PDA

View Full Version : New Box Set Comments/Spoilers/Questions for those that have it already! {split}

Tiggerlou94
11-22-2005, 01:02 PM
well, I think the dog can wait a little bit....so listening to the new CD and just LOVE it!!!!!!!!!! Thank You Garth!!

I did track my package and until last night it said "billing info received" and by 7 pm last night it said it was at the ''origin location'' which is about 3 hours from here and then this morning it said ''out for delivery''. I live way up in the mountains so I am actually surprised it got here today.

So far this is classic Garth and with beautiful harmonies by Miss Yearwood, Alison Krause and Martina. I LOVE this!

Take care
Anne

PJ
11-22-2005, 01:05 PM
What song does Trisha sing on? Thanks for the update!

PJ
11-22-2005, 01:13 PM
Thanks for trying, but I couldn't tell what you were pointing out in the bottom right corner. Would you please post a pic of either Sevens or Scarecrow (covers that we know what the original looks like)?

onair
11-22-2005, 01:16 PM
What song does Trisha sing on? Thanks for the update!
Trisha sings background on the following:

That Girl Is A Cowboy
Please Operator
Allison Miranda
Last Night I had The Strangest Dream

MDerin
11-22-2005, 01:17 PM
Oh wow! Trisha's all over this! :D (As it should be :P )

max67401
11-22-2005, 01:19 PM
It is truly a beautiful thing! Got the picture of the empty stadium on the Double Live CD. Had it delivered at work so I would get it asap! Can't wait to get it home and play all of them!

max67401
Salina, Kansas

onair
11-22-2005, 01:21 PM
Ok I think this one is better.

Lafo
11-22-2005, 01:22 PM
What Live Songs are on the DVD???

Location aso...

MDerin
11-22-2005, 01:22 PM
I see what you mean--it says the Limited Series across the bottom. :)

So what's on the DVD? :D

EveryNow&Then
11-22-2005, 01:28 PM
congrats to those who do have their box sets, I'm sure your all in heaven... hopefully WE CAN ALL join you there SOON!!! :D God I'm ready for this.... and that is cool that Trisha is on there so much. I think I may actually be watching the dvd first because to me that is the sweetest thing... and GARTHY dvd to go in my dvd rack, YEAH! Or maybe since I am looking forward to it so much I will watch it last....OR MAYYYYYBBBEEEEEE I'll try to do both at the same time!! :)) Maybe not.....

God bless Garth,
Katie

KUGuitarMonkey
11-22-2005, 01:31 PM
AWESOME!!

Thank you both for posting that you have received the box set! I'm so excited for ya'll!! :)

I hope now that the rest of us will find that in the next day or so, we're getting ours, too. Everyone (myself included) has been a little on edge about UPS. Maybe we jumped the gun for nothing.

sandis
11-22-2005, 01:32 PM

That Girl Is A Cowboy
Please Operator
Allison Miranda
Ohhh... That Girl is a Cowboy. I just knew it had to be her. :)

Congrats Ann!! :D And everyone else that got theirs already, too. :D

PJ
11-22-2005, 01:32 PM
Ok I think this one is better.
Thanks - so they are similar to the first box set covers. Cool!

That Girl Is A Cowboy
Please Operator
Allison Miranda
I figured it would be Trisha on Dream.

Now, about that DVD? ;) Would love to know if the live clips are from previous TV specials or footage we may not have seen before.

Steven75407
11-22-2005, 01:33 PM
yeah, tell us 'bout the DVD!

EveryNow&Then
11-22-2005, 01:35 PM
yeah they are very similair... I think of this box set as the 2nd half to the whole, so it makes sense!

onair
11-22-2005, 01:51 PM
Starts off talking about Ireland and the crowd and the clapping and pointing thing they did during the concert. Garth says that is his favorite live footage to watch...Then it goes into Tearin' It Up & Burning It Down

eric william
11-22-2005, 01:52 PM
Ahhh, I'm soo jealous! Congratulations to those who have received theirs!

KUGuitarMonkey
11-22-2005, 01:55 PM
Ahh, gotta keep myself from reading the rest of this thread. I wanna be somewhat surprised when I get to listen to and watch the CD and DVD! ;)

EveryNow&Then
11-22-2005, 02:00 PM
yeah I think I'm going to have to restrain from this thread... it is the spoiler thread... but I needed just one or two peaks!

onair
11-22-2005, 02:11 PM
He did Reunion Arena and 2 of a Kind.
Central Park Papa Loved Mama
Standing Outside the Fire Video
Texas Stadium Callin Baton Rouge

Onair
Moville, IA

Just uploaded the lost sessions for the radio station. Hopefully the PD will use em.

PJ
11-22-2005, 02:13 PM
OnAir - where are you located? I'm working on a Box Set Received Map (yes, I have some time on my hands. ;) ).

See attached for the current box set delivery map...

Steven75407
11-22-2005, 02:56 PM
tell me more, onair!
There better be a version of FILP on here!

Steven75407
11-22-2005, 02:56 PM
tell me more, onair!
There better be a version of FILP on here!

sandis
11-22-2005, 03:07 PM
Thanks for making me smile, PJ. :D

Brett Dale
11-22-2005, 03:33 PM
He did Reunion Arena and 2 of a Kind.
Central Park Papa Loved Mama
Standing Outside the Fire Video
Texas Stadium Callin Baton Rouge

Onair
Moville, IA

Just uploaded the lost sessions for the radio station. Hopefully the PD will use em.

Could some one post all the details that are on the dvd, and has anyone looked for easter eggs just in case?

CountryBee
11-22-2005, 03:56 PM
Very Nice!, PJ. Glad to know some people are receiveing the Box Set a day early. I guess there is hope for someone out in California. There is a major UPS distribution center in the L. A. area, so, maybe, my Box Set is on its way.
Bee

Snow
11-22-2005, 04:48 PM
This thread is for questions, comments, spoiler info ect.

Some of these posts were split from other threads. This way the other threads only contain the info about shipping and who received them in order to clean up those threads...... and this thread has comments and also questions that might be spoilers for those that dont want to know.

Enjoy!

Brett Dale
11-22-2005, 04:51 PM
This thread is for questions, comments, spoiler info ect.

Some of these posts were split from other threads. This way the other threads only contain the info about shipping and who received them in order to clean up those threads...... and this thread has comments and also questions that might be spoilers for those that dont want to know.

Enjoy!

Has anyone checked for easter eggs? and what is on the dvd and what info is in the booklet?

AronP24
11-22-2005, 05:02 PM
that sux nothin new on the DVD..blah

Mr_Sevens
11-22-2005, 05:04 PM
that sux nothin new on the DVD..blah

ummmm, it's all new to me....not all of us have seen this stuff ;)

plus...no one has stated what the entire DVD consists of yet...we only know a few things

G&TTreknTech77
11-22-2005, 05:04 PM
I don't think that's everything because those songs don't add up to 90 min... and about the dvd... have no fear more will come next christmas.... check the faq on the wm site...

Ryan

AronP24
11-22-2005, 05:08 PM
naa I just watched it....most is footage from the tv specials and videos already released..it's more like an hour long commercial for his stuff...
BTW-Fishin IN the Dark is INSANE! It will be blasting out of my truck for many weeks to come!

Last night I had the strangest drea I ever dreamed before...is pretty cool..kinda reminds me of when he was on his whole world peace kick.. kinda remids me of like a Dylan or Simno and Garfunkel song with some of the lyrics ..the last line is like "to put an end to war"..pretty cool....I'll be the wind is food for the soul music...it reminds me of how I feel when I listen to 'Why Aint I runnin'" and 'That Summer'....The Operator song sounds familiar...

Tiggerlou94
11-22-2005, 05:19 PM
Ok, I have now spent the afternon listening and watching and all I can say is AWESOME! I know some might be disappointed, but not me, THANK YOU GARTH!!!

The booklet to the boxset looks a lot like the one that came with the first box set, with the words to the songs from each album, all the technical stuff and so on and lots of pictures. There is also a booklet inside the Double Live CD with pictures.

The DVD is wonderful and I look forward to what might come sometime next year..........
This DVD has two sections to it, one with music and one with special features.

Music part:

Garth introduces each of the following songs:

Tearing it up (live from Croke Park)
Two of a kind (live from Central Park)
Papa loved mama (live from Central Park)
Standing outside the fire (the video)
Callin' Baton Rouge (live Texas Staduim)
Friends in low places (mixed from live performances, very cool)
Wrapped up in you (the video)
Aint going down (mix from the world tour)

It is very nice to hear Garth talk about each and why he picked those.

The Special Feature Part:

Photo Gallry (done like a slide show to at least 3 Garth songs, might be 4), lots of nice pictures, showing his amazing career.

Bonus Interview on these topics:
Retirement/home life
Touring and performing
Music and influences
New box set

Each section shows several questions on the screen and Garth then answers and talk about it.

I think that is it.

I LOVE the new CD as well and very excited to have more copies of the old ones since mine are getting worn out.

Take care
Anne

PJ
11-22-2005, 05:22 PM
Thanks Anne!

I'm curious, which DL cover is everyone getting in their box sets?

AronP24
11-22-2005, 05:31 PM
i got the epty stadium as well,,,,the ictures on the inside are the best part of te boxset

sandis
11-22-2005, 05:39 PM
Can you tell from the box which cover you're getting? :D

Steven75407
11-22-2005, 05:59 PM
What?! Only 8 songs on the DVD?

G&TTreknTech77
11-22-2005, 06:10 PM
yep the 8 songs would make for the total of 70 songs.... 4 more songs than the first boxed set which had 66...

Here's a nice breakdown (I'm going on info posted here and from the walmart site)

First LImited Series Second Limited Series
66 Songs 70 Songs
3 New 11 new

Very Cool!

Can't wait to get mine!
Ryan

Steven75407
11-22-2005, 06:18 PM
I understand now. I was just thinking there may be more songs on there, and can't believe he didn't select "The Dance." Thats his favorite song! I sure do hope he releases that Texas Stadium Concert on DVD next year since it never made it to VHS.

G&TTreknTech77
11-22-2005, 06:20 PM
Yeah that is very unusual.... I would have thought that would have been one of the composite songs with pieces from multiple shows...

Ryan

Skywise
11-22-2005, 06:24 PM
Ok, I have now spent the afternon listening and watching and all I can say is AWESOME! I know some might be disappointed, but not me, THANK YOU GARTH!!!

all I've looked at so far is the DVD.. I am disappointed, definitely -he has so much more and better performances he COULD have put out..

we'll have to wait for more...

but TIGB, TIGBII, Ireland and back, CP, I mean how many times and variations have we seen those in?

Skywise
11-22-2005, 06:27 PM
mine's here (I thnk I posted that somewhere else!)

you're not goint to be happy...

videos on the DVD.... (all have intros, which may be new)

tearin it up burning it down- Ireland and back

Two of a kind working on a full house- TIGB

papa loved mama - Central Park

SOTF- video from video collection II

callin baton rouge- TIGB2

FILP- Ireland and back

WUIY- video from CMT rotation

Aint going down- TNN concert series footage video

Interviews....

Retirement/home life

touring and performing

music and influences

New Boxed set

photo gallery- a slideshow format like Walmart's page...

UPS is quick- mine already is listed as 'delivered'

Brett Dale
11-22-2005, 06:39 PM
So what songs are peoples favourite????

Skywise
11-22-2005, 06:42 PM
Thanks for trying, but I couldn't tell what you were pointing out in the bottom right corner. Would you please post a pic of either Sevens or Scarecrow (covers that we know what the original looks like)?

PJ= I'm doing Scarecrow as we speak...

Skywise
11-22-2005, 06:55 PM
http://homepage.mac.com/fostersdf/addons/sc.jpg

http://homepage.mac.com/fostersdf/addons/sc-inside.jpg

sorry, the files are 'low ' for small size, and they're still huge!!!

Skywise
11-22-2005, 06:58 PM
Thanks - so they are similar to the first box set covers. Cool!

I figured it would be Trisha on Dream.

Now, about that DVD? ;) Would love to know if the live clips are from previous TV specials or footage we may not have seen before.

you may be disappointed, PJ...

the 'clips' or videos appear to all be from

tigb
tigb2
ireland and back
central park

and SOTF and WUIY are the videos as released on CMT, as is the 'concert footage' video of Aint going down....

Skywise
11-22-2005, 07:00 PM
yep the 8 songs would make for the total of 70 songs.... 4 more songs than the first boxed set which had 66...

Here's a nice breakdown (I'm going on info posted here and from the walmart site)

First LImited Series Second Limited Series
66 Songs 70 Songs
3 New 11 new

Very Cool!

Can't wait to get mine!
Ryan

ahh- but ryan- the first 'set' had 6 new songs..

uptown down home good old boy
this aint' tenessee
which one of htem
anonymous
somethign w/ a ring to it
to make you feel my love- granted, that was 'previously released' but in a way, so was GRC...
PJ- I got the empty stadium cover of DL too- the one I wanted!

Skywise
11-22-2005, 07:29 PM
booklet pics...

Front

http://homepage.mac.com/fostersd/addons/bookfront.jpg

Back

http://homepage.mac.com/fostersd/addons/bookback.jpg

Snow
11-22-2005, 07:32 PM
Scott..... I keep getting this message when I try to look at the pics --- "Our records show that the account you're attempting to connect to either does not exist or is currently inactive."

Garth_FANtasizer
11-22-2005, 07:36 PM
That all sounds GREAT to me! I can't wait to get my hands on it!

I LOVE the concert video from WUIY! How great it's going to be to have these videos on DVD finally!

I'm looking forward to the interview section and a Garth slideshow! WooHoo! I hope he graced us with some butt shots!

What I want the most though is THE MUSIC! The clips he sang on the CMT Unlimited keep running through my head over and over again. They sounded so darn good!

I need it! I want it! I gotta have it!

~Ann~

Snow
11-22-2005, 07:44 PM
Scott..... I figured out what was wrong with your last links. You left the "f" off at the end of fostersdf

So the correct addys would be: http://homepage.mac.com/fostersdf/addons/bookfront.jpg
http://homepage.mac.com/fostersdf/addons/bookback.jpg

Garth_FANtasizer
11-22-2005, 07:49 PM
OOH! I LOVE that pic of him!

~Ann~

AronP24
11-22-2005, 07:51 PM
I had a stinkin suspicion it would all be stuff that most of us have seen over and over again for 15 years...I was expecting more than what Ive seen...I have these tapes already ya know? He's got so much in his "vault" from the second world tour and countless other things...heck they had cameras rolling at the Atlanta show I was at and the CHarlotte show I was at,,,,,I mean anything other than this stuff.,,,maybe I was just expecting something new....walmart DID only get the stuff that's already been out...but theres just so much more out there...he New CD makes it ALL worth it though! BUt the DVD is blah...
ust my .02

Snow
11-22-2005, 08:01 PM
Hey... I'm glad to get the DVD in DVD format instead of the old worn out taped stuff.... plus I can run it on the computer. And I only ever had one of the video tapes anyway. So it's all good with me! :D

And I've heard members post here more than once that they wanted the concert footage in DVD format....... so here it is. He put out the more polished stuff this time. There's time for more odd things later. Again they kind put this together really fast so there wasn't a lot of time to pick and choose.

Mr_Sevens
11-22-2005, 08:12 PM
Scott..... I figured out what was wrong with your last links. You left the "f" off at the end of fostersdf

So the correct addys would be: http://homepage.mac.com/fostersdf/addons/bookfront.jpg
http://homepage.mac.com/fostersdf/addons/bookback.jpg

I see that the back of the booklet says garthbrooks.com.....I think that may mean that the site will go up on Friday when the set is officially released

onair
11-22-2005, 08:30 PM
I would love to see Please Operator released as a single. I think this is country enough for today's radio programming and its a fun enough song that the mass could support. I can see this song being played in a bar on the jukebox and the whole bar singing along.

MulScul36
11-22-2005, 09:08 PM
any news on liner notes, or pictures? anything new included in the lost sessions booklet? i won't be getting my box set til tomorrow (knock on wood) and would love any info! thanks!!

fuzzwuzz
11-22-2005, 09:19 PM
Last night I had the strangest drea I ever dreamed before...is pretty cool..kinda reminds me of when he was on his whole world peace kick..

I don't think he ever left it ;)

Glad you are enjoying it! :)

Planet Adam
11-23-2005, 01:27 AM
I keep seeing references to "Please Operator" as a song of Garth's. I've never seen that on any CD or anything...

Can anyone tell me where I can get a copy, or at least listen to it?

Mr_Sevens
11-23-2005, 01:37 AM
I keep seeing references to "Please Operator" as a song of Garth's. I've never seen that on any CD or anything...

Can anyone tell me where I can get a copy, or at least listen to it?

that is a song on The Lost Sessions CD that comes with the new boxed set that will be released in Walmart stores on Friday

Striehl
11-23-2005, 09:27 AM
Thank y'all for all of this, I simply can not wait to get my hands on it, when it's been shipped over the big pond - once again: thank you Paula!

Skywise
11-23-2005, 09:48 AM
that is a song on The Lost Sessions CD that comes with the new boxed set that will be released in Walmart stores on Friday

that's true- the title of the song (officially) is

Please Operator (could you trace this call)

TexasCowboy
11-23-2005, 01:32 PM
Are you satisfied or a little dissapointed?

Overall, I think its a good value. Besides my Scarecrow cd missing out of my set. I was a little dissapointed in the lost sessions cd. GRC and Fishin in the Dark re the best songs on here. But I have to say overall Im pleased and I cant wait for more from Garth.

Ilovecountry
11-23-2005, 02:54 PM
Are you satisfied or a little dissapointed?

Overall, I think its a good value. Besides my Scarecrow cd missing out of my set. I was a little dissapointed in the lost sessions cd. GRC and Fishin in the Dark re the best songs on here. But I have to say overall Im pleased and I cant wait for more from Garth.

Myself, honestly I am very pleased with the boxed set. No matter how you look at it, for the price, it's an incredible value. Myself, and I hate to admit this, was more of a mainstream and "Double-Live" Garth fan so the inclusion of Sevens and Scarecrow is great since i've never really listened to either at any great length. The Double-Live CD is great as I could use a backup and before today, they were so expensive to get by themself. The dvd...I do feel a little cheated with that but it's better than nothing and that preformance of Papa Loved Mama makes me hungry for the whole concert! (The Ireland preformance of Tearin' it Up was also great).

As far as the Lost Sessions cd is -- i'll admit that I am very impressed with it. Of course, any new Garth is great to hear and maybe that's adding to why I like it so much but I just feel it's a nice collection of songs. I really can't think of any song on it that I hate...I only listened through it quickly once before I tore into the other contents of the box but I remember That Girl is a Cowboy, American Dream, I'll Be The Wind, My Baby N Esta Aqui, I'd Rather Have Nothing and Allison Miranda being incredible.

In short, to answer your question, I am VERY happy with my purchase and this has certainly made my day, making this smile on my face beam from ear to ear and Lord knows, I needed that! =)

Let me add, I am IN LOVE with the song That Girl Is A Cowboy -- wow, this song gives me goosebumps....it's such an incredible song and him singing it just sounds....incredible. The lyrics...his voice...Trisha's backups...the instruments....that sweet violin...it all comes together perfect.

PJ
11-23-2005, 02:57 PM
I'm curious when the new lyrics from the Lost Sessions will be added to PG. ;)

TexasCowboy
11-23-2005, 03:15 PM
ILoveCountry , I agree with you about the song...That Girl Is a Cowboy. I like that one too. So my favorites are GRC, That Girl Is a Cowboy, and Fishin in the Dark. My baby is an older song so its kinda old to me. The song that I am not impressed with on Lost Sessions is American Dream.

PJ
11-23-2005, 03:22 PM
Is everyone getting the empty arena DL cover in their box set?

queeniek414
11-23-2005, 03:24 PM
I no there are 3 new covers for double live but do they have diffrent pictures on the inside?

TexasCowboy
11-23-2005, 03:26 PM
Yes, Ive seen plenty of posts where it seems that everyone got the arena empty arena cover.

PJ
11-23-2005, 03:26 PM
I know there are 3 new covers for double live but do they have diffrent pictures on the inside?
I expect the inserts are the same, just the covers are different.

Just wondering if anyone who purchased more than one set might be able to confirm if they are all the same DL cover.

Monica Lockhart
11-23-2005, 03:30 PM
I got the empty arena cover also...

Love the pictures inside!!!

eric william
11-23-2005, 03:31 PM
I also got the empy stadium cover of double live. The inserts in "Lost Sessions" and "All Access" are a single sheet of paper, printed on both sides ofcourse. Wow, "Lost Sessions" c.d. is incredible. Absolutely incredible.

eric william
11-23-2005, 03:41 PM
The American Dream is a great song, although I wish it was a little bit longer. Nice little tune though.

queeniek414
11-23-2005, 04:17 PM
Thanks i had the emptey arena 2 i wonder if all pre-orders got the same one?

eric william
11-23-2005, 04:31 PM
On the all access dvd, I love how the dubbed three different live performances of F.I.L.P. together. It's pretty sweet. I love this box set! Thanks Garth!

pro_magnum
11-23-2005, 04:50 PM
-Back when the original came out in 1998, I think that every million copy of Double Live was sold, the cover changed. Maybe it is going to be the same as it was back then.

-I just got my box set this afternoon. I love it completely! The olny thing I don't like about it is that the Chris Gaines album isn't in it. I know it was produced by a different producer, but that shouldn't change anything.

G&TTreknTech77
11-23-2005, 05:01 PM
pro_magnum,

The CG album is not being produced as part of the walmart deal. It does not appear in his discography on the walmart page and is not open for purchase there (although older copies are still at places like Amazon)

It looks like Garth has put that one to bed for a while.

Ryan

Skywise
11-23-2005, 05:12 PM
pro_magnum,

The CG album is not being produced as part of the walmart deal. It does not appear in his discography on the walmart page and is not open for purchase there (although older copies are still at places like Amazon)

Ryan

rightly so I'd have to say... not many were ready for it...

Eric- is that on the FILP video? the merged em? I've not watched my DVD yet.... all the way through

pro_magnum
11-23-2005, 05:16 PM
Well I think it should've. In the future, it may start selling like crazy. Future generations would want to know "what was he thinking?"

AronP24
11-23-2005, 05:16 PM
werent the pictures in the empty stadium DL booklet awsome????? I like the one of him and Trisha in thier hockey jerseys...WHAT I FIND VERY INTERESTING THOUGH is how in the thank you's he still thanks Sandi as his wife....you woulda thought they would have deleted that or changed it....so I really guessing that these covers were made when the originals came out????

DonHouston
11-23-2005, 05:20 PM
werent the pictures in the empty stadium DL booklet awsome????? I like the one of him and Trisha in thier hockey jerseys...WHAT I FIND VERY INTERESTING THOUGH is how in the thank you's he still thanks Sandi as his wife....you woulda thought they would have deleted that or changed it....so I really guessing that these covers were made when the originals came out????

I think he said that because he and Sandy are still friends. In fact I believe they live next door to each other

eric william
11-23-2005, 05:25 PM
rightly so I'd have to say... not many were ready for it...

Eric- is that on the FILP video? the merged em? I've not watched my DVD yet.... all the way through

Scott,

Yes, they merged: Croke Park, Ireland; Central Park, N.Y,; and Reunion Areana, Texas, all together in the friends in low places video to make one concert. It's pretty cool and they dubbed it just right so the song flows perfectly.

pro_magnum
11-23-2005, 05:35 PM
When I watched it, I didn't see any Texas Stadium footage in Friends.

CoCoEyes4U
11-23-2005, 05:50 PM

It doesnt superise me that he didnt deleat anything from his covers. I beleive till this day , he is STILL thankful for all that she did, and still does. When I watch him in his interview for this boxed set, he was/is very sincere about how he feels about his ex-wife Sandy. What works for some may not work for others. I see them as truely blessed about how they can work their lives the way that they do, its very refreshing that they, Garth and Sandy, as well as Trisha, make sure the kids are taken care of mentally, physically, and spiritually. Seems like they all work things out just great. Garth in his own words even said that he spoken Sandy BEFORE he asked Trisha to marry him. Now tell me how many people would of done that? The man has class and is blessed more times over. He cares about others from what I can see and hear. :)

Snow
11-23-2005, 06:03 PM
Yep... I'm always happy to see how well Garth and Sandy still get along. It's so good for the kids. They should give other celebs workshops on how to handle divorce and life after divorce. I'm happy for him and Trisha... but I'm also happy that they can all get along so well. Garth thinks Sandy is a great person and a great friend... and I think she's a VERY classy lady.

ANYWAY........ here's my comments so far on my box set.....

Well I got mine a few hours ago. Listened to the new CD in the car and I LOVVVVVVVE it.

I just got through looking at the DVD and while I understand that some might be disappointed by his choices for the music videos... I have to say I enjoyed it very much. I ESPECIALLY loved the picture slideshow. They picked some good music to go with it.

They didn't do a good job with the interviews as they keep cutting him off at the end in some of the segments and there wasnt anything there that we hadn't heard.

I wish there had been some kind of surprise in the DVD... a special message or inside message.

I also wish there had been something about the people in Stillwater... maybe an update on what they're doing.

But over all I'm VERY happy with my box set.

AronP24
11-23-2005, 06:05 PM
well it just said "my wife sandi" in it

Skywise
11-23-2005, 06:07 PM

that's my guess... that they were 'new' but really weren't 'new' if ya know what I mean...

BLL
11-23-2005, 07:53 PM
I like the fact he didn't change the 'thank-yous' in the booklet; in fact I'd been disappointed if he had changed them from the original CDs. I also liked the way he thanked the Yearwoods and Bernards on the 'Lost Session' thank you.

G&TTreknTech77
11-23-2005, 08:02 PM
Who are the Bernards?

I also want to add my informative comment, The Lost Sessions ROCKS!!! My favorite songs are Allison Miranda and I'll be the Wind.

I hope I'll be the wind is a single!

Ryan

perryc99
11-23-2005, 08:07 PM
UPS delivered the set today..I love the new album and box set. The DVD rocks...so does Garth..Please let me know when and where he is performing..Count me in..

Mr_Sevens
11-23-2005, 08:28 PM
I don't care what anyone says,,,the DVD is AWESOME! I love it and will watch it many more times.

The Lost Sessions so far is awesome...THat Girl is a Cowboy is very very cool and so is Fishin In The Dark...I'll try and post what I like about all of them once I listen to them all

CoCoEyes4U
11-23-2005, 08:43 PM
Boy about two hours ago i was complaing about the messed up booklet...FORGET.....this box set is awesome. The concert clips and the insight he told of each was great. I loved how they did a photo retro-spect with his music in the backround. My fav photo of him is leaning next to the horse trailer. The LOST SESSIONS....wow.....very back to country sound. And the song..FOR A MINUTE THERE, with Krauss was amazing. Her back up vocals are so smooth and lovely with his deep voice.
But as you watch the DVD, you can see he seems kinda itchy for the stage again....ITCH ITCH...would ya ! lol.....

darkcountry
11-23-2005, 08:56 PM
I just can't enough of this song! It just feels so unfinished like he started the track, and did maybe the opening or Chorus and decided to chuck it, until now when he included it on this set. What does everyone else think, do you feel this song is finished or only partially done? Its sound is a lot like Belleau Woods.

darkcountry
11-23-2005, 09:01 PM
Actually listening to it again, I even hear some Fields of Gold in it.

GBronx
11-23-2005, 09:04 PM
Is everyone getting the empty arena DL cover in their box set?

I got the empty arena also.
I did order more then one boxed set but I'm giving them as gifts so I'm not opening the others!! Might be a mistake!!!

MDerin
11-23-2005, 09:08 PM
Who are the Bernards?

Aren't the Bernards Trisha's sister's family?

Mr_Sevens
11-23-2005, 09:11 PM
ok...as I was listening to "I'll Be The Wind" from The Lost Sessions I was following along with the lyrics in the book and noticed that the song has a copyright date of 2005....does this mean that this is a newly recorded song? I'm confused....

Mr_Sevens
11-23-2005, 09:21 PM
I got Empty Stadium cover too...did anyone get a different one?

I'm LOVING this set!

CoCoEyes4U
11-23-2005, 09:36 PM
Am I loosing my mind or what? I was going through the back section where they give all the credits to the past and present CDs....
Does he call one of his kids colleen???Thought it was Taylor, August and Allie...

And for the love of pete...AronP24....Sandy is with a Y, NOT I :P

G&TTreknTech77
11-23-2005, 09:39 PM
She's going by her middle name now....

Ryan

viabreakingfree
11-23-2005, 09:57 PM
Hey--why doesn't the double live have the LIMITED SERIES mark on the bottom right of the cd cover?

Mr_Sevens
11-23-2005, 10:00 PM
Hey--why doesn't the double live have the LIMITED SERIES mark on the bottom right of the cd cover?

I noticed that too...oh well, doesn't really bother me though...

G&TTreknTech77
11-23-2005, 10:01 PM
I think because each Double Live is already a limited Commemerative thing...

Ryan

Skywise
11-23-2005, 10:38 PM
UPS delivered the set today..I love the new album and box set. The DVD rocks...so does Garth..Please let me know when and where he is performing..Count me in..

when? not anytime soon

Where? as a father to his girls

unfortunately, that's it

dee12682
11-23-2005, 10:53 PM
On the back of the book there is a "garthbrooks.com" promotion. If its on the book i would think the website would be up and running by the time it is officially released. ya?

Mr_Sevens
11-23-2005, 11:00 PM
On the back of the book there is a "garthbrooks.com" promotion. If its on the book i would think the website would be up and running by the time it is officially released. ya?

yeah...I think the website will go up on Friday when the set is released

Skywise
11-23-2005, 11:02 PM
yeah...I think the website will go up on Friday when the set is released

hmmm... anything's possible!~

Jim Morris
11-23-2005, 11:21 PM
Does anyone have some of the new lyrics? I will not be able to get mine until Friday.

sandis
11-23-2005, 11:25 PM
Who are the Bernards?
Ryan
The Bernard's are Trisha's sister and her family. :)

EveryNow&Then
11-23-2005, 11:30 PM
wellllllllllll I have to say I love it.............. So far my favorite are fishin in the dark, I love his version and think he could really make a hit out of it.... and I really love For A Minute There, very kewl... I haven't really gotten a lot further than that because we have company.... anyway, very nice and I'll be back after Thanksgiving in more detail...

Katie

Skywise
11-23-2005, 11:56 PM
the box set DVD is growing on me- I was disappointed in the lack of stuf there, but hte intros by garth make the 'videos' (really concert footage minus SOTF , WUIY and AGDTTSCU...) worth it..

Garth still can 'make me smile'

DonHouston
11-24-2005, 12:03 AM
Two Really good Thumbs up!! I am very impressed

G&TTreknTech77
11-24-2005, 01:28 AM
The DVD Transfers of the concerts look wonderful!!!!

And Garth said they weren't high enough quality for DVD!

Also, the mixed FILP is very very cool!!!

Ryan

Skywise
11-24-2005, 01:38 AM
The DVD Transfers of the concerts look wonderful!!!!

And Garth said they weren't high enough quality for DVD!

Also, the mixed FILP is very very cool!!!

Ryan
yeah they do- So, who was lying/not telling the truth? Garth? the label? both? neither?

Because the concert footage clearly is quality enough and high enough to convert to DVD!

Scott

eric william
11-24-2005, 01:50 AM
Yeah, that is exactly what I was thinking of as I watched "Callin' Baton Rouge" because I remember reading where people said they were told that concerts from the NBC Specials and such, were not taped with the right film or whatever to be DVD quality. You could have fooled me. It looked great. Hopefully there are much much more Garth concerts coming to DVD.

DavidN
11-24-2005, 06:28 AM
I just got the first "Limited Series" box in the mail today will probably be Christmas by the time the new one gets here

Striehl
11-24-2005, 07:17 AM
I loved the song "Fischin in the dark" when I first heard it from Nitty Gritty Dirt Band and I still love it today, I just can't wait to hear one of may all time favorite songs from Garth!

Mr_Sevens
11-24-2005, 10:50 AM
here is a comment on the boxed set about something that I think would have been cool if it had been done.

Instead of the cardboard slip that was put in as the cover for The Lost Sessions I think it would have been very cool if they had put an actual booklet with a short paragraph written by Garth telling a little about the song, what album it was recorded for and why it was never included.

Skywise
11-24-2005, 10:52 AM
here is a comment on the boxed set about something that I think would have been cool if it had been done.

Instead of the cardboard slip that was put in as the cover for The Lost Sessions I think it would have been very cool if they had put an actual booklet with a short paragraph written by Garth telling a little about the song, what album it was recorded for and why it was never included.

exactly- that's somethign else I was a bit disappointed in- almost as if the songs were just 'thrown together' w/o meaning and put in there as bait, get the public to buy.... b ut pay attention to the details... people are interested in this.. in knowing where the songs were supposed to be album wise, etc..

guesses anyone as to where?

Striehl
11-24-2005, 10:54 AM
Is there no such information in the booklet, that comes with the boxed set?

Mr_Sevens
11-24-2005, 10:57 AM
Is there no such information in the booklet, that comes with the boxed set?

nope...the only thing in the boxed set book are lyrics to the songs.

there is also a short intro in the beginning of the book written by Garth but it is kind of random...it is the story of what inspired "That Girl is A Cowboy" but that is the only story in the whole book and you really wouldn't even know that was what inspired the song unless someone told you or you watched the CMT special...

Sevens, Scarecrow, DVD, and Lost Sessions all have cardboard inserts...Double Live is the only thing with an actual booklet

Striehl
11-24-2005, 11:01 AM
Hm, that sounds to me, as if someone wants to omit to admit, that the songs may be "old" stuff. Nothing bad for me, but maybe for some mainstream consumers, 'cause: old = bad!

gbfevernorway
11-24-2005, 11:38 AM
Hi

I am keeping myself uninformed. I want the set to be "new" when I recieve it. Therefore I am not reading any threads. But I do have an question.

The DVD. What region code is it? 0 or 1? If it is zone 1 I will need to go shopping for a DVD-player or do something with my computer. If it is sone 0 or no sone, I am good.

Could somebody please PM me the info? Thanks. :)

Mr_Sevens
11-24-2005, 11:49 AM
Hi

I am keeping myself uninformed. I want the set to be "new" when I recieve it. Therefore I am not reading any threads. But I do have an question.

The DVD. What region code is it? 0 or 1? If it is zone 1 I will need to go shopping for a DVD-player or do something with my computer. If it is sone 0 or no sone, I am good.

Could somebody please PM me the info? Thanks. :)

I THINK it is region 1 but I'm not completely sure, it might be region free...it doesn't really say anywhere...but considering it was released in the US and Canada I will assume it is region 1

fuzzwuzz
11-24-2005, 12:58 PM
pro_magnum,

Ryan

Yeah! With me!! ;)

fuzzwuzz
11-24-2005, 01:03 PM
there is also a short intro in the beginning of the book written by Garth but it is kind of random...it is the story of what inspired "That Girl is A Cowboy" but that is the only story in the whole book and you really wouldn't even know that was what inspired the song unless someone told you or you watched the CMT special...

That's not true. I knew because of Richie Brown. And I shared it among Garth fans who just didn't seem to want to hear about it. I'm glad though that Richie and Jerrod are finally getting their day. I believe I will too. :)

PJ
11-24-2005, 01:23 PM
I love the Photo Gallery and the fact that Garth used How Ya Ever Gonna Know as one of the songs. It's one of my all time favorite songs yet never hear much about it from other fans.

I'm hoping some of those photos are included in the other DL covers.

Skywise
11-24-2005, 01:50 PM
That's not true. I knew because of Richie Brown. And I shared it among Garth fans who just didn't seem to want to hear about it. I'm glad though that Richie and Jerrod are finally getting their day. I believe I will too. :)
don't remember ya sharing it w/ me dale!

Skywise
11-24-2005, 01:51 PM
I love the Photo Gallery and the fact that Garth used How Ya Ever Gonna Know as one of the songs. It's one of my all time favorite songs yet never hear much about it from other fans.

I'm hoping some of those photos are included in the other DL covers.
I'm willing to bet that they will be- a lot are previously released/available pictures.....

but there are the ones from the empty arena cover..... I'll bet they'll be available

fuzzwuzz
11-24-2005, 02:05 PM
Richie shared it with us at his live Yahoo gigs. And I know I shared it as best I could here and at AG and the Garthbox but nobody seemed to be listening and it got very frustrating to me for Richie not getting the notice he deserves from the Garth fans. Y'all mostly passed him by, when he's the closest thing to Garth I'd ever known. I'm glad I stuck by him as a friend first. And as one "best cowboy" myself ;)

Skywise
11-24-2005, 02:26 PM
Richie shared it with us at his live Yahoo gigs. And I know I shared it as best I could here and at AG and the Garthbox but nobody seemed to be listening and it got very frustrating to me for Richie not getting the notice he deserves from the Garth fans. Y'all mostly passed him by, when he's the closest thing to Garth I'd ever known. I'm glad I stuck by him as a friend first. And as one "best cowboy" myself ;)

Dale- I can email you about things w/ regards to everyting- I don't spend all my time on yahoo, never had the chance to hear one of richie's gigs...

I don't remember it beingshared on sites but that's possible- I am a busy person- the g-box... I've come back to that recently...

I never passed Richie by.. if I had, i wouldn't have the 3 cd's he's offered.

fuzzwuzz
11-24-2005, 02:43 PM
And that's great!!

Skywise
11-24-2005, 03:24 PM
Well, dale, my post was censored w/o notification- I found that remark from your last post prior to your latest reply offensive..

some may have passed richie by- i didn't.. I'm glad he has his moment as a writer/cowriter of 2 song for Garth on this.. that's awesome...

nuff said

Garthmedic
11-24-2005, 05:48 PM
Scott,

Could you do all this by PM? I don't think we all want to read this.

I'm making this public so everyone knows that when somebody writes something that you find to be upsetting, it is best to take things to PM, rather than air your dirty laundry in public.

If you want to respond to ME personally, please do so by PM.

Lastly, as written in our guidelines...

Moderatorís Role in Enforcing the Guidelines...

If a Moderator deems necessary, posts will be edited for content or removed entirely. Should this occur, you may be notified via PGís Private Message System. If you do not use the PM feature, you will not be notified of any actions.

"May" is the key word here. Offenders MAY or MAY NOT always get notification.

--spud--:)

ZooPal32
11-24-2005, 07:04 PM
Snarf,snarf,snarf

ZooPal32
11-24-2005, 07:05 PM
I mean Garth, Garth, Garth

Skywise
11-24-2005, 09:23 PM
Scott,

Could you do all this by PM? I don't think we all want to read this.

I'm making this public so everyone knows that when somebody writes something that you find to be upsetting, it is best to take things to PM, rather than air your dirty laundry in public.

If you want to respond to ME personally, please do so by PM.

Lastly, as written in our guidelines...

"May" is the key word here. Offenders MAY or MAY NOT always get notification.

--spud--:)
:rolling: spud, this could have been handled on a PM.. thanks for the lack of faith...

don't worry i won't reply again- but I know where my stuff was censored from then...

ZooPal32
11-25-2005, 06:48 AM
I think Garth could and should have done a better job of putting some new songs together for us. At first I disagreed with all the people who claimed that this was just a way to sell another copy of Sevens, Scarecrow, and Double Live(which I got an old copy of, not a new one) Firstly I love the few actual new songs that are on here. We all have heard Last Night I Had The Strangest Dream on VH1, Fishing In The Dark a Nitty Gritty Dirt Band song, although done well, and then there are two songs sung by Ty England from his second album. I love Garth and his music but I again have to unfortunatly agree this is just a ploy to sell albums.(AGAIN) I have yet to watch the DVD as I was up early fighting the Wal Mart crowd and also looking like an idiot trying to find that Snowman song. Which by the way would have made more sense on this album than a CD single since it is a new song. Lost Sessions should have been songs recorded from earlier in his music career, and not songs that were already recorded. Make an album of songs that Garth likes to sing like Empty Chairs, or Fishing In The Dark and call it Covers or something. But make it worth while, also don't put a song with thirteen words in it a tell me there are 11 new songs.

PJ
11-25-2005, 11:18 AM
I am so happy Garth included Last Night I Had the Strangest Dream on this CD as I have loved it since I heard it on the David Frost special but my old video tapes will only last so long.

Skywise
11-25-2005, 11:36 AM
I am so happy Garth included Last Night I Had the Strangest Dream on this CD as I have loved it since I heard it on the David Frost special but my old video tapes will only last so long.

I hear ya on that on PJ!

Skywise
11-25-2005, 11:37 AM
I think Garth could and should have done a better job of putting some new songs together for us. At first I disagreed with all the people who claimed that this was just a way to sell another copy of Sevens, Scarecrow, and Double Live(which I got an old copy of, not a new one) Firstly I love the few actual new songs that are on here. We all have heard Last Night I Had The Strangest Dream on VH1, Fishing In The Dark a Nitty Gritty Dirt Band song, although done well, and then there are two songs sung by Ty England from his second album. I love Garth and his music but I again have to unfortunatly agree this is just a ploy to sell albums.(AGAIN) I have yet to watch the DVD as I was up early fighting the Wal Mart crowd and also looking like an idiot trying to find that Snowman song. Which by the way would have made more sense on this album than a CD single since it is a new song. Lost Sessions should have been songs recorded from earlier in his music career, and not songs that were already recorded. Make an album of songs that Garth likes to sing like Empty Chairs, or Fishing In The Dark and call it Covers or something. But make it worth while, also don't put a song with thirteen words in it a tell me there are 11 new songs.
good post Zoo- I think Jim's got a lot of explaining to do to a lt of garth fans for his cowardly actions..

but that being said- I agree w/ your assessment on the cd set!

ZooPal32
11-25-2005, 12:50 PM
Thanks Sky. I'm still happy Garth made something new and I will listen to it joyfully but I just wish there was a little more new stuff.

Mr_Sevens
11-25-2005, 12:52 PM

I don't agree with that...I think the boxed set is great...The Lost Sessions has easily become one of my favorite albums....I still don't understand the complaints about the cover songs, they are still Garth and not all of us have heard those songs ;)

FIshin in The Dark is the only song on the album I have ever heard before and I think Garth's version is better

Garth_FANtasizer
11-25-2005, 01:23 PM
Just to name a few, these are also cover songs on Garth's CD's. I'd say Garth has made them his own. Whats the big deal?

Callin' Baton Rouge
Shameless
To Make You Feel My Love
Dixie Chicken
Squeeze Me In

~Ann~

PJ
11-25-2005, 01:24 PM
Walkin' After Midnight

ZooPal32
11-25-2005, 01:39 PM
It's not a big deal, I love Garth as much as you guys, he could have been singing product jingles and I would have bought them. It's just that I think Lost Sessions, I think stuff from before Garth Brooks, No Fences, Ropin' The Wind, The Chase, In Pieces, Fresh Horses, Sevens, and Scarecrow. I like the actual new songs, but to tell me they are lost I would have to say thats a lie, 2 songs were recorded by Ty England, one was a Nitty Gritty Dirt Band, and like I said one was very short and one we have all heard before as it was a remake also. I like all the songs on Sessions old and new, but I thought this was a place we all shared and communicated.

SnowsGirl
11-25-2005, 02:04 PM
Me and mom just got our box set and are really happy. :D :)
As soon as we got it I grabed the Dubble live CD and starte lisining to "The Thunder Rools", "Fritnds in Low Places", "Tearin' it Up", "Standing Outside the Fire", "Callin' Baton Rouge" and all the other awome songs! :) :D

Paula
11-25-2005, 02:11 PM
Me and mom just got our box set "Our"?...does your mom know she's sharing this with you?:p

Paula

SnowsGirl
11-25-2005, 02:19 PM
"Our"?...does your mom know she's sharing this with you?:p

Paula

*LOL* Yea... but now I'm startin to drive her nuts becauce I keep asking for the "Dubble Live" CD.

Steven75407
11-25-2005, 02:23 PM
I JUST LOVE IT! The new DVD and CD are awesome. I love that song "I'll Be The Wind!" And his version of "Fishing in the Dark" is even better than the original. I hope it becomes a single!

ZooPal32
11-25-2005, 02:36 PM
Fishing in the dark is great, I like For A Minute There

Skywise
11-25-2005, 05:03 PM
Thanks Sky. I'm still happy Garth made something new and I will listen to it joyfully but I just wish there was a little more new stuff.

I agree with ya wholeheartedly there- heck, Garth fans wouldd love to hear even the demos, alternate versions (ala the storytellers 'alternate' That summer), outtakees, mistakes, etc.. that would all sell for garth fans...

Skywise
11-25-2005, 05:04 PM
Just to name a few, these are also cover songs on Garth's CD's. I'd say Garth has made them his own. Whats the big deal?

Callin' Baton Rouge
Shameless
To Make You Feel My Love
Dixie Chicken
Squeeze Me In

~Ann~
some like truly GARTH and not as much garth doing other people, I guess ann

Skywise
11-25-2005, 05:06 PM
It's not a big deal, I love Garth as much as you guys, he could have been singing product jingles and I would have bought them. It's just that I think Lost Sessions, I think stuff from before Garth Brooks, No Fences, Ropin' The Wind, The Chase, In Pieces, Fresh Horses, Sevens, and Scarecrow. I like the actual new songs, but to tell me they are lost I would have to say thats a lie, 2 songs were recorded by Ty England, one was a Nitty Gritty Dirt Band, and like I said one was very short and one we have all heard before as it was a remake also. I like all the songs on Sessions old and new, but I thought this was a place we all shared and communicated.
it is a place where you share and communicate, Zoo, but there are some rabid ones here who will bite your head off if you say the slightest thign against Garth, or bring a sense of reality into their fantasy of what garth is and isnt'.... ) *(and no Ann, i'm not picking on you w/ the fantasy line.. that's hte best way i could think of to put it)

Snow
11-25-2005, 05:20 PM
Scott is right...... it IS a place to discuss both pros and cons... but I don't think that just because someone disagrees with someone else it equals getting their head bit off. She just disagreed and said why.

Myself... well I'm mixed on it as of yet. I'm really enjoying the new CD but I dont find myself playing it as continuously as I played say Sevens or even Scarecrow when they came out. But like some other members have mentioned... sometimes the songs take a while to grow on me. Whether it's a cover or not doesn't make much of a difference to me though. Covers can be great as long as the artist makes them his or her own. I think Garth does that well enough with Fishin' and it is one of the ones that I have enjoyed listening to multiple times.

IsabellaB
11-25-2005, 10:10 PM
I JUST LOVE IT! The new DVD and CD are awesome. I love that song "I'll Be The Wind!" And his version of "Fishing in the Dark" is even better than the original. I hope it becomes a single!

I don't have the box set yet. I heard a demo cd in Nashville a couple of years ago called "I'll Be The wind."
It was a beautiful, haunting love song about a man telling his love that if God took him,he would still be there with her, and when the wind blew, it would be him.

I never forgot the song, and hoped someone would finally record it. Does this sound like the same song? If so,that song alone would be worth the price of the box set, it was that gorgeous!

Skywise
11-25-2005, 10:46 PM
Scott is right...... it IS a place to discuss both pros and cons... but I don't think that just because someone disagrees with someone else it equals getting their head bit off. She just disagreed and said why. Snow- I never said Ann did.. In fact hte only reason I mentioned her name was to make the point that I WASNT referring to her, I just used the term 'fantasy' in my post- and dind't want to confuse it w/ her sign on name- snow, you have to read my posts better! :D

Myself... well I'm mixed on it as of yet. I'm really enjoying the new CD but I dont find myself playing it as continuously as I played say Sevens or even Scarecrow when they came out. But like some other members have mentioned... sometimes the songs take a while to grow on me. Whether it's a cover or not doesn't make much of a difference to me though. Covers can be great as long as the artist makes them his or her own. I think Garth does that well enough with Fishin' and it is one of the ones that I have enjoyed listening to multiple times.
I still like 'the strangest dream' the best

fuzzwuzz
11-25-2005, 11:25 PM
I don't have the box set yet. I heard a demo cd in Nashville a couple of years ago called "I'll Be The wind."
It was a beautiful, haunting love song about a man telling his love that if God took him,he would still be there with her, and when the wind blew, it would be him.

I never forgot the song, and hoped someone would finally record it. Does this sound like the same song? If so,that song alone would be worth the price of the box set, it was that gorgeous!

Yes it is! I love it! And it's making me want to catch some of that wind and try to fly again as I did with Chris Gaines.

fuzzwuzz
11-25-2005, 11:26 PM
I still like 'the strangest dream' the best

That one too!!

forevergarthfan
11-26-2005, 10:51 AM
I have noticed that everyone is saying that they got the empty stadium cover. Was just wondering if anyone had gotten a different one. I got the "Last Show" cover with the band and Garth bowiing on stage at the end of their last show.

Skywise
11-26-2005, 10:55 AM
did you buy in stores or preorder?

forevergarthfan
11-26-2005, 11:12 AM
did you buy in stores or preorder?
I bought it at the store.... I also bought 2 others that wanted to keep closed but now I'm itching to see what cover is in those.

GBheartandsoul
11-26-2005, 05:03 PM
I love the boxed set!!! I've really enjoyed listening to The Lost Sessions and watching the dvd. All the songs are great, but my favorite has to be "Last Night I Had The Strangest Dream". I can understand that some people wanted more "new" songs on the cd, but for me it's really nice to hear Garth's version of those songs. And no I don't think it's just some ploy just to increase record sales. I have no doubt that Garth put a great deal of thought, heart and sincerity into this project and that he wanted this to be a wonderful experience and value for his fans. I'm sorry some people are disappointed, but I hope you can still enjoy it in some fashion.

Loved the dvd, though I wished there was more performances and that there was some behind the scene footage . I love watching that kind of stuff on other dvds. The way they integrated the various footage for FILP was nicely done. Enjoyed Garth's comments before each performance/video and the Q&A was nice although as someone mentioned a lot of it was stuff we've heard before, but still good. Absolutely loved the photo gallery. The songs that were chosen were perfect. Very personal and meaningful. "Standing Outside The Fire", "The River, "How You Ever Gonna Know"(very happy that song was included) and ending quite fittingly with "When You Come Back To Me Again". The photos were wonderful and watching them I felt happy, nostalgic and hopeful about him coming back.

Can't wait for what comes out of the vault next.

Seira:)

Skywise
11-26-2005, 06:04 PM
It's still growing on me, and growing a lot- it's not arth's best- obviously...

but its' getting better w/ each listen!

MikeSmith
11-28-2005, 08:21 PM
I bought my "boxed set" on Friday and tried to return it to Sams Club today. They refused. They have a policy against returned CDs.

I listened to all 5 cds and watched the DVD. Here's my review;

The new cds are marginal at best. These are songs that did not make it to one of Garth's previous CDs. Folks, there is a reason why they were not included on any of his previous CDs. There are one or two decent songs on each of Sevens, Sessions, and Scarecrow, but the quality I have come to expect from Garth is not there. Most of the songs are boring, standard, run-of-the-mill songs.

The double live CDs are poor in sound quality, Garth's vocals are weak and uneven, and the mix between the band, vocals, and crowd noise is marginal. If this were a double live DVD, it would be acceptable because the visual show he does is stunning! The concert visual for this live CD would more than make up for the weak production. For some reason, the studio decided that the entire live production needed an upper-mid boost on the overall EQ. That works for TVs, but not for decent sound systems.

The DVD is OK. It is interesting, even if it is a re-hash of previous info and videos. The one thing it sorely missed was his "flying" in the Dallas Concert. That is one of the most intense, exciting, and un-nerving performances ever recorded during a concert. Why wasn't it included on this DVD?

Overall, the Limited Series is a no-go. If you can find it for $12-$15, buy it; otherwise, I would not waste my money on it, unless you are a dyed in the wool fan AND you have a crappy sound system for the live CDs.

You'll probably see my Boxed edition on Ebay. :(

Mr_Sevens
11-28-2005, 09:01 PM
I bought my "boxed set" on Friday and tried to return it to Sams Club today. They refused. They have a policy against returned CDs.

I listened to all 5 cds and watched the DVD. Here's my review;

The new cds are marginal at best. These are songs that did not make it to one of Garth's previous CDs. Folks, there is a reason why they were not included on any of his previous CDs. There are one or two decent songs on each of Sevens, Sessions, and Scarecrow, but the quality I have come to expect from Garth is not there. Most of the songs are boring, standard, run-of-the-mill songs.

The double live CDs are poor in sound quality, Garth's vocals are weak and uneven, and the mix between the band, vocals, and crowd noise is marginal. If this were a double live DVD, it would be acceptable because the visual show he does is stunning! The concert visual for this live CD would more than make up for the weak production. For some reason, the studio decided that the entire live production needed an upper-mid boost on the overall EQ. That works for TVs, but not for decent sound systems.

The DVD is OK. It is interesting, even if it is a re-hash of previous info and videos. The one thing it sorely missed was his "flying" in the Dallas Concert. That is one of the most intense, exciting, and un-nerving performances ever recorded during a concert. Why wasn't it included on this DVD?

Overall, the Limited Series is a no-go. If you can find it for $12-$15, buy it; otherwise, I would not waste my money on it, unless you are a dyed in the wool fan AND you have a crappy sound system for the live CDs.

You'll probably see my Boxed edition on Ebay. :(

ok, first off...Sevens and Scarecrow are both old albums with nothing new on them. Lost Sessions is the only album there with new material and I personally find it to be one of Garth's best albums if not his best. Were we listening to the same album? Boring songs? You are the first person I have ever heard say that...

Double Live has bad audio? Once again I have to ask if we were listening to the same album...of course it wasn't perfect...it was LIVE after all, but for a live show I have to say it was pretty good.

The DVD seems to be the biggest complaint...which I can understand for people who have seen that stuff before...but a lot of people(like me) have never seen any of those shows.

Snow
11-28-2005, 09:18 PM
See everyone has their likes and dislikes. Where Mike thought the DVD was ok... but didn't care for Sessions, I've heard just the opposite from others like Scott.

I agree in that I was puzzled why we didn't get to see any of the flying scenes since it was mentioned. My hope is that it is being saved for some full concert DVD's to be offered at a later date.

I enjoyed the videos and pictures on the DVD. I thought they chopped up the interview too much... even cutting him off in places. And I really wanted him to come out and say something special in the interviews on the DVD that we hadn't heard recently in the promotional interviews. I also wanted SOMEthing about Stillwater... maybe some interviews with them and such.

So I'm a bit mixed on the DVD........ but overall I'm glad to have it. Hey... it's his first shot at doing one and I expect that later ones will be better. I kind of feel like they rushed to get this DVD out for the box set.

I love a couple of the songs on Sessions... and I'm betting some of the others will grow on me. That's how they usually do. I dont see them as songs that didn't make the cut... but songs that didn't fit the albums at the time they were recorded. I'm still very glad to hear these songs. I dont think Sessions will end up being my favorite album of Garths... but only time will tell.... again... overall I'm glad to have it!

There's no suprises of course with DL, Scarecrow, and Sevens. I'm glad to have them as backups...... or I should say my kids are because they keep stealing them! *lol*

Sorry you dont like it enough to keep it Mike. I can understand them not taking returns on CD's as it's too easy to just copy the music and then return the CDs. I'm sure you'll find a buyer. :)

What past albums of Garth's do you like?

MikeSmith
11-28-2005, 09:45 PM
Sorry you dont like it enough to keep it Mike. I can understand them not taking returns on CD's as it's too easy to just copy the music and then return the CDs. I'm sure you'll find a buyer. :)

What past albums of Garth's do you like?

Well... No Fences, of course... And In Pieces & Garth Brooks. I also have all 3 of his TV shows at the various locations, including my favorite {teen} hangout in Port Isabelle. {Teen was WAY back in the late 60's...}

And whoopsie on the Scarecrow & Sevens.. I never listened to them when they came out...

MikeSmith
11-28-2005, 09:49 PM
Double Live has bad audio? Once again I have to ask if we were listening to the same album...of course it wasn't perfect...it was LIVE after all, but for a live show I have to say it was pretty good.

The upper midrange was boosted, the vocals were very uneven, and the sound mix was marginal. I do have a pretty decent sound system, so that influenced my critique. Also, I was a sound engineer for about 2 decades. {Nothing famous} That also influenced my opinion.

It was not up to Garth's usual standards.

Mr_Sevens
11-28-2005, 10:10 PM
The upper midrange was boosted, the vocals were very uneven, and the sound mix was marginal. I do have a pretty decent sound system, so that influenced my critique. Also, I was a sound engineer for about 2 decades. {Nothing famous} That also influenced my opinion.

It was not up to Garth's usual standards.

well I must admit that I know nothing about sound engineering and I'm just going by my ears when it comes to judging the aduio quality...I personally don't have complaints with it.

Yeah, Garth's vocals are uneven but that is to be expected...they don't get all the time to tweak it and miss with it and whatnot like they do in a regular studio session and I bet Garth isn't running around and acting vrazy in the studio like he is on stage :p

oh well...I'm sorry you didn't like it.

Snow
11-28-2005, 10:18 PM
Mike I can sympathize. I dont know anything about sound recordings... but my first job out of college was in a lab at a Pepsi plant. I can taste stuff that is off in any soft drink. Others think it tastes just fine and I'll be about to gag if it's a bit off and I can't drink it at all.

I dont even have a decent stereo system... so even if I knew what to listen for my equipment probably isn't good enough to spot it. I guess there are blessings to not having a great system sometimes. *lol*

Personally I DO prefer the studio versions over double live. I think they played with the sound too much or something. *shrugs* But my kids like it because it's the closest thing we have to a Hits II for Garth.

murphy3
11-29-2005, 01:13 AM
Garth CD's usually grow on me as I listen to them more and more. For instance, I used to dislike Aint Goin' Down and Two Pina Coladas. But, now I crank both songs up and just let loose whenever I hear them. With that being said, I must say that I'm a big fan of probably 4-5 of the songs so far including 1, 2, and 3.

As for the quality of the Double Live CD...I truly question anyone that has an issue with the vocal quality from Garth. I would argue that it's exceptional compared to what we normally from most artist's live performances.

MikeSmith
11-29-2005, 08:13 AM
As for the quality of the Double Live CD...I truly question anyone that has an issue with the vocal quality from Garth. I would argue that it's exceptional compared to what we normally from most artist's live performances.

First, if this would have been a double live DVD, the sound would be acceptable, due to the visual impact of the show. Without the visual, the CD sound quality has to stand on its own.

For comparison, Rush in Rio and Rush Exit Stage Left are excellent examples of how to do "live" right. The Who did it, too.

I guess I expect more out of Garth, based on his past history, instead of the slapped together "Walmart Special" series that I got...

murphy3
11-29-2005, 08:28 AM
Don't buy it. sorry... Regardless of your experience, my ears tell me differently. As far as live CD's go, I'd have to say that it's nothing short of very good quality. I don't get your complaint. I've never heard that complaint concerning the double live CD so I must say that your opinion is rare to say the least. You're more than welcome to have your opnion, but I just don't think alot of people agree with you regardless of whether or not they're big Garth fans.

Sara_Kwan
11-30-2005, 04:30 PM
Maybe you got a defective CD ;)

As a person who's worked in retail for too long, if you really want to return the box set, say it's defective. They'll have to give you another one, and even though they're suppose to open it before you take it home, my experience at Walmart is that they forget to because of the lines. Then go and return the new one and get your money back.

Yeah, us retailers are so sneaky... :P

As for my opinion on the box set, I'm thoroughly pleased with everything it has to offer. In my opinion, $25 is a STEAL for all those goodies... Because it costs almost $20 to buy just one CD nowadays. I have Lost Sessions playing in my car, the DVD still in my DVD player, and Double Live in my computer drive (one disc in each slot). For someone who's been retired from the "business" for so long, "Lost Sessions" ain't half bad at all.

gbfevernorway
12-03-2005, 05:45 PM
Have finished watching the DVD and listning to Lost Sessions.

From the DVD. When he is talking of FILP he say that it's the big song all over. But when he try to speak of a place very far from Texas, does he actually say "Norway". Hey, we are a part of sivilcation too! Barely though... Hehe... But if he said that, I must say he is absolutly right. That is the big song here. Even non-country fans like that song and has it in their playlist.

Somebody allready mentioned American Dream sounding like Belleau Wood. But do anybody else just sit and wait for somebody to shout "TWO PINA COLADAS" during "I'D RATHER HAVE NOTHING"??? :D :D :D It sounds VERY much alike Two Pina in big parts of the songs.

I think he recorded the two songs Ty also recorded very different from what he did when he produced Ty's album some years ago.

Would anybody think it's Garth's hand writing at the back of Lost Sessions?

My fav so far? DEFINATELY Fishing In the Dark!! It seriously makes it feel like it is 1989 or 1990 again. That cover is so good it easily could be a Garth classic from the early 90s. :)

Mr_Sevens
12-03-2005, 07:36 PM
lol, I just noticed that on the side of my DVD case it says:

Garth Brooks All Accces

any notice the extra "c"? lol...did anyone else find typos somewhere on their set?

Skywise
12-03-2005, 10:29 PM
huh- Sevens, I didnt' notice anything but then again I didn't look! I'll have to dig my orignals out again to look- they're already put away...

re: the ew stuff... I just watched the unlimited special from CMT.. it's growin something fierce on me, this box set, in many ways- I got that same old feeling I used to while watching GArth on the stage when I watched the special- the box set's interesting- and if everything's the way Garth made it out to be, I agree- it is def. stuff that was the more country side of him...

Mr_Sevens
12-03-2005, 10:30 PM
huh- Sevens, I didnt' notice anything but then again I didn't look! I'll have to dig my orignals out again to look- they're already put away...

I just happened to notice it when I picked up the case and looked at it a little...lol

Garth_FANtasizer
12-03-2005, 10:38 PM
lol, I just noticed that on the side of my DVD case it says:

Garth Brooks All Accces

any notice the extra "c"? lol...did anyone else find typos somewhere on their set?

It's on mine too.

~Ann~

Mr_Sevens
12-03-2005, 10:47 PM
It's on mine too.

~Ann~

perhaps it is on all of the first shipment ones...did you preorder yours?

Snow
12-03-2005, 10:56 PM
Hmmmmmmmm...... mine also has the triple C's on the DVD. I hadn't noticed it before.

Hey... little quirks like that can make some things MORE collectible. ;)

Loreli28
12-03-2005, 11:00 PM
Mine has triple C too

The Lost Sessions is better than I thought it would be. So I am a very happy camper!

There is only one or two that I don't like that much.

Lori

Garth_FANtasizer
12-03-2005, 11:04 PM
perhaps it is on all of the first shipment ones...did you preorder yours?

Yes I did pre-order it.

~Ann~

binski05
12-26-2005, 09:16 AM
I received my box set for christmas. All i excited, i opened the box to find my is missing a cd. The scarecrow cd didn't come with the set :( My parents purchased the set off the internet on received it before Thanksgiving deal. Wondering if anybody else was missing the scarecrow cd.

Paula
12-26-2005, 09:50 AM
Someone else (can't remember if it was in this thread or another) received two of one of the CDs and was missing another, I believe. I wouldn't hesitate to take it to your local Wal*Mart and asking for an exchange.

Paula

Paula
12-26-2005, 09:55 AM
I found the thread - http://www.planetgarth.com/forums/showthread.php?t=123377. Not sure what TexasCowboy did about his boxed set.

Paula

Vanessa
12-26-2005, 11:42 AM
I just got my Garth Box Set for Christmas yesteday and I'm sooo happu! :D gotta question though.. were there suppose to be new songs released on the DL CD? cause I thought there were..and I didn't notice any..

I have the DL CD cover with the 65 on the front..is that from the C2C TV specials Garth did??

God and peace
Vanessa :)

Skywise
12-26-2005, 11:46 AM
nope vanessa- Garth rereleased the same complete DL CD's w/o adding ANYTHING new...

the '65' on the cover I think is the enterprise cover from the c2c concerts

rebelcis61565
12-26-2005, 12:54 PM
This is an awesome box set. my kids got it for me for x-mas and we sat down and watched the dvd and it was cool. anything garth does is excellent. i will take anything that he does. and kudos on marrying trisha.

SweetGBFan
12-26-2005, 02:22 PM
I got it for Christmas. It is awesome. I have to admit though I dont like every song on the CD. I'll Be The Wind and For a Minute There are two of my least favorites on this CD. I tend to skip them. I love

That Girl Is A Cowboy
Id Rather Have Nothing
Please Operator
My Baby No Est Aqi
Last Night I Had A Dream
Alison Miranda
Of course Good Ride Cowboy

teeny261988
12-26-2005, 02:55 PM
I got it too for Christmas But it is the greatest thing to have will listen to it all the time....:o