PDA

View Full Version : Will Rogers Gala to present superstar Garth Brooks with Spirit Award

racmac
09-16-2007, 06:30 AM
I found this while surfind around checking out the latest GB News.....its from Tulsa News

Good Ride Cowboy

Garth Brooks, who has received just about every honor the recording industry can present to an artist, is about to get one more.

Brooks will share the spotlight with the memory of Will Rogers when he receives the Spirit Award during the Will Rogers Gala, "Good Ride, Cowboy," set on what would be Rogers' 128th birthday Nov. 4 at the Crowne Plaza Hotel.

In recent years, the Rotary Club of Will Rogers in Tulsa and the Will Rogers Museum and Memorial in Rogers' hometown of Claremore have joined forces for the big event, which raises money for the Garth Brooks Teammates for Kids Foundation and the Rotary Club of Will Rogers Scholarship Program.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/lifestyle/article.aspx?articleID=070915_4_D3_hWill10336

Rachael

LostSessions
09-16-2007, 01:46 PM
I wonder can the general public get tickets to this? I looked on the website and wrote down some information. I will call tomorrow (Monday) and see if there are any individual tickets to be purchased. Wish me luck, because if we common folks can attend, I'll be there!

It said individual tickets are $125 by the way...

Thank-you so much for posting this!!!

Brett Dale
09-16-2007, 06:00 PM
Well done Garth.

Make sure, you leave a comment!

BLL
09-16-2007, 09:32 PM
I know he does all the charity without seeking notice of the event; I love it when others sit up and applaud the efforts as it give the charity even more weight to change lives.

Paula
09-16-2007, 10:12 PM
I would love to go to this. Sounds like it will be a very special event. Oh, to have the money to sponsor a table.

Paula

vegitoth
09-16-2007, 10:28 PM
Hope he has a good time.

OHMichelle
09-16-2007, 10:53 PM
According to the Will Rogers Gala website, the $6,000.00 table for 10 still gets you into the VIP reception. That's a "measly" $600.00 for each person at the table.

Is there interest out there in 10 of us going in on a table together?

Michelle

Garthmedic
09-17-2007, 01:07 PM
YES there is :)

HOWEVER... I have not seen anything to indicate he is going to perform.

--spud--:)

themusicman118
09-17-2007, 01:50 PM
I'd love to go, but I don't have the $600, not to mention the cost of airfare, plus I'm only 17, and my folks probably wouldn't let me go. :(

OHMichelle
09-17-2007, 02:12 PM
YES there is :)

HOWEVER... I have not seen anything to indicate he is going to perform.

--spud--:)

Spud,
I'd love to go to show support for such cool recognition. While I love to see GB perform, sometimes just seeing him being recognized and happy is MUCH more fulfilling that experiencing a performance.

So come on, who's in?

Michelle

Garthmedic
09-17-2007, 02:29 PM
Well.......

Unless I heard that he was going to perform (at least a few songs), then I will likely take a pass. I'd gladly shell out 600 bucks for an intimate setting performance (and at least another 600 for airfare + hotel), but just to hear him speak is not really my cup of tea.

Too bad. :(

Skywise
09-17-2007, 04:54 PM
I wish I had the $ to be able to even consider it...

LostSessions
09-17-2007, 07:37 PM
I'm going to it!!! I bought my tickets today! Individual tickets are $125 each. Seating at the event is for 750 people.

I don't care that Garth isn't going to sing; he will be there, and this will be my first chance to see the man whom I have admired since 1992. This is a once in a lifetime event for me. Although I'm going to the Oklahoma Centennial event on Nov. 16th as well, but my seats won't be as good at that event. :)

GBTYBMonkey
10-03-2007, 05:57 PM
From Oklahoma's favorite son to an Oklahoma legend
The Rotary Club of Will Rogers' 2007 Gala honoring Garth Brooks with the Will Rogers Spirit Award.

This once in a lifetime event will take place on Will Rogers' birthday - Sunday November 4th - at 5:00 p.m. at the Crowne Plaza Hotel downtown.

It will feature a live performance by Garth Brooks' friend and former band member, Ty England.

dsdunnam
10-09-2007, 03:10 PM
I called today and they told me that Garth will not perform but Ty will.

GarthDreamer77
11-03-2007, 02:36 PM
Hey Everyone,

Just Giving This A Bump because it's tomorrow (Nov. 4th). :)

Also, I wanted to say Congratulations to Garth for winning this because he deserves it. :)

I hope someone can share some info and pics with us about the event.

Take Care & God Bless,
~*Kristen*~

GarthDreamer77
11-04-2007, 06:31 PM
Just Bumping It Up Again! :) It started @ 5pm.

Take Care & God Bless,
~*Kristen*~

GBronx
11-04-2007, 06:57 PM
waiting on reports!!! :)

Mr_Sevens
11-04-2007, 10:57 PM
http://kotv.com/news/topstory/?id=139154

GarthDreamer77
11-04-2007, 11:17 PM
Thanks Mr. Sevens, these Are AWESOME! :) He Looks Great! :D

Take Care & God Bless,
~*Kristen*~

GarthDreamer77
11-04-2007, 11:35 PM
Be sure to watch the video of Garth receiving his Award. :)

GarthDreamer77
11-04-2007, 11:48 PM
"Bear, You Can Be Anything you Want! Love Mom." Awe that is so sweet! :)

And the Batman Lunch Box :O

YaGottaLoveGarth
11-05-2007, 12:20 AM
That was sooo cute. I can just picture him with his Batman lunch box.
hee hee.

YaGottaLoveGarth

GarthDreamer77
11-05-2007, 03:28 AM
Here's a News article:

Oklahoma's new favorite son
http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?articleID=071105_1_A1_HANCE47621

:D

TJsgotGBfever
11-05-2007, 05:50 AM
Thanks a bunch for the links!! so glad they had the video of him accepting...loved it.

kissncry
11-05-2007, 09:32 AM
Because the audio is not very good on the clip, I missed the last couple of lines in Garth's closing remarks. I didn't understand anything after the part about the note from his mom in the lunchbox. What did I miss? Could someone please translate? Something about somebody writing???

Sherry

kissncry
11-05-2007, 09:42 AM
Here's a News article:

Oklahoma's new favorite son
http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?articleID=071105_1_A1_HANCE47621

:D

Ooops! Never mind. Just found the answer in this article. Thanks.

Sherry

GBTYFan
11-05-2007, 11:00 AM
Oh how sweet! Thanks everyone for sharing the pics and the links :)

As Garth gets older he just gets better and better.....he's looking better everyday, you can tell he's as happy as can be and he seems more open and honest than ever too.

Maggie526
11-05-2007, 01:55 PM
Thank you for this link Mr Sevens. How sweet his nickname was Bear & a
Batman lunchbox :)
Garth amazes more every time I see him.. so modest ..so gracious ..but still Garth.
Sure glad they presented him with this award while he was alive :)

LostSessions
11-05-2007, 06:26 PM
I WAS THERE!!!

I got my picture taken with him, and got his autograph!!! It was the greatest moment of my life to finally meet him and talk with him! I am still in shock!

I'm waiting for my pictures to get developed, but if any turn out good, I'll post them on here for all to see. It truly was a dream come true. He is such a humble man. He posed for pictures and signed autographs for anyone who wanted one. He made each and every person feel like they were the only ones in the room. And his speech was excellent. I'll never forget Sunday nite for as long as I live.

And I got to hear Garth say "very cool" to my husband as he was waiting to get an autograph....Made my heart melt.

TJsgotGBfever
11-05-2007, 08:46 PM
How Exciting!!! Congrats!!! definitely share pics! Enjoy being on cloud 7 for a while!! :)

That is so great that he took the time... esp considering his evening, his morning having to be on the west coast and starting KC tonight!!! LOL

sky296
11-05-2007, 08:50 PM
I WAS THERE!!!

I got my picture taken with him, and got his autograph!!! It was the greatest moment of my life to finally meet him and talk with him! I am still in shock!

I'm waiting for my pictures to get developed, but if any turn out good, I'll post them on here for all to see. It truly was a dream come true. He is such a humble man. He posed for pictures and signed autographs for anyone who wanted one. He made each and every person feel like they were the only ones in the room. And his speech was excellent. I'll never forget Sunday nite for as long as I live.

And I got to hear Garth say "very cool" to my husband as he was waiting to get an autograph....Made my heart melt.

AWESOME story!! Very happy for you!! I'm still hoping to meet him sometime.. but first I need to see my first show (can you believe it that I've been a fan for 10+ years but had to wait until now to get to see him live).

Again congrats and thanks for sharing with us!!

Maggie526
11-07-2007, 12:14 AM
I WAS THERE!!!

How exciting for you!!! He is an amazing man.

GarthDreamer77
11-12-2007, 11:21 PM
Hey Summer,

I would love to see your pictures. :)

Take Care & God Bless,
~*Kristen*~

LostSessions
11-13-2007, 07:10 PM
Hey Kristen,

I'll be sure to bring the picture of Garth and me to our PG'ers meeting place before the Centennial event.

The other pics didn't turn out that great or I would have already posted them on here. The lighting wasn't very good at the event for taking pics, and truthfully, the only one that turned out good was the one of Garth and me!!! (Thank God!)