PDA

View Full Version : I think he should us PG forums

DonHouston
11-22-2005, 10:30 PM
Ok so he is finally getting Garth Brooks.com which is cool but I think he should recongize PG as a site where so many of his fans are at. I wished he would participat once in a while. I think he would be amazed with all of you here and your support for him. I am so happy to be with all these fans.

fuzzwuzz
11-23-2005, 12:14 AM
it bombed and didn't work out.

I disagree with you. We need a place Garth feels totally comfortable. At the same time, I'm trying hard not to get my hopes too high. The joke has been on me way too much lately and I've seriously lost my patience and sense of humor. :(

DonHouston
11-23-2005, 12:16 AM
I am not sure I follow?

cissie
11-23-2005, 12:52 AM
well i am not sure what exactly happened, but i do remember that when garth announced his retirement, during that same press conference he said, if you would like to stay up to date on what was going on with him, go to planetgarth.com cause it has the most accurate and most up to date info and he also said that "his people" was getting together with "planetgarth.coms people" and they were going to try to make this the OFFICIAL garth brooks web site. i don't know what happened but it still says the UNOFFICIAL site..so i guess they just could not come to an agreement

EveryNow&Then
11-23-2005, 01:16 AM
unfourante that is didn't work, but we can still love Pg and garthbrooks.com t the same time.... we got plenty of love to go around! :))

Katie

Striehl
11-23-2005, 06:32 AM
Hey guys, are you sure, Gerth never showed up here? Maybe he fooled around a little bit under a funny nic? As someone, who knows the media quite well and who is aware of the importance of the internet, I am absolutely sure, that Garth Brooks scans this site frequently!

KUGuitarMonkey
11-23-2005, 08:59 AM
Regardless of how this site is used -- and whether it is recognized as official or unofficial -- I still think it's a great site, with great fans. It always has been. No site on the 'net, for any performer, is ever perfect. There will always be bad apples in every bunch. But mostly, this site seems to be full of fans who want to represent the good about Garth and his music. :)

Mr_Sevens
11-23-2005, 10:57 AM
Hey guys, are you sure, Gerth never showed up here? Maybe he fooled around a little bit under a funny nic? As someone, who knows the media quite well and who is aware of the importance of the internet, I am absolutely sure, that Garth Brooks scans this site frequently!

I bet Garth has been here...I don't think he registered and actually posted or anything like that....but I do think he has at least looked around here.

kristen166
11-23-2005, 06:22 PM
I honestly think Garth should start off with his own site particularly if it is going to have some median where he will correspond . With his rules and standards, cause so many of his fans cannot post here for various reasons either they were ban or dont feel welcome etc he can start fresh etc. But i mean I think it is long shot either way that he will have something he corresponds directly with his fans with on the internet. :)

Debbie from NZ
11-23-2005, 07:10 PM
I've always been glad he says he doesn't come here. There have been so many times I would have been extremely embarrassed for him to read what was said about him, and to see the way people sometimes treat each other.

I think the sort of Q&A thing he has on Wal-mart's site is OK but I think it would be unwise for him to engage in any sort of "conversation" online.

Garth belongs in the real world.

CoCoEyes4U
11-23-2005, 07:26 PM

"GERTH" hope that was a typo....

Snow
11-23-2005, 07:47 PM
I dont know if Garth will have forums but if he does they will more like what you see at other artists sites... which are much more regulated than we have been.

Our mission here has always been to provide information and fellowship for Garth fans and to do it in a family friendly way that didn't stoop to tabloid stuff. We've done that job for most of Garth's career while he never had an official site.... though it was known that he was very familiar with PlanetGarth. ;)

Sure we have at times (not many at all) had problems with a very few posters that interferred with the purpose of the site and the enjoyment of the majority but over all we've been able to be much more free than an artist supported site. We've cooperated with Garth's people when they've asked certain things of us but we're not obligated to them in any way. There have been times when we've been able to tell stuff or let stuff be told that an official site would have to control......... like if they dont want certain info out before an official announcement.

So I think we'll stay proudly "unofficial" and complimentary to garthbrooks.com ... but not competition in any way. We'll have our own niche to fill.

Skywise
11-23-2005, 10:55 PM
I dont know if Garth will have forums but if he does they will more like what you see at other artists sites... which are much more regulated than we have been.

Our mission here has always been to provide information and fellowship for Garth fans and to do it in a family friendly way that didn't stoop to tabloid stuff. We've done that job for most of Garth's career while he never had an official site.... though it was known that he was very familiar with PlanetGarth. ;)

Sure we have at times (not many at all) had problems with a very few posters that interferred with the purpose of the site and the enjoyment of the majority but over all we've been able to be much more free than an artist supported site. We've cooperated with Garth's people when they've asked certain things of us but we're not obligated to them in any way. There have been times when we've been able to tell stuff or let stuff be told that an official site would have to control......... like if they dont want certain info out before an official announcement.

So I think we'll stay proudly "unofficial" and complimentary to garthbrooks.com ... but not competition in any way. We'll have our own niche to fill.

that's the way to look at it deb- you would't want to be beholden to his 'official' whim anyway....

Striehl
11-24-2005, 04:31 AM

...oooooooops, shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhame on me! Sure, that was wa typo - I'm on the forums while I'm at work, seems that multi tasking is not really a male characteristic!

Skywise
11-24-2005, 10:09 AM

well, GARTH has built up a bit of a GIRTH around him, though not a 'gerth'

Grin!

Striehl
11-24-2005, 10:24 AM

Grin!

Yeah, pick on me - thanx! :-)

Skywise
11-24-2005, 10:26 AM
Yeah, pick on me - thanx! :-)
:D

GArth's the Girthy one ! (GRIN) you just have fingers like mine.. find they typos they do! (GRIN)

Snow
11-24-2005, 10:27 AM
Hey.... not many of us 40ish people haven't! *lol* Actually it looked like he's dropped quite a few pounds from what I saw of the Times Square performance. He tends to hold weight in his face more than elsewhere though.... but again lots of us age that way. *lol*

Grin!

Striehl
11-24-2005, 10:37 AM
:D

GArth's the Girthy one ! (GRIN) you just have fingers like mine.. find they typos they do! (GRIN)

Fingers like yours? Errrrrrrr, nail varnish is not my common type of body care...

Snow
11-24-2005, 10:39 AM
Now, now boys.... stop the teasing. ;)

Striehl
11-24-2005, 10:43 AM
Guess, that's what friends in low places are all about - some fun!

GBronx
11-24-2005, 11:20 AM
Actually it looked like he's dropped quite a few pounds from what I saw of the Times Square performance.

Garth is not thin as he once was but is thin once as he ever was!! :confused:
LOL (did I get that right?? Oh!! I hate TK!!!) (my lame try at a joke!!) :o

I was there for GMA and Times Square and I saw him up close and personal and he looks so awesome. He is trim and glowing ... peaceful in all that mad rush to and from tons of interviews in the 2-3 days he was in NYC.

To me he always looks heavier on TV then in person more so then most celebrities. It must be his build!!!

Skywise
11-24-2005, 11:30 AM
Fingers like yours? Errrrrrrr, nail varnish is not my common type of body care...
heheh- nor mine!

Garth's aged, he's gained weight- it happens..

it's funny though- say he's gotten fatter, I believe I've used the phrase 'chunked up' before.... and ya get the backlash! it's ok thoguh...

he did say he likes TY's cooking!

Snow
11-24-2005, 11:33 AM
Yeah... he did "chunk up"... or "hunk up" ;).... but you dont think he's slimmed down again? Of course not like he was at 30... but heck... I'd like to look like I did at 30 too.

Striehl
11-24-2005, 11:50 AM
30? 30? Guess, I still remember that...