PDA

View Full Version : How many box sets have you pre ordered?

gbfevernorway
11-12-2005, 11:31 AM
I thought maybe having a poll could give an indication on how many box sets have been pre ordered yet.

*If you have preordered, please choose the number you have ordered.

*If you have not ordered, please don't answer the poll.
*If you have wanted to preorder, but not been able or allowed to, please don't answer the poll.
*Please answer the poll just once.

The poll only allows 6 different answers. If you have preordered more than 6, the poll allows multiple answers. If you have preordered 7, choose both 6 and 1. If you have preordered 11, choose 6 and 5. And so on. If you have preordered more than 21, I guess the number over 21 should be posted in the thread. :)

If this is a bad idea or I am not allowed to start polls, then can please a moderator delete the thread?

Jude
11-12-2005, 11:41 AM
I have one set pre ordered by my brother who lives in the US. It is my Christmas present. Yippee

Jude

gbfevernorway
11-12-2005, 11:49 AM
I must have ticket or unticked the wrong box :-?

PLEASE NOTE:

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

I'm not sure if the poll result usually is to be secret or public. If they usually are secret, can please one of the moderators edit the poll? Thank you. :-"

Garthmedic
11-12-2005, 12:02 PM
The poll is not supposed to be one way or the other. It is how you choose. :)

--spud--:)

DavidN
11-12-2005, 12:40 PM
just one. no one i know likes country apart from my mum and it'd be pointless having two boxes of the same thing in the same house :P

Skywise
11-12-2005, 12:59 PM
I preordered one- I will only need one, and thoguh I may go buy another for collecting, I don't want to pay the preorder price, etc.. gotta have some fun the day after thanksgiving!

Mr_Sevens
11-12-2005, 01:20 PM
I preordered one....that's all I need :)

AronP24
11-12-2005, 01:43 PM
im gonna buy ALL of them and sell them for 26.00 <snickering evily> hahah

G&TTreknTech77
11-12-2005, 02:37 PM
I pre-ordered one and I can't wait to get it!

Ryan

Skywise
11-12-2005, 05:13 PM
im gonna buy ALL of them and sell them for 26.00 <snickering evily> hahah

hehe- you mean you'd be like hte moron who preordered and is trying to sell it on ebay for $50?

Trishafan4life2
11-12-2005, 06:13 PM
I've bought 3......so far..... ;) I bought one for me, one for my husband and one to keep unopened. Can't have too much Garth!!! :)

Teach
11-12-2005, 10:28 PM
I pre-ordered two- one for me and one for my son as a Christmas present. I would have ordered for people living outside the U.S. but since Hurricane Katrina, the mail here is a disaster.

I still only receive mail about three times a week and I never know what day I will get mail. I am still having to call people to pay my bills on time because my bills are all coming after they are due. The post office has no set opening time and when it is open, it is usually packed with people trying to collect mail.

Skywise
11-12-2005, 11:14 PM
wow- sorry to hear that teach! glad you're ok though!

phillygirl
11-13-2005, 11:28 AM
I've pre-ordered two..One for myself and one for an overseas PG'er. Still doesn't mean I may not grab another one or two on Black Friday...lol

Denise

Skywise
11-13-2005, 11:38 AM
I've pre-ordered two..One for myself and one for an overseas PG'er. Still doesn't mean I may not grab another one or two on Black Friday...lol

Denise

hehe- I wish I had the $ to spend on 3 or 4.. thre are already some jokers on ebay trying to sell it for $49.99, BEFORE it comes out... I questioned on of them, and they gave me the line about getting it for overseas people.. but still... doubling the pricE? and making it buy it now and not an auction? rip off..

I may get ONE more on black friday, or TWO tops (if someone wnts one that has yet to contact me again (I'm waiting for a message from them) )

gbfevernorway
11-13-2005, 11:48 AM
After some 24 hours the total is up to 54 sets preordered. I guess WalMart has had more orders than that. :)

For those trying to sell it at Ebay or other sites for the double of the price, I just have to words: BAD CARMA! May your camel loose its hump (Think that is the classic Klinger quote from MASH). :D

UncleBob
11-13-2005, 12:16 PM
but still... doubling the pricE? and making it buy it now and not an auction? rip off..

It could be worse, they could make it an auction and start it off at $50.

kristen166
11-13-2005, 12:53 PM
I preordered one, i may get one in the store but I doubt on black friday unless I drive about 40 miles to a small town outside here that has one of them super small walmarts and only about 5,000 people in the town. I am sure my regular walmart will have them though the day after black fridayand so on atleast for a few days. :)

Snow
11-13-2005, 01:35 PM
Well I've not voted as you dont have a place for zero. I'm sure you wouldn't have thought you needed that choice. *lol* I'm having trouble getting the money to preorder and may have to wait until next weeks payday so I've not preordered yet. I hope I dont wait so long that they cut off the preorders as Garth said was possible.

Ken said that if I'm not able to preorder that he'll personally get in line at Walmart to Black Friday to get one for me if at all possible.

Skywise
11-13-2005, 01:56 PM
It could be worse, they could make it an auction and start it off at $50.

that's essentially what they did- minus the auction part- it's pathetic

TrishaNGarthFan
11-13-2005, 02:17 PM
I pre-ordered 2. One for me and one for Lynette, that she can take back to Oz with her.

I wonder if there will be a booklet in this box set like the other one?

Sue

G&TTreknTech77
11-13-2005, 02:23 PM
yes it has a 68-page booklet.

On this walmart page you can see everything in the boxed set:

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/garth/box_set.jsp?dept=4104

Ryan

UncleBob
11-13-2005, 02:34 PM
that's essentially what they did- minus the auction part- it's pathetic

However, if they made it an auction with the price starting at $50, in theory, the price could go way above $50. By using a "Buy it now", the sellers are assuring that they are *only* getting $25 above cost.

Now, also, keep in mind that these sellers have to pay shipping cost (from Wal-Mart.com) - so there's another $5. Or they have to get up at three in the morning to go stand at Wal-Mart and get the sets early in the morning - their time has to be worth something. Then the seller has to pay eBay fees (don't know what those are, I don't sell). Oh, and the seller's time in listing the auction, dealing with the buyer's e-mails, packing and shipping the product out (although I assume the $50 eBay auctions are charging at least $10 for shipping). Oh, and the seller's gas driving to Wal*Mart/Post Office/UPS Office, etc. Gas is expensive now.

So, after typing all of this up, I looked on eBay to see what was there. The highest price listing I could find under "Garth Brooks Box Set" (that was the new one, at least) was $45.99 (BIN) with $9.99US/$19.99OS shipping.

So an overseas buyer gets the set. The seller sells for a whopping $65.98! Evil seller!

Wait... Subtract the $25 they pay for the set. We're down to $40.98. Oh, and the seller claims they'll have the set before the release, so they're probably getting it from the .com. So subtract $4.97 shipping. $36.01. Now the seller is going to have to ship this overseas. Wal*Mart, which likely gets a huge bulk maling price break, is able to ship this item for $4.97 - in the US. I don't know how heavy this box set is or where Overseas it'd be shipped to, but I'm going to get that $10 on shipping is being conservative. So now we're down to $26.01. Now subtract PayPay and eBay fees. I dunno what those are, so let's say $5 total (that might be too much). Now we're down to $21.01 proft. Subtract gas and shipping materials. And that's all the sellers are getting for their time involved.

Personally, I wouldn't do this just for what little profit is involved. I don't know about y'all.

Snow
11-13-2005, 02:53 PM
You make some good points....... but I would dispute the cost of them shipping it to the buyer as the buyer usually pays extra to the seller for shipping costs as it varies depending on where you live. Once you win a bid then the seller contacts you and lets you know how much on top of your bid you will pay for shipping and insurance if you want that.

UncleBob
11-13-2005, 02:56 PM
You make some good points....... but I would dispute the cost of them shipping it to the buyer as the buyer usually pays extra to the seller for shipping costs as it varies depending on where you live. Once you win a bid then the seller contacts you and lets you know how much on top of your bid you will pay for shipping and insurance if you want that.

Yes... that's why I mentioned the shipping in my example I gave - The seller was selling the set for $45.99 + either $9.99 shipping in the US or $19.99 shipping overseas - this bringing the total up to the $65.98 total that the overseas buyer is paying for the item.

PJ
11-13-2005, 06:24 PM
How long did it take everyone to receive the confirmation e-mail from WalMart? I preordered and got the order number but still haven't received the confirmation e-mail.

sandis
11-13-2005, 06:30 PM
I got my email the same day, but not right away.

-sandi

Skywise
11-13-2005, 06:36 PM
How long did it take everyone to receive the confirmation e-mail from WalMart? I preordered and got the order number but still haven't received the confirmation e-mail.

huh- I got mine almost immediately...

TrishaNGarthFan
11-13-2005, 06:36 PM
I also got my email, about a half hour after I ordered.

Sue

Paula
11-13-2005, 07:29 PM
I got an email confirmation within a couple of hours...with lots of "7's" in it, including a 77 at the end.:)

Paula

PJ
11-13-2005, 07:36 PM
Thanks Paula, it finally showed up!

beckysue59
11-13-2005, 07:42 PM
Ken said that if I'm not able to preorder that he'll personally get in line at Walmart to Black Friday to get one for me if at all possible.

Now, that's a GOOD husband!:)

Snow
11-13-2005, 08:00 PM
Yeah he is... for lots of reasons. But then again he's also a bit responsible for why I can't preorder it at the moment too.

Mr_Sevens
11-13-2005, 08:39 PM
I saw an ad for the box set at Walmart today...it was a large coardboard ad that they slipped over one of the security dectector things by the doors....it was a large picture of the box with a big thing saying "NEW CD AND DVD" and at the top it had the release date.

Skywise
11-14-2005, 12:02 AM
dang- I have to try and get a hold of some of the advertising....

CountryBee
11-14-2005, 03:52 AM
I pre-ordered only one Box Set. That is all I could afford right now. The UPS shipping of $4.95 and the tax of $1.94 drove the total price up to $31.91. Now I find out that the "Double Live" CD will have three different covers, so I will have to try to find a way to get a box set with each cover. I will look on the back of the box set, when I receive it, and see if it shows only one of the covers or the cover that is included in the Box. Leave it to Garth to come up with several "gimmicks" for his new Box set.
Bee

AronP24
11-14-2005, 01:18 PM
SCHWEET CHECK OUT MY CONFIRMATION #:

"THIS IS BEING SENT FROM AN UNMONITORED MAILBOX. PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL. IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS, PLEASE CONTACT help@walmart.com.

Dear Aron Price,

Thank you for your order. Your order number is 2677105077777.

Order Status

We received your order and have begun to process it. It will be completed when your payment is approved and all order information and pricing is verified for accuracy.
Items Shipped to an Address

You will receive another email when your item(s) ship.
If you ordered multiple items, your order may arrive in separate packages, and you'll
receive a separate email for each shipment.
Check the status of your order anytime.

gbfevernorway
11-14-2005, 02:04 PM
More sevens?

The total in the poll now is now at 77 sets. :D