PDA

View Full Version : Fan fair

Jona
05-13-2006, 07:56 AM
I wonder if someone could tell me a bit about "Fan fair"? I understand that it is a country music festival, but some details would be nice :) Is this something who would be worth to take the trip from Norway to join? Not this year of course, need some planning... and saving... Is it hard to get tickets?
Is anything from this festival coming on TV? If yes, when and witch channel?

Paula
05-13-2006, 09:53 AM
The ticket price is definitely a bargain. For about $150 or less (unless you go for the gold seating), you get access to 4 days of music from a a wide variety of artists beginning at 10am straight through until 10:30 or 11pm. In addition, you have access to the convention center where many artists have booths and where a lot of them schedule autograph sessions. Many artists also schedule fan club parties during Fan Fair week (which is officially 4 days but some events are held in the 2-3 days leading up to the official start on Thursday), and there are lots of options for after hours events and other optional shows and events throughout the week (some of which are free). Check out http://www.fanfair.com/2006/ for what's on tap this year, as far as the official events are concerned, the schedule and the artists who are appearing. Tickets aren't scarce, but of course, the earlier you purchase your ticket, the better location you have at the nightly shows at the Coliseum. The 4-day ticket package usually goes on sale the third or fourth day of the current Fan Fair week.

Last year, they did air some highlights from Fan Fair week on TV...I think it was on CBS, and I believe they are planning to do it again this year. I'm not sure whether it was aired overseas. I can't remember if it was a 1-hour or a 2-hour show, but it gave a bit of the flavor for the event.

Paula

Jude
05-14-2006, 01:22 AM
Definately worth the trip over. I even nearly met up with Paula a few years back.
So much going on - great value for money. As you know in Europe we are starved of Country Music. Here it goes on for four days and well into the evening. The ticket price is definately worth the money. I think it is cheap when you think what we have to pay to see one act!!
You can get some great pics too. I took over 800 (good ones) in 4 days!! Bryan White even held my camera lens whist I changed from a huge zoom to a smaller one because I got so close to him.

If only my pics then were digital....................

My advice is go for it! Book it as soon as you can - hotel will be the biggest expense but even then it is done by the room and not per person as it is here in UK.
Also there is a lot of extra stuff going on like Archery event, baseball game, IFCO show. If only I was going again.................

Jude

Paula
05-14-2006, 06:01 PM
Definately worth the trip over. I even nearly met up with Paula a few years back.One of these days, we will meet up! You need to plan another Fan Fair trip.

Paula

Jona
05-14-2006, 08:27 PM
Ok :) Thanks! This sounds great!! Really great! I am starting saving money today!! Wow.. The tickets price are pretty cheap I think, considering what we would have had to pay for this in Norway. But it will be hotel, plane tickets and all other stuff!

To bad your picture's ain't digital, Jude.

I hope someone will record if there will be a tv show of this...Please...

We actually have country music festivals in Norway to, 3 actually. But there are mostly norwegian artists there, and I don't like the music they play. I don't think it's country music. But Dwight Yoakam is coming to one of them, and Carlene Carter to another. That's cool. But, I think I save my money for a trip to Nashville :)