens on the 15th, because Garth said himself that it would be live, uncut, etc.

Cat

"Live" can mean that it's filmed continuously as it happens, with no stopping or editing. Doesn't bother me a bit if it shows on the 15th! It's going to be fun!

themusicman118
10-11-2007, 06:01 PM
No, if you look, that is for the 'encore' show. The one at the link below is to the one on the 14th.

J. Rusin

http://www.fandango.com/garthbrooksliveconcert_111501/movietimes?date=11/14/2007

DonHouston
10-11-2007, 06:01 PM
There is an encore for the 15 The live show is the 14

GarthDreamer77
10-11-2007, 06:15 PM
Oh Wow! I didn't see that one. Well that is cool that they are going to make it available more than just once. :)

Steven75407
10-12-2007, 09:49 AM
Why can't they replay the thing all week after the original showing? Also, what time will it show in the Central Time Zone.

themusicman118
10-12-2007, 09:50 AM
Probably at 8:00

Patrick68
10-12-2007, 12:15 PM
What about CANADA??? I called my AMC and they knew nothing about it.

DonHouston
10-12-2007, 01:38 PM
They will be in select theaters across the world and I am not sure if any of them have been selected yet. I went to fandago yesterday and I could not find him even playing in KC yet so you may have to wait a few days

themusicman118
10-12-2007, 02:01 PM
The closest theater to my house that is a member of that theater group has apparently already been chosen, as both of the shows are already sold out.

G&TTreknTech77
10-12-2007, 02:02 PM
How are you getting this info?

Did you call them or go to the website?

Ryan

themusicman118
10-12-2007, 02:09 PM
fandango.com

G&TTreknTech77
10-12-2007, 02:43 PM
No showtimes currently there for my area. Hopefully some will be added or he releases it on DVD later.

Ryan

CountryBee
10-12-2007, 02:51 PM
Thanks for the links. Hopefully, I will see the e-mail alert in time to purchase tickets. I'm not sure if I will just go to a nearby city or go all the way down to my brother's. If I go down to my brother's in Northridge CA, I might get to see it in a newer, digital format theater. Too bad they aren't doing the show at the IMax theaters around the country.

TJsgotGBfever
10-12-2007, 02:53 PM
Yeah, they're popping up now.

9:00 start time

I started typing in the more major cities I could think of somewhat around me... found so far 3 hours away and 5 hours away. LOL
one is selling tics already, one is not.

in case anyone is in these areas... they're Columbus, oh (not selling yet) and Scranton, PA (are on sale)... this is all through fandango... can't find it on any other movie ticket website that i've tried.

so guess it's just a matter of keep checking as the days go on.

TJsgotGBfever
10-12-2007, 03:11 PM
found one for los angeles selling.. 6:00 start time... so Live means LIVE. LOL

that one also shows sold out. can fandango only sell so many tickets?? I have no idea how that works.. like maybe getting through the theater directly is still an option themusicman118??

the thing that's odd is the encore also shows 6:00.. I would think if it's not live at that point they would make it a little later in the evening?

CountryBee
10-12-2007, 03:38 PM
TJ, how and where did you get the showtime info for Los Angeles CA? When I go to Fandango.com or MovieTickets.com all I get is the message that showtimes are not set for November 14th. I have been looking for theaters close to me (my zip code) or close to my brother (his zip code), but no ticket sales info comes up.

TJsgotGBfever
10-12-2007, 03:47 PM
I was curious on the start times, so I just searched los angeles, ca... no zips.

it came up..

Edwards Renaissance Stadium 14
1 East Main St, Alhambra, CA 91801

HTH!

G&TTreknTech77
10-12-2007, 04:20 PM
http://www.fathomevents.com/news/default.aspx?newsid=73 More Info will be there.

Ryan

DonHouston
10-12-2007, 05:03 PM
I can not find anything for even St. Louis. That sucks

jnull91
10-13-2007, 08:47 AM
I can not find anything for even St. Louis. That sucks

Yeah, I'm freakin' out. I'm going to be so mad if this happens so fast that I miss out. No showtimes in Saint Charles county yet... I think I'll call the theaters.

TYfan4ever
10-16-2007, 10:28 AM
Ditto for me! I think I will call the theaters as well a couple of djs from the local stations to see if they know anything about it playing in my area of Louisiana. I sure hope so!

G&TTreknTech77
10-16-2007, 01:28 PM
http://fathomevents.com/details.aspx?eventid=686

No theaters close to me, hopefully more will be added. I'm kinda sad right now.

Ryan

TJsgotGBfever
10-16-2007, 02:02 PM
Thanks so much for the update Ryan!!
I hope they add more for you!

I have on 20 min away and an hour away. Will have to debate which one if I'm able to get tics.. the one 20 min away is an old theater.... we never go there... hasn't been converted to stadium seating yet either. ERG! but since it's a weeknight think we'll have to go with it..... and I am certainly not going to complain when we're lucky to have one near us at all!

Teach
10-16-2007, 02:30 PM
I cannot believe that the New Orleans area was totally ignored and there are only four theaters in Louisiana. Two in the northern part of the state and two in the southern part of the state. The closest one to me is an hour and a half away and that also means if I can even get tickets. VERY disappointing!!!!

G&TTreknTech77
10-16-2007, 02:36 PM
Here is some Big Machine contact info for those who either want to encourage more screens to be added or request that this be made avalible online or on DVD

For Big Machine: Neal Bird
818-519-3993
nealbird@sbcglobal.net

also:
http://www.fathomevents.com/contact/default.aspx
webmaster@garthbrooks.com
artistinfo@bigmachinerecords.com

Ryan

sandis
10-16-2007, 02:41 PM
The link to the press release that the theater info came from is:

http://biz.yahoo.com/bw/071016/20071016005936.html?.v=1

TYfan4ever
10-16-2007, 02:54 PM
I agree Teach. The closest one to me is Lake Charles. I need to talk to the hubby and a couple of friends to see if they want to drive an hour and a half away to see the show - if we can get tickets before it is sold out. Wish me luck!

EveryNow&Then
10-16-2007, 03:38 PM
Looks like there are going to have it about 20-25 miles away from me, so I can probably make it. Assuming my school load isn't too rough right before thanksgiving.

Sorry you guys aren't having very much luck finding theaters near you, it is a shame they don't have it wider spread. I honestly thought the closest it would be to me is about 125 miles away.

Tons in Cali even though I wouldn't think the GArth scene would be quite as big there...

Yukon Jack
10-16-2007, 04:16 PM
click on this link to see the complete list of participating theatres

http://www.fathomevents.com/news/default.aspx?newsid=75

YouSoundBitter
10-16-2007, 04:27 PM
VERY COOL! The threater I wanted to see it at is showing it! I love your info YJ.

starwood
10-16-2007, 04:31 PM
Sure wish there were some participating Canadian theaters showing the concert. The closest one to me is an almost 4-hour drive away and its totally do-able if the show was on a weekend. But I've got a full time job and can't get away during the week to take a jaunt across the border.

Guess I'll just have to keep my fingers crossed and hope that either some Canadian theaters are able to jump on board, or that the show is released on DVD in time for Christmas.

Karen

CountryBee
10-16-2007, 05:18 PM
Even though I live in CA, there isn't a theater within 100 miles of me that will be brodcasting the concert or the encore. I will have to go down to my brother's place in Northridge (San Fernando - Simi valley). Hopefully a theater close to him will not sell out before I get tickets. I'll be on line this Friday at Noon, our CA time. Its rather unusual that they are putting tickets on sale at noon, local times, not putting them on sale all at once. I just hope the fans, and especially ticket brokers, from out of State, or out of the area, don't buy up tickets to re-sell them.

Yukon Jack
10-16-2007, 05:55 PM
If I were you, I would call the theater you plan on attending, and ask if you can by tickets online.

My closest theater is 2 hours away, so I called and told them I didnt want to drive 2 hours just to get tickets, but, if I had to I would. They told me to go to their website at 12:00 PM on Friday and buy the tickets there.

Each theater is different so call ahead and find out the details and options before hand, it might save you a trip!

BLL
10-16-2007, 07:07 PM
I can't believe there's only 2 in Columbus. Hopefully I can get tickets for Georgesville Sq as its closer.

Dudleynascar
10-16-2007, 07:32 PM
I tried to call the local theater that is gonna be showing it and they know nothing about it at this point. Are the theaters supposed to have the information or is it purely through the websites? I don't want anybody to be suprised on Friday when trying to get tickets and then run into a bunch of roadblocks.

Travis

GBsgirl
10-16-2007, 07:43 PM
GOt my tickets today :D Only one theater in San Antonio, but me, my friend and my youngest daughter will be there.

In case anyone's wondering the tickets were $10 plus a $1 fee ordering them online from Fandango.

kstickwood
10-16-2007, 07:53 PM
ya i'm super bummed as well that there are no canadian theatres...does he not realize how many fans he has here?? i'm making the trek to kansas city for the show on the 6th..but it would have been sweet to come back and see it in theatres as well!

ScareCrowFan
10-16-2007, 08:04 PM
Yipppeeeee....the theater just 1.5 miles from my house is showing it!!!

KUGuitarMonkey
10-16-2007, 08:08 PM
Man, I'm really bummed! Nothing even remotely near Easton/Allentown/Bethlehem, PA. Closest is Philly and as much as I love Garth, I can't be driving there when I have to get up at 5:45am for work the next morning!

BLL
10-16-2007, 08:20 PM
I got mine for the theatre about 15 minutes away. I could have gotten ones for the IMAX, but I hate how congested the area around it is, and its a 40 minute drive.

Paula
10-16-2007, 08:38 PM
I thought they weren't going on sale until Friday. Guess I need to check out the theater in my area. I assume you got them directly from the theater's website.

Paula

themusicman118
10-16-2007, 08:44 PM
Looks like I have to drive 1 hr. just to see it, but will try to talk my folks into it.

ScareCrowFan
10-16-2007, 08:47 PM
The website shows the theater right by my house is on the list, but when I went to buy the tickets on Fandango, it gave me only 1 choice, a theater about 20 mins. away, downtown...booo hooo...maybe I will just have to wait until Friday and see if I can buy tickets to the closer theater....but either way, I still have 4!

Steven75407
10-16-2007, 08:50 PM
why can't we buy tickets at the theater like we would any other film?

EveryNow&Then
10-16-2007, 09:15 PM
why can't we buy tickets at the theater like we would any other film?
Probably b/c it will be sold out in a day or two after going on sale.

Skywise
10-16-2007, 10:29 PM
Time to dust off my hat, get it steamed/shaped, and lose a few pounds in a few days so I can wear a good shirt too!

I'm a going to the Garth Brooks Concert!! (even if it is by 'satellite' at a movie theater....)

ok, its not all the way to KC, but I'M GOING!!! To the live concert showing at the movie theaters... And I get to take my wife too! (who, affectionately, called me a 'dork'!)

here's confirmation of my trip to be!!!

ticket (http://homepage.mac.com/fostersdf/addons/gb.png)

so I'll be at the Garth concert!!!! (even if it is by association and sattelite. :D)

YAHOO!

G&TTreknTech77
10-16-2007, 11:17 PM
I'm crazy I may be spending 300 to fly to Tuscon AZ to see my brother who got me into Garth and then flying back here for thanksgiving lol...

Ryan

Skywise
10-16-2007, 11:23 PM
ooof!

lemme know if you're coming through Denver at all- if so, I may be able to come to the airport and say hey!

G&TTreknTech77
10-16-2007, 11:37 PM
should say see it as in the concert... lol

Ryan

garthtacular
10-16-2007, 11:37 PM
So from what I am understanding, their is going to be two showings of Garth in concert: One is an live encore presentation on the 15th of November and the other one is just live on the 14th of November? So what is the difference then?

Lita
10-16-2007, 11:44 PM
Thanks for the links listing the available theatres.

Paula
10-16-2007, 11:45 PM
So from what I am understanding, their is going to be two showings of Garth in concert: One is an live encore presentation on the 15th of November and the other one is just live on the 14th of November? So what is the difference then?
The show on the 14th will be aired live to the theaters as he is performing in KC. The show on the 15th will be a taped version of the show from the 14th, which means there should be no problem in releasing it commercially.:)

Paula

Skywise
10-17-2007, 01:52 AM
yeppers! which means ,perhaps another Garth DVD in the offering soon? :D

SweetGBFan
10-17-2007, 04:32 AM
Well 2 theatres in Pittsburgh. Dang how come Johnstown, Pa isnt on there. I cant drive and hour on a work night. Boy I still wish he would put it up on a Webcast on GB.com and that way anyone could watch from their computer.

palmtreegal
10-17-2007, 07:42 AM
I'm going!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ok, so it's just to the theater down the street but I was able to purchase tickets through fandango just now! WOO HOO!!!!!!!!!!! Time to polish the poo kickers! :)

TYfan4ever
10-17-2007, 03:03 PM
Just wondering. I have tried to purchase tickets through Fandango and Cinemark for the Lake Charles show, however, it tells me nothing is listed for those dates yet. I wonder if I should call the theater or just try tomorrow at noon for tickets. The closest theater showing it is an 1 1/2 hours away, which is bad for a work night, but so worth it to see Garth and Trisha in this once in a lifetime opportunity. I think I will use a vacation day the next day to rest. Hehe. If anyone else from here is from around the Lake Charles, LA area, please let me know what you find out about tickets on sale at the Cinemark Theater at the mall. Thanks

dhines1671
10-17-2007, 05:45 PM
Ditto for me! I think I will call the theaters as well a couple of djs from the local stations to see if they know anything about it playing in my area of Louisiana. I sure hope so!

it's playing in Lake Charles...i'm going see it in Baton Rouge

dhines1671
10-17-2007, 05:48 PM
I cannot believe that the New Orleans area was totally ignored and there are only four theaters in Louisiana. Two in the northern part of the state and two in the southern part of the state. The closest one to me is an hour and a half away and that also means if I can even get tickets. VERY disappointing!!!!

go through fandango...the Baton Rouge show is already on sell

dhines1671
10-17-2007, 05:57 PM
Time to dust off my hat, get it steamed/shaped, and lose a few pounds in a few days so I can wear a good shirt too!

I'm a going to the Garth Brooks Concert!! (even if it is by 'satellite' at a movie theater....)

ok, its not all the way to KC, but I'M GOING!!! To the live concert showing at the movie theaters... And I get to take my wife too! (who, affectionately, called me a 'dork'!)

here's confirmation of my trip to be!!!

ticket (http://homepage.mac.com/fostersdf/addons/gb.png)

so I'll be at the Garth concert!!!! (even if it is by association and sattelite. :D)

YAHOO!

I see you're going in Lakewood. I lived all over growing up and that's the only place i miss. If I ever get out of this Louisiana heat. it was 85 today. that's 1 place I'd like to visit again.

and yes this post is on topic. I got 4 tix for Baton Rouge today...taking the in-laws lol

gbchance
10-17-2007, 06:30 PM
I am so upset right now went on the GB website & found a list of theaters showing the concert NONE in OMAHA I can't believe it, I know we are close but we were unable to get tickets by internet & after 3 hours on the phone I NEVER got through, now what do I do? I know Garth wouldn't want me to by from scalpers would he? Did I miss read something can anyone help me?

CountryBee
10-17-2007, 07:59 PM
On "Fathom", the official web site, it says "tickets coming soon", but some people here at PG have already purchased tickets for a participating theater. None of the theaters within 100 miles of me are listed on the "Fathom" web site, but a radio station in my area is giving out news on the concert broadcast. They don't say which theater will be showing the concert, only that tickets will be available soon. The radio station may be organizing a bus trip to a theater to the north, or the south, of us. They have done bus trips to concerts before, going to either Los Angeles, San Jose or Fresno, depending on the artist. I'm going to have to check the ticket web sites and see what is happening with tickets in California.

Skywise
10-17-2007, 10:06 PM
I see you're going in Lakewood. I lived all over growing up and that's the only place i miss. If I ever get out of this Louisiana heat. it was 85 today. that's 1 place I'd like to visit again.

and yes this post is on topic. I got 4 tix for Baton Rouge today...taking the in-laws lol

I love colorado- been there (here) for 30+ years- in Aurora (southeast) (outside denver)..

keeping on topic- they had a closer theater to me, but it wasn't showing the concert even though it's listed- that, and the theater in lakewood has a giant screen... that makes it possible to see Garth on the BIG big screen...

dhines1671
10-17-2007, 11:30 PM
I love colorado- been there (here) for 30+ years- in Aurora (southeast) (outside denver)..

keeping on topic- they had a closer theater to me, but it wasn't showing the concert even though it's listed- that, and the theater in lakewood has a giant screen... that makes it possible to see Garth on the BIG big screen...

I saw two Lakewood theaters listed. Thought that was kinda strange. I didn't figure it had gotten THAT big. I was glad to be able to go right here in Baton Rouge. Kinda thought they might have 1 in New Orleans

Skywise
10-18-2007, 01:04 AM
lakewood's a big area- kinda in the top 5 of metro area cities...

I believe...

dhines1671
10-18-2007, 02:42 AM
lakewood's a big area- kinda in the top 5 of metro area cities...

I believe...

It's strange to see some of the areas that got multi theaters. I lived in Lakewood so I realized it was big, didn't realize it had grown big enough to get two out of about 300...I lived in metro atlanta a couple years ago and I was in 1 of fastest growing counties in the country, and the nearest theater with Garth is about 40 miles away.

I wonder how they picked and I wonder if most tickets will already be gone by 12 noon friday. I wonder if they will keep adding encore shows or push a quick dvd release.

Anyone going to the Baton Rouge theater say Hey if you see me...i'm easy to spot lol....27 and I have to use a can to get around. I have tattoos and a lip ring. I am guessing i'll stick out a little in a Garth crowd, but I have loved Garth's music from the 1st time I remember hearing the dance on country radio.

TYfan4ever
10-18-2007, 12:45 PM
I wonder if the Lake Charles tickets are on sale now like the Baton Rouge ones are. They are about the same distance from me in opposite directions. Off to try to get tickets!

TYfan4ever
10-18-2007, 12:59 PM
Well this stinks. Fandango doesn't even have the 14th listed for the Lake Charles theater and when I tried the Cinemark website, it said no listings available for that date. Should I call and talk to someone at the theater or wait until tomorrow to try for tickets? I just don't want to miss out.

slayer1
10-18-2007, 02:59 PM
we called the theater closest to us yesterday and they said they hadn't heard of it?????

Mr_Sevens
10-18-2007, 03:33 PM
we called the theater closest to us yesterday and they said they hadn't heard of it?????

are they on the list of participating theatres?
if they aren't then they probably haven't heard of it

Skywise
10-18-2007, 03:37 PM
hmm. I know when I checked again w/ the theater I am going to, they had pulled it from fandango (luckily I got my tickets beforehand!) and won't sell them again until the 19th.. the manager said he'd only sold 4 tickets as of last night- I was telling the clerk it might sell out- she didnt' seem to think so.. (heheh)

slayer1
10-18-2007, 03:43 PM
mr sevens: yeah they were on the list which is why it surprised us. they said something about special equipment yada yada and just because they were on the list didn't mean they were gonna have it. there are 2 other theaters in town supposedly showing it but i haven't called them yet.

Mr_Sevens
10-18-2007, 03:46 PM
mr sevens: yeah they were on the list which is why it surprised us. they said something about special equipment yada yada and just because they were on the list didn't mean they were gonna have it. there are 2 other theaters in town supposedly showing it but i haven't called them yet.

hmmm, that is strange then. you'd think if they were put on the list then they would have known about it

TYfan4ever
10-18-2007, 05:34 PM
Just called the theater in Lake Charles. The lady told me it WILL be shown there and tickets for it will be up on the cinemark site and fandango tomorrow. I will be on first thing to get tickets. Wish me luck!

DonHouston
10-18-2007, 05:56 PM
Oh I do so hope this is released to the public

gbaby77
10-18-2007, 09:04 PM
just tried to get on the fathumevents website using the link from gb.com and the link is not working. I wonder what that is about. I am praying that I get tickets. Best of luck to everyone who wants tickets!

TJsgotGBfever
10-18-2007, 10:30 PM
If you're going to a Cinemark check their website tonight.... I am able to buy tickets now right through their site....

find your theater and scroll down on the drop menu to Nov 14 or 15. may only work for some theaters... one cinemark near me is selling now and the other isn't.

Paula
10-18-2007, 10:31 PM
just tried to get on the fathumevents website using the link from gb.com and the link is not working. I wonder what that is about. I am praying that I get tickets. Best of luck to everyone who wants tickets!The link wasn't working for me either, but it is now. They've added the dates to the dropdown and it will bring you to the page where the theaters near the zip code selected are listed. There's a "Coming Soon" in the column for tickets that I'm assuming will turn into a Buy Tickets link at noon tomorrow.

Paula

dlsr
10-18-2007, 11:45 PM
Does anyone know if you can just go into the theater at noon and buy the tickets? I can see why people in heavy populated areas would need to buy online, but what about in small towns? I'm in Fargo, and live maybe 4 blocks from the theater. I'm worried that trying to buy online will be a problem, when the whole nation will be trying to buy online. So I called the radio station this morning to ask if i could just go to the theater. She told me they were still trying to get that info from the theaters. Then this afternoon i emailed the afternoon dj, and he emailed me back that he didn't know either. So i'm still undecided as to whether i should stay at the computer and keep trying tomorrow, or just go into the theater. (I don't think the theater is even open at noon...but with this going on...who knows!)

Does anyone else plan on just going into the theater? or has anyone heard of any of the theaters expecting lines of people hoping to buy tickets?

Mr_Sevens
10-19-2007, 12:43 AM
fathom events has a really cool trailer for the garth show on their main site now:

http://fathomevents.com/

gbaby77
10-19-2007, 01:11 AM
YEA!!! I just got my tickets through AMC theaters website!! I cannot wait to see the show!! I was sad when I did get to go to KC but this makes up for it. Thanks Garth for always thinking of your fans!

Lita
10-19-2007, 01:24 AM
Tried the AMC website but it said theatres not available. Will try later on in the morning.

Mr_Sevens
10-19-2007, 03:10 AM
gb.com has now changed to show a big graphic about the concert with a link to buy tickets.

there's also a lot less pink on the website now, lol.

and the G-Player has been updated to show the MTAM will be released at 10AM EST

G&TTreknTech77
10-19-2007, 04:16 AM
I have been asked to post this e-card and encourage everyone to share it.

http://info.aeglive.com/ecard/garth/aeg.html

Ryan

EveryNow&Then
10-19-2007, 09:31 AM
Right now I'm not sure what to do... there is a theater about 120 miles from me selling tickets now. Then there is the theater 25 miles from me that shows no sign of selling tickets. I can wait and see and risk not getting tix at all or can just buy them at the furthest one. What to do what to do...

CountryBee
11-04-2007, 03:13 PM
were chosen to broadcast Garth's concert from K. C.? I'm pretty sure NCM FATHOM EVENTS has more theaters than the 300 that were chosen across the country. If you look at the entire list of theaters, you will see a rather uneven (maybe even random) selection of theaters. Some cities, areas, have more than one theater showing the concert, while other (even major) cities have none. I was very surprised that out here in CA, there aren't any theaters, in the two counties closest to me, which are broacasting the concert. Showing the concert only in Fresno, Bakersfield, San Jose and Ventura, CA leaves a huge area where Garth fans will have travel up to 60 miles (or more) to see the concert. Is anyone else traveling a good distance just to see the concert in a theater?
Bee

Paula
11-04-2007, 03:51 PM
were chosen to broadcast Garth's concert from K. C.? I'm pretty sure NCM FATHOM EVENTS has more theaters than the 300 that were chosen across the country. If you look at the entire list of theaters, you will see a rather uneven (maybe even random) selection of theaters. Some cities, areas, have more than one theater showing the concert, while other (even major) cities have none. I was very surprised that out here in CA, there aren't any theaters, in the two counties closest to me, which are broacasting the concert. Showing the concert only in Fresno, Bakersfield, San Jose and Ventura, CA leaves a huge area where Garth fans will have travel up to 60 miles (or more) to see the concert. Is anyone else traveling a good distance just to see the concert in a theater?
BeeI read or heard somewhere (can't remember where) that it couldn't be shown in theaters that didn't have the technology to carry a simulcast event such as this.

Paula

Mr_Sevens
11-04-2007, 07:46 PM
I read or heard somewhere (can't remember where) that it couldn't be shown in theaters that didn't have the technology to carry a simulcast event such as this.

Paula

That's true, not all theatres are equipped to do something quite like this. It's more complicated than it would seem. Usually its just larger theatres that are capable of doing large broadcasts like this.

Its the same concept in that not all theatres are able to show movies in 3D. They just don't have the equipment.

karik
11-04-2007, 09:22 PM
My nearest theater is 35 miles away! I can't go that far at night on a Wednesday! Why couldn't the 10th be Live? Oh Well, I will be going Tuesday(2 DAYS!!!!) Still, the 14th is differnet then the 6th! No one gets that. I said I wanted to go to this one, and my friend said "But you're going Tuesday to the show RIGHT THERE, in KC! Why go to the same thing again?" I told them its DIFFERENT!! Each night is different! All my friends tell me I'm obbsessed with Garth. Whatever.(LOL)

Shamless_4Garth
11-09-2007, 02:53 PM
I got my tix for the 15th!!!!! Can't wait!!! The theater is only 20 mins from my house and I wanted to go to the live showing, but I work too early the morning on Thursday to be up that late on Wed nite :( But I have Fridays off, so I'm gonna be there in full force Thursday nite!!!!! :)