PDA

View Full Version : Advice on box set

Speedbird
02-23-2006, 07:19 AM
Hello all, my first posting this, so hopefully i will do it ok.
In 3 weeks i will be in the US, i am hoping to pick up the recent box set from Walmart. Do there seem to be any supply issues or are they readily available?. I have been told that there have been some on sale on this forum but they appear to have gone. But, If anyone does have a brand new set they want to sell then i will be interested. I do have a Pay Pal account as well.
Thanks guys
Mike

Chris Gaines
02-23-2006, 10:34 AM
There is SOME supply issues in SOME stores... but there is OVERSTOCKING issues in others. So it's hit or miss really.

Striehl
02-23-2006, 11:37 AM
Hi Mike!

Welcome to PG! Where are you from and to what part of the U.S. will you travel?

Speedbird
02-23-2006, 07:58 PM
Hi Striehl, i'm in the North West of the UK about 30 miles from Manchester but will be visiting Vegas again in the spring.

Striehl
02-24-2006, 06:50 PM
Hey, c'mon Garthmaniacs, who in this very limited area can help out? Some Idaho potatoes maybe?

Skywise
02-24-2006, 09:59 PM
Mike- contrary to what some are saying... there are really no stocking issues or supply issues, that I've seen.. In fact my walmart's neither overstocked or runnign out- they've been stocked w/ the same amounts (almost, having sold a small amount) of garth sets since it came out in November..

out west seems to be where it's not selling- I do know that there are less (though I've not heard of any major supply problems) in the south perhaps, and in the midwest, but out here you'd find plenty... where are you going specifically? vegas? shouldn't have a problem getting hte set

Speedbird
02-25-2006, 05:40 AM
Many thanks skywise. Ok then in that case i will leave it till im in vegas in a couple of weeks. It is available at Walmart.com who could even deliver it to my hotel. Thanks for all the help with this guys!. One final thing, why did Striehl make reference to "Idaho potatoes" Just for curiosity?
Thanks again
Mike

Skywise
02-25-2006, 10:08 AM
Mike- don't have the foggiest idea! (GRIN) unless he's talking about Spud, our own 'garthmedic' here...

good luck in vegas! let us know if you get the set ok!

mrgregddavis
04-20-2006, 06:07 PM
Plenty of sets to go around in my area. I've already sent one box and a lost sessions cd out to someone in Sweden. Everything went smooth too. Just waiting for more requests. ;)