PDA

View Full Version : Any Eagles fans?

Garth_BradFan
12-24-2005, 11:42 AM
Any fellow Eagles fans out there? I own everything they have done prety much, they are definitely my favorite band of all time. I am one of the people who prefer their real early stuff, pre 'One Of These Nights', but I love it all really!

All those early songs like 'Desperado', 'Take It Easy' and 'Tequila Sunrise' that sound so Western and so American, were recorded here in England!

Garthmedic
12-24-2005, 12:33 PM
Eagles are a great band. Saw them in concert in 1992.

--spud--:)

Zack
12-24-2005, 01:04 PM
They are one of the last artists left on my "Have to see before they die or I die" list.

It sounds like you are more into the pre-Joe Walsh Eagles. After he joined, they added a more rock flavor. I like em all though.

Garth_BradFan
12-24-2005, 01:11 PM
It sounds like you are more into the pre-Joe Walsh Eagles. After he joined, they added a more rock flavor. I like em all though

Yeah. They started their change to a more rock flavour on the 'One Of These Nights' record which prompted Bernie Leadon to leave. I love 'Hotel California' and all that and I and love Joe Walsh, but I think their very best songs are 'Desperado', 'Take It Easy', 'Tequila Sunrise', etc

dhuang8
12-24-2005, 04:39 PM
Count me in as a fan.

bendavis83
12-28-2005, 03:25 PM
Count me in as a fan of the Eagles! I am also in agreement on that they were better without Walsh. The country-rock stuff of the early days was the best of their output. The new song "No More Cloudy Days" form the Farewell 1 Special kinda reminds me of that time. I do wish they would do an album of country songs that infuenced them as a band. I ithink that would appeal to Eagles fans as well as country fans that hasn't yet discovered one of the greatest bands of all time.

sandis
12-28-2005, 03:50 PM
How did I miss this thread? :eek: I love them too. :D

In fact, I made a fellow PG'er go with me to see them in concert this year when she was in town, and she loved them too. I've seen them maybe 3 or 4 times in concert? Not a lot, I know. One of those times was a benefit concert for the Recording Artists Coalition--and they were with the Dixie Chicks. They sang a couple of songs together, too; it was awesome. :D

lolett
12-28-2005, 05:55 PM
For European Eagles fans:

"The Eagles: Farewell 1 Tour Concert"
Rod Laver Arena Melbourne, Australien, 2004

You can watch the concert - or at least 60 minutes of it - on 3sat.
December 31
4pm CET

http://www.3sat.de/musik/85037/index.html

laurenmcc
01-25-2006, 04:30 PM
I absolutely love the Eagles, Im going to see them in July for their "Farewell" tour, can't wait, have never seen them before and I'm really looking forward to it :D

SenileOkie
01-25-2006, 05:25 PM
I love the Eagles, too! I recorded the Farewell Tour when it was on the Bravo channel a few months ago! It was great!