PDA

View Full Version : CMA Riverfront Concert Series

sandis
09-29-2006, 10:32 PM
Craig Morgan Hosts All-New GAC show 'CMA Riverfront Concert Series' Series to Premiere Saturday, 9/30

NASHVILLE - Great American Country and the Country Music Association are debuting “CMA Riverfront Concert Series,” a six-episode series filled with some of the performances from this year’s CMA Music Festival at Downtown Nashville’s Riverfront Park.

“The GAC television audience is about to see and hear what CMA Music Festival attendees have experienced for years - that the concerts at the Riverfront add their own special character to the Festival,” said CMA Chief Operating Officer Tammy Genovese. “There’s a relaxed vibe to the setting on the Cumberland River, exciting young artists and cherished veterans giving their all on stage and hard-core Country Music fans soaking it all in. We’re thrilled that GAC will help us share this special tradition with all Country Music fans.”

The series premieres Saturday, Sept. 30 at 9 p.m. ET and is hosted by Broken Bow recording artist Craig Morgan. Viewers will be treated to an entertaining lineup of established artists including Steve Azar, Jeff Bates, Neal McCoy, The Oak Ridge Boys and Darryl Worley, along with up-and-comers Bomshel, The Lost Trailers, Danielle Peck, Taylor Swift and more.

“CMA Riverfront Concert Series” runs every Saturday night after the “Grand Ole Opry Live” until Oct. 28, with the exception of the Opry Marathon Weekend on Oct. 21.

“This is the first time the Riverfront concerts were ever taped for television and we’re honored CMA has chosen GAC as its telecast partner,” said GAC Senior Vice President of Programming Sarah Trahern. “We hope the viewers will enjoy the performances as much as the crowds did during the taping.”

Detailed “CMA Riverfront Concert Series” Information (unless noted, all shows premiere at 9 p.m. ET):

Sept. 30- Danielle Peck and Darryl Worley
Oct. 1- Carolyn Dawn Johnson and Chris Young
Oct. 7- The Lost Trailers and Neal McCoy
Oct. 14 – TWO EPISODES:
Steve Azar, The Oak Ridge Boys and Lane Turner (9:00 p.m.)
Ray Scott and Taylor Swift (9:30 p.m.)
Oct. 28- Jeff Bates, Bomshel and Trent Tomlinson

Paula
09-30-2006, 04:26 PM
Cool...I'll be able to catch some of the shows I missed on the Riverfront stage. I like that we have choices, but hate when I have to choose between shows and events that I want to catch.

Paula