PDA

View Full Version : PG Forums, Forum Guidelines Updated

OldCowhand
06-26-2007, 11:31 PM
Hello PGers,

We've been busy updating the servers and vBulletin engine that runs the Planet Garth forums to speed things up and ensure security. We've applied the latest patches to vBulletin and are once again running the latest available version of the forum code.

We have also made important changes to the PG Forum Guidelines. You will find a "Guidelines" link at the bottom of every page, alongside our Terms of Use & Privacy Policy. If you have not reviewed these documents, I encourage you to do so. Your use of PG and the PG Forums is governed by these terms--they are for your protection, and for ours as a site and forum run by volunteers.

The changes to our Guidelines relate to actions taken by PG Forum Administrators and Moderators. In order to streamline the process of reviewing the relatively rare instances of post deletions, edits, or moves, we've created a new sub-forum for any questions or requests for review. This replaces the ad hoc system we had in the past to ensure that every request is handled in the same way and reviewed by all of the Moderators and Administrators. Please DO NOT contact Moderators or Administrators by PM, e-mail, or by posting threads outside of the new sub-forum. ALL requests should go ONLY in the new sub-forum that we have provided.

I hope that the new changes will help maintain and improve the stellar Garth-related community that you have helped build over the past 12 years!

Skywise
06-27-2007, 12:49 AM
thanks brandon!

Garthmedic
06-27-2007, 01:11 AM
That's not Brandon. That's Doug :)

Skywise
06-27-2007, 01:12 AM
yeah- I saw that too late to change it :D