PDA

View Full Version : i need the hungry years( before the fame)

garthtacular
03-06-2006, 09:03 PM
i need the hungry years ( before the fame)

UKFriend2U
03-06-2006, 10:07 PM

the CD?

Thanks

garthtacular
03-07-2006, 12:20 AM
yes, i lost mine

LoyalCountry
03-07-2006, 09:37 AM

Is this available for purchase anywhere?

Thanks
Marta

UKFriend2U
03-07-2006, 09:44 AM
yes, i lost mine

Hi

I made and redone a version (soundwise) many years ago and I know it has has circulated many times around the Net.

I still have my orig files and images I made at the time. I had two version, the 18 Track and 24 I think.

I'll see about finding my disc's which are boxed up somewhere and try and sort something out.

Thanks

Chris Gaines
03-07-2006, 10:55 AM

Thanks
Marta

no it's not. It's his so-called Demo he took to Nashville with him.

LoyalCountry
03-07-2006, 11:59 PM
no it's not. It's his so-called Demo he took to Nashville with him.

Thank you Jason. This is most probably a very naive question, but does that
mean that what's out there now are all bootlegged copies?
In either Unlimited or Inside Fame, Garth spoke about a tape that Bob Doyle
still keeps because he saw something special in it. Is this the same Demo
tape that you're talking about?

Thank you
Marta

Skywise
03-08-2006, 09:13 AM
There were no officially released copies, so yeah, they're all bootlegs.. in varying degrees of quality-

some have 18 songs, some have 24 songs
some have 23 songs, afew even hve 28..

I have a 2 cd set w/ all 29 songs (all Garth's + Craig Clemmons' set) in good condition

email me/PM me..

Chris Gaines
03-08-2006, 01:16 PM
There were no officially released copies, so yeah, they're all bootlegs.. in varying degrees of quality-

Actually there was an official released copy.. in the form of Cassette Tape.. cause Garth used to sell them when he was playing the bar scene back in Oklahoma.

Thank you Jason. This is most probably a very naive question, but does that mean that what's out there now are all bootlegged copies?

Yes bootlegged copies. And with the quality of the copies I wouldn't pay any more than 5 bucks for it, if that even. Scott may make them "SEEM" good quality in his replies.. but they are not.

In either Unlimited or Inside Fame, Garth spoke about a tape that Bob Doyle
still keeps because he saw something special in it. Is this the same Demo
tape that you're talking about?

Yep it's the same TAPE (hence the term, non-CD) which = LESSER QUALITY right there. Ever put a cassette copy of something onto your PC and listen to it? It sucks. LOL :)

Skywise
03-08-2006, 01:25 PM
Actually there was an official released copy.. in the form of Cassette Tape.. cause Garth used to sell them when he was playing the bar scene back in Oklahoma. yes,if you to nit pick, you could call that tape 'official' as garth released it himself- but I think you know what Iw as referring to

Yes bootlegged copies. And with the quality of the copies I wouldn't pay any more than 5 bucks for it, if that even. Scott may make them "SEEM" good quality in his replies.. but they are not. you'd have to hear it for yourself Jason- I can't judge your opinion... which is all it is..

Yep it's the same TAPE (hence the term, non-CD) :)
are you sure? objectively and factually how do you know? not that I doubt one way or the other, but I don't have a need to make myself feel important and right here.. I'm curious

Chris Gaines
03-08-2006, 01:28 PM
you'd have to hear it for yourself Jason- I can't judge your opinion... which is all it is..

I have them Scott.. I don't talk before I listen unlike some people I know.

UKFriend2U
03-08-2006, 03:39 PM

Thanks
Marta

Hi

I'll send you an mp3 of one of my re-done Hungry Years, so you can judge what the quality of the version I have.

I am not about to go into cost against quality as to date I haven't sold the version's I made in the mid 90's. The only time I have have ever sent them was on a friends birthday or just to cheer someone up.

Despite trying to keep this limited, I know for fact my version has circulated around so, these day's if I do something for someone I am careful who I send to and mark it.

Marta I'll PM if you want to listen to one of songs.

Thanks

Skywise
03-08-2006, 04:05 PM
I have them Scott.. I don't talk before I listen unlike some people I know.
whatever ya say there jason-