View Full Version : American Idol

muppetfan88
04-24-2007, 08:46 PM
Phil sang "The Change"!!

What do you guys think?

I think he did pretty good!

GBTYFan
04-24-2007, 08:53 PM
lol I just signed on to let everyone know about it!! you beat me!!

I personally think Phil did an amazing job. seriously, one of his best performances so far this season.

GarthDreamer77
04-24-2007, 09:18 PM
Hey Everyone,

Phil's performance just didn't do it for me tonight and there wasn't anything special about it.

Jordan Sparks however was Amazing! She performs better and better every night:D

Take Care & God Bless,
~*Kristen*~

Skywise
04-24-2007, 10:17 PM
hmm- I taped it (we've gotten a freak 8 inch snow storm of wet heavy junk today.. had to shovel) thanks for the heads up! I'll give it a watch!

DixieChick4GB
04-24-2007, 10:47 PM
I didn't care for it but I'm sure I'm in the minority. I loved Jordin.

Garthmedic
04-24-2007, 11:53 PM
I thought he did a pretty good job. I would have liked to see a bit more reach in his range, but none the less, it was always great to hear a GB tune.

--spud--:)

Garth4Life2007
04-25-2007, 01:58 AM
does anyone have a video of this performance?

Skywise
04-25-2007, 02:04 AM
dang, I wish you'd posted this about 1/2 hour ago or so- I deleted my copy of it (I'd recorded it online)... maybe someone has one- I'll have a copy of it audio wise w/ the next garthcast though...

Garth4Life2007
04-25-2007, 02:15 AM
lol I always seem to miss awsome moments whether its Garth Brooks or Guns N Roses (My all time favorite)

GarthDreamer77
04-25-2007, 02:25 AM
Hey Everyone,

Here it is for anyone who missed it.

American Idol - Top 6 - Phil Stacey - The Change

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qG_Ro8R3ioY

After seeing it again I still don't care for it, but enjoy. :)

Take Care & God Bless,
~*Kristen*~

wmcinnis
04-25-2007, 05:24 AM
Funny when I heard the theme for tonight's show, I thought of "The Change" right away and was pleasantly surprised that Phil took it on....I thought he did a good job of it.:)
-Susan-

Skywise
04-25-2007, 08:16 AM
he certainly didn't do a bad job. don't know if I'm sold on it, but it wasn't bad..

I agree w/ the judges- he's found his niche and comfort..

gbkubfan
04-25-2007, 10:47 AM
It was a good performance and made me reach for Fresh Horses this morning when I left for work. That song is amazing and I remember Garth's video. That was stunning made me emotional. I wonder why Garth didn't have it on Double Live? It is a song near the level of The Dance.

calgarycowgirl
04-25-2007, 11:36 AM
Not bad. He's not Garth, but he's not supposed to be, is he? I didn't think he did much to make it his own though. Kind of stuck to the way Garth did it. I'll take Phil over Bucky Covington ANY DAY!

Jen19
04-25-2007, 03:20 PM
I enjoyed it - NO Garth but like we said No one is.
I think he sang it a little too high key, I agree that if he put a little more country deepneese in to it it could have been a bit better, but I think he put his heart and soul into it.

Jennifer

Garth4Life2007
04-25-2007, 03:22 PM
He did a descent job.

Crazyfan2000
04-25-2007, 04:23 PM
I think American Idol is bogus.

It's just another reality show.

Hopefully I didn't offend any of you out there.

Sorry if I did, that's just my opinion.

gbkubfan
04-25-2007, 08:37 PM
It may be bogus, stupid etc etc but I haven't missed a show since it started. I am supposed to be at a party right now but cancelled because I wanted to be home in time to watch show. I am addicted and can't help it. LOL. Poeple at work constantly tease me...(like me buying happy meals to get the toys right now) but they always seem to know what is happening with the show. So no problem if you don't like it...I don't like Survivor and some of the other reality shows...I like Idol.

sandis
04-25-2007, 08:58 PM
I want to hear Simon give his opinion of Rascal Flatts. :D

Skywise
04-25-2007, 11:19 PM
yikes...... I can't imagine he'd be extremely positive! :D

Mr_Sevens
04-28-2007, 02:46 AM

I'm sorry but I really think you are quite mistaken if you think American Idol is "just another reality show"

but you're entitled to your opinion.

I really liked Phil's performance. He should have sang it during country week. He did it a lot better than he did "Where The Blacktop Ends"

AronP24
04-29-2007, 09:01 AM
yikes...... I can't imagine he'd be extremely positive! :D

they sound like the doorstep of death in person.....three of the most ego-centric, out of tune shows I've ever been to

Skywise
04-29-2007, 09:49 AM
uggh- sorry ya had to go then! there are a few (a FEW) songs that sound good- but nothing I'd go see live- a CD would work fine-

Angels4BobSeger
04-30-2007, 09:57 PM
I quit watching American Idol. I do watch Dancing With The Stars though.
I wonder if Billy Rae Cyrus will get the ax this week.

Sandy

Trishafan4life2
05-03-2007, 02:54 AM

Hey it's not bogus - they had Elvis Presley live and in person singing with Celine Dion singing my favorite song If I can Dream. and they said Elvis was dead - that's bogus - he was on American Idol with Celine Dion and I have it on tape to prove it - he hasn't aged a bit since the 60's. lol........ ;)

Seriously though, I like American Idol because there are some really talented artists out there - much like the show (which I can't think of the name right now) where Sawyer Brown and others were noticed and or got their start. The host was Ed McMahon......

kissncry
05-03-2007, 03:13 AM
Hey it's not bogus - they had Elvis Presley live and in person singing with Celine Dion singing my favorite song If I can Dream. and they said Elvis was dead - that's bogus - he was on American Idol with Celine Dion and I have it on tape to prove it - he hasn't aged a bit since the 60's. lol........ ;)

Seriously though, I like American Idol because there are some really talented artists out there - much like the show (which I can't think of the name right now) where Sawyer Brown and others were noticed and or got their start. The host was Ed McMahon......

I believe that show would be Star Search? Darn, there I go giving away my age again! :D

Sherry

Trishafan4life2
05-05-2007, 04:17 PM
LOL oh yeah, that one. I'm showing my age too coz i forgot the name of it....... I guess on American Idol in the beginning phases could be compared to the Gong Show with Chuck Barris..... LOL ;) oh no, showing my age again. lol