PDA

View Full Version : Boxed Sets Past and Present

Ireland-&-Back
02-20-2006, 05:06 AM
I just got given a very lovely present of the 2005 boxed set and I thought I'd come on here to try and get an idea of value. I'm not looking to sell, but if you could give me an idea of how much you think it's worth and whether I should consider insuring it etc.

The 2005 box set with the USS Enterprise cover of Double Live. The box and book are signed by Garth in gold marker, as is every CD and every CD inlay. All told, I think there's 19 autographs (give or take) in the one box. CD's never been played and everything is immaculate.

I also have the first box set, CDs never played, signed by Garth on the front of the box in silver marker.

Like I said, I'm not looking to sell but if you can let me know what you think it would be worth, or if you want to offer to pay off my mortgage, I might think about selling :)

Thanks guys...

G.

Skywise
02-20-2006, 11:26 AM
I just got given a very lovely present of the 2005 boxed set and I thought I'd come on here to try and get an idea of value. I'm not looking to sell, but if you could give me an idea of how much you think it's worth and whether I should consider insuring it etc.

The 2005 box set with the USS Enterprise cover of Double Live. The box and book are signed by Garth in gold marker, as is every CD and every CD inlay. All told, I think there's 19 autographs (give or take) in the one box. CD's never been played and everything is immaculate.

I also have the first box set, CDs never played, signed by Garth on the front of the box in silver marker.

Like I said, I'm not looking to sell but if you can let me know what you think it would be worth, or if you want to offer to pay off my mortgage, I might think about selling :)

Thanks guys...

G.
good question- value is so subjective though- to some it'd be worth tons.. to others? maybe not so much-

I wish I could tell ya- do you have any photos of it to show people? they may b able to offer a better opinoin that way

UKFriend2U
02-21-2006, 06:29 PM
As the previous reply.

I don't know the value on Garth stuff as he signs alot and there is alot about.

Values are a strange thing as they seem to go up slightly when they artist is in the limelight and sometimes they are worth x times more when the artist is no longer with us.

I guess to some die hard Garth fan they could pay 100's while some places do buy the stuff as whole and then end up selling it individually in a framed set.

I'd hate to judge the value of the items you got as I have the very first box set too which was signed. I would never sell it I guess as a friend sent it me.

Thanks

ajigrone
02-21-2006, 09:02 PM
Your best chance to find the value is check an online store, or somewhere like ebay.

Chris Gaines
02-22-2006, 06:57 AM
ebay would be a bad place to check since 99% of the signatures on there are fake... just the people buying them don't seem to care or realize it.

Since Garth "Personalizes" everything he signs (if your 2005 Box Set isn't personalized, I would really question it's realness, since 1998-99 Garth has ALWAYS personalized every single item he signs) ... it takes the 'value' of the autograph down by more than half the normal retail of the signature. Which is one reason he does that in the first place. To make it even more harder to sell, for the hecklers that play like they are fans to get the signature and turn around and sell it.

A normal good quality Garth Brooks signature will run about 10-15 (USD) more then the product it is on. If it's personalized, probably about half that price. It also is contingent of the product and signature being in excellent shape. No smears, smudges, bent corners, cracked, chipped.. etc etc etc...

hope that helps.

Paula
02-22-2006, 07:15 PM
Since Garth "Personalizes" everything he signs (if your 2005 Box Set isn't personalized, I would really question it's realness, since 1998-99 Garth has ALWAYS personalized every single item he signs) ... it takes the 'value' of the autograph down by more than half the normal retail of the signature. Which is one reason he does that in the first place. To make it even more harder to sell, for the hecklers that play like they are fans to get the signature and turn around and sell it.I would qualify that by saying he personalizes almost everything. I have a baseball that he signed for me at spring training a couple of years ago that he didn't personalize with my name. I was surprised that he didn't.

Paula

UKFriend2U
02-22-2006, 08:24 PM
Also Ebay is the worst place you want to work out the value of items as it's basically you noram of a secondhand shop where people don't know what they are really selling and the shop owner paying you a fraction of what it is worth and then selling it on.

I would never judge my items there as one day someone could be selling the exact thing you selling and it sells say $50, then the following week or month you may only get offers around $25.

Most people on Ebay get carried away and end up paying over the odds for a item, just to win the bid.

Striehl
02-23-2006, 11:44 AM
Question:

Would you mind to share the story of those two signed boxed sets with us? When and where were they signed and how did they get into your possession?

Sorry, sometimes I'm just too curious!

Ireland-&-Back
03-02-2006, 11:14 AM
Question:

Would you mind to share the story of those two signed boxed sets with us? When and where were they signed and how did they get into your possession?

Sorry, sometimes I'm just too curious!

Hey, curiousity is good, it helps control the feline population lol.

My fiancÚs cousin works for a radio station in Oklahoma city, I can't think off the top of my head which one (its one of those stations with 4 initials. why dont you just have normal station names like "top fm"? hehe). Anyway, Garth did an interview at the station and my fiancÚ twisted her cousins arm to get signed stuff for me, nice Valentine's present.

Striehl
03-13-2006, 08:11 AM
Very cool - tanx!