PDA

View Full Version : Post your personal/Favourite Garth Brooks and Chirs Gaines Covers

parley
04-09-2007, 09:25 AM
hey guys i had an idea that people could post either there own covers or thier favorite cover versions of Garth and Chris songs for us all to enjoy. my brother recorded two of these songs in his bedroom, those ones are To Make You Feel My Love and Lost In You. He Recorded Somewhere other than the night for his EP that he made. he is an independant artist but i think he is great!
please leave your thoughts and criticisms...

ftp://garth:garth@203.40.143.77:34/Lost In You.wmaThis is Lost In You By Chris Gaines, but my brothers cover of it.

ftp://garth:garth@203.40.143.77:34/... The Night.wmaThis is my brothers cover of Somewhere Other Than The Night. This one was professionally Recorded near our house.

ftp://garth:garth@203.40.143.77:34/...el My Love.wmaand this is To Make You Feel My Love.

if the server goes down, PM me and i will update the link...

parley
04-09-2007, 11:38 AM
ftp://garth:garth@203.40.143.77:34/10 Somewhere Other Than The Night.wma
This is my brothers cover of Somewhere Other Than The Night. This one was professionally Recorded near our house.

ftp://garth:garth@203.40.143.77:34/To Make You Feel My Love.wma
and this is his cover of To Make You Feel My Love.

sorry, the links are working now..

PLEASE PLEASE leave your comments.... and PLEASE download the songs...

parley
04-09-2007, 12:47 PM
hey guys i can ee that some of you have tried uploading the song but you aborted, so i will make it easier for everyone and i will flyupload it... here is the link

http://www.flyupload.com/?fid=8532203

Skywise
04-11-2007, 11:43 AM
a lot better move parley! easier to upload!!

parley
04-12-2007, 08:09 AM
so wat did u think of it Skywise

Skywise
04-12-2007, 09:22 AM
well, once I could finally download the stuff (the FTP was not good for htat, your 2nd idea was much better)..... I could listen..

Lost in you- not bad- a bit karaoke-ish, I thought, but very listen-able.....

to make you feel my love- I honestly, didnt' like it.. . the pitch was wrong, or the way the guitar was meshed w/ the vocals... it didn't work for me- I like that it was guitar only, that's a good part.. (guitar and voice) however, the song wasn't well done, IMO..

Somewhere other than the night- has a lot of feeling in the cover- vocals could be better... a few notes in the instrumentals (the beginnning parts) were a bit off... rest of it wasn't bad! I liked the 'added song' at the end (not advertised), the brian white song- I think that may have been the best of any of em...

gotta be honest...

parley
04-13-2007, 07:33 AM
um wat do ya mean karaoke-ish? just out of interest... and also, u can hear wat sounds like a thud then a tink sound. he did that with a jar. the thud is the lid and the tink is the side. also, SOTTN was professionally recorded with professional instrumentalists from all over australia. i think you'l find that there isnt any wrong notes. thanks for being honest though.

Skywise
04-13-2007, 08:12 AM
um wat do ya mean karaoke-ish? just out of interest... and also, u can hear wat sounds like a thud then a tink sound. he did that with a jar. the thud is the lid and the tink is the side. also, SOTTN was professionally recorded with professional instrumentalists from all over australia. i think you'l find that there isnt any wrong notes. thanks for being honest though.

ya know, not to be a total jerk, but if you didn't want honest feedback, why'd you ask for it? if you didn't want people to tell you the truth, or only wanted it to be glossed over, why not just say so?

what do I mean by karaoke-ish? it had a feeling of someone trying to 'sing Chris Gaines' as you would w/ a karaoke machine, and not sing 'Lost in you' the song... almost as if it was "i'm C. Gaines", not "I'm a singer, and a C. Gaines song is what i've chosen to sing..."

don't know what you mean by the jar/thud/lid tink, ettc...
w/ Somewhere other than the night- great- so there were professional instrumentalists who came in from all over australia to record on this song. They didn't get every note.. the word 'professional' does not necessarily equal great recording....

so, once again, if you didn't want honest feedback, why ask for it? I love covers and don't mind listening- don't much care for being told that my requested feedback is wrong (in the way of the reply, not the actual words you used). It makes you less likely to download or listen to another song by the same person

parley
04-13-2007, 08:53 AM
i didnt mean to shoot you down. i was just askin wat yu meant by karaoke-ish and just sayin that they were professional instrumentalists. once again, im sorry if it seemed like i was shooting you down, coz i wasnt. i just wanted to let you know that he recorded all the instruments and backing vocals for lost in you himself. he wasnt trying to be chris gaines, merly recording the song. what i meant by the tink and the thud sound. wen u listen to it, u can hear a tink then a thud sound on every second beat, then one every other beat you hear a clap. he made the tink-thud sounds by hitting a jar, then hitting the lid with a pencil. it sounds quite effective.

once again, sorry if you took it the wrong way, i appreciate the feedback and so does he.

it wood be great to see what anyone else thinks of it too..

parley
04-13-2007, 09:15 AM
http://www.flyupload.com/?fid=722202 - self written, professionally recorded song called "Silence".

Skywise
04-13-2007, 02:33 PM
i didnt mean to shoot you down. i was just askin wat yu meant by karaoke-ish and just sayin that they were professional instrumentalists all well said and done, however you asked for honest feedback- when given, you tried to shoot it down- not problem though...

once again, im sorry if it seemed like i was shooting you down, coz i wasnt. i just wanted to let you know that he recorded all the instruments and backing vocals for lost in you himself. cool then! even w/ my criticisms, if he recorded all the backing vocals himself, etc.. they were mixed in well then! it did sound good in that respect..

he wasnt trying to be chris gaines, merly recording the song. what i meant by the tink and the thud sound. wen u listen to it, u can hear a tink then a thud sound on every second beat, then one every other beat you hear a clap. he made the tink-thud sounds by hitting a jar, then hitting the lid with a pencil. it sounds quite effective. ok, but call me ignorant then, what's the point of doing that- recreating a sound in the original? keeping time?

once again, sorry if you took it the wrong way, i appreciate the feedback and so does he. no problem, though it's not me 'taking it the wrong way' with what you said... glad you liked the feedback..

it wood be great to see what anyone else thinks of it too..
on that we can agree!

Skywise
04-13-2007, 02:35 PM
http://www.flyupload.com/?fid=722202 - self written, professionally recorded song called "Silence".

I'll listen to it later tonight- I can't download it where I am at the moment

parley
04-13-2007, 09:10 PM
ok, but call me ignorant then, what's the point of doing that- recreating a sound in the original? keeping time?

by doin the thud-tink with the jar, he was trying to experiment with different sounds to make it sound similar to the original.

Skywise
04-13-2007, 10:25 PM
ahh- okiedokie then!