PDA

View Full Version : Question about buying CDs at Wal*Mart

Crazyfan2000
04-05-2007, 12:25 PM
I was just on Walmart.com, and I noticed that you can order all 9 albums, plus CD box set and DVD box set.

My question is, can I go to my Wal*Mart and ask them to privately order copies for me of the ones that they have run out of (like you can privately order stuff at Borders), because they don't carry every album. They only carry about 5 of the albums at my Wal*Marts.

I would think that you could since they carry everything at Wal*Mart.com, but I don't want to order them on the internet I want to go in and pick them up.

UKFriend2U
04-05-2007, 12:59 PM
I was just on Walmart.com, and I noticed that you can order all 9 albums, plus CD box set and DVD box set.

My question is, can I go to my Wal*Mart and ask them to privately order copies for me of the ones that they have run out of (like you can privately order stuff at Borders), because they don't carry every album. They only carry about 5 of the albums at my Wal*Marts.

I would think that you could since they carry everything at Wal*Mart.com, but I don't want to order them on the internet I want to go in and pick them up.

I guess it depends if the Internet site works separately from the store?

Also do they have any option of, order online and pickup in the store?

Thanks

Neal Doerner
04-07-2007, 02:30 PM
I work for a Walmart in North Central Ohio, and often help out in the Electronics department. Here is the way that the music works at my store:

There is actually an outside company who maintains the inventory at all walmart stores. In my store, it is The Handleman Company. Because of the limited space available in the music section, not everything that is available on the website can be found in the store.

When you go to walmart.com, most of the CDs will either say "ONLINE ONLY". If They are available online and in stores, Handleman has determined that there is great enough demand to carry that cd in the store, as well as online.

Hope that clears up any questions

G&TTreknTech77
04-07-2007, 05:55 PM
Neal,

Can I ask you a quick question?

If you go here: http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=5367812

Notice UNASSIGNED/MUSIC NEW-ANDERSON-EXCEPTIONS/ at the top of the page. I believe Anderson is a marketing company. Do you know what their role is?

Thanks,
Ryan

Neal Doerner
04-08-2007, 07:04 PM
In My store, Anderson is a video supplier, as well as handling some of the music dvds that we carry.

I am not sure if that is the same in every store or not, but I do know that it is in my store.

G-f
04-08-2007, 07:45 PM
I was in another town and they had "The Entertainer Box" for $5.00 I couldn't believe it. I know in my town they have ALL his cd's available and they are $5.50. I looked real hard for the box set before that to see if they had some of them and if they were going to be $5.00 too, but didn't have a lot of time to look and couldn't find them. They are $9.?? where I live. I already had an "The Entertainer Box" but couldn't resist getting it for $5.00 and putting it up.
Tricia