PDA

View Full Version : 40th Annual CMA Awards | Nominees Announcement

Paula
08-28-2006, 07:07 PM
From an email I got from a CMA mailing list I'm on...
Jennifer Nettles of Sugarland and five-time CMA Award winner Brad Paisley announce the final nominees in select categories for “The 40th Annual CMA Awards” on ABC News’ “Good Morning America” Wednesday, Aug. 30 (8:30AM).

Followed by rising Country stars Jason Aldean and Little Big Town announcing the remaining nominees on a special edition of CMT’s “CMT Insider” with Katie Cook and Lance Smith Wednesday, Aug. 30 (10:00 AM/ET; 9:00 AM/CT).

“The 40th Annual CMA Awards,” hosted by Brooks & Dunn, will be broadcast live from Gaylord Entertainment Center in Nashville, Monday, Nov. 6 (8:00-11:00 PM ET/delayed PT) on the ABC Television Network.This time last year, I was planning my trip to New York for the 39th Annual CMA Awards. Wish I were going to Nashville for the 40th!

Paula

MDerin
08-29-2006, 10:37 AM
Thanks for the info, Paula.

I really hope we see Trisha (and Garth, for the duet!) on the nominees list... :)

Garth_BradFan
08-30-2006, 06:21 AM
Well, if that is up, I hope it loses to 'When I Get Where I'm Going'. Brad should be the big winner this year, IMO.

Skywise
08-30-2006, 08:57 AM
as long as it isn't somehow tim, faith, kenny, or keith- it'll be a good thing-

sandis
08-30-2006, 11:28 AM
List of nominees:

http://www.cmaawards.com/2006/nomWin/nominees.asp

P.S. Way to go, George. :)

Skywise
08-30-2006, 11:54 AM
now these sound like interesting awards potentially-

will Miranda be shut out again (wasn't she horizon nominated last year, or was that the ACM's?)

will big and rich dethrone brooks and dunn?

can Alan's album of gospel tunes win?

can Brad paisley win?

good questions, more could be made!

Garth_BradFan
08-30-2006, 04:45 PM
Pretty good nominations list. As I said, I'll be rooting for Brad. I also hope Sara wins for Female Vocalist and Little Big Town win for Group (though thats bound to be Rascal Flatts, unfortunately)

I was thrilled to hear George Strait will be inducted into the country music hall of fame. So many stars get the honour far too late, a lot even die for getting it so I'm glad they are honouring Strait now - even though he has so many chapters to write in his career yet. Hooray for George!

Garth_BradFan
08-30-2006, 04:46 PM
To try and answer skywise's questions. . .

will Miranda be shut out again? Unfortunately, yes. I do like her, but others stand more of a chance.

will big and rich dethrone brooks and dunn? Well, they did get a surprising Song of the Year nod?

can Alan's album of gospel tunes win? I hope not. Come on Brad!

can Brad paisley win? He better!

Jona
08-30-2006, 05:13 PM
I hope Brad Paisley wins every category he is nominated in... :p

Steven75407
08-30-2006, 11:12 PM
I hope Carrie wins everything she's up for too.

Garth_BradFan
09-01-2006, 12:55 PM
Btw, kudos to the CMA's for leaving Tim McGraw and Toby Keith out of the nominations. I can't stand most of their material - I was a Tim fan at one point, but haven't cared for his material since he started using his band on his albums for some reason.

Mr_Sevens
09-02-2006, 01:04 PM
who else thinks that "Good Ride Cowboy" should have been nominated for Song of the Year? It did break a record after all...

Skywise
09-02-2006, 02:57 PM
hmm- GRC was a great song- absolutely- and it did break the record that (well tied it, actually didn't it? w/ the debuting at #18?) is also true.. however... song of the year? There are a few songs on there by artists/acts who are actually contributing to current country music, good or bad, and I think they'd be better choices- and hell, I'm a huge garth fan and would love to see him win something again..

I'm hoping for Jesus take the wheel to win...

GBsgirl
09-02-2006, 04:20 PM
Ugh I'm hoping that neither Brad or Carrie wins LOL Tired of both of them. Really considering not even watching the awards this year.

Garth_BradFan
09-02-2006, 07:59 PM
Each to their own, but I completely disagree. Tired of Brad Paisley? Better not watch the show then, because he is going to win big - well if he will if theres any justice.

Mr_Sevens
09-03-2006, 12:13 AM
Each to their own, but I completely disagree. Tired of Brad Paisley? Better not watch the show then, because he is going to win big - well if he will if theres any justice.

totally agree