PDA

View Full Version : Pre-order Counts...

dee12682
11-10-2005, 04:54 PM
Im someone here can answer this...I was just curious of how the pre-orders will be counted in the sales. Will they be included in the first week sales or how does that work?

Chris Gaines
11-10-2005, 05:28 PM
yes they will be .. but the box set will not be on the billboard country album charts at all.

dee12682
11-10-2005, 05:48 PM
I know...but WE will still know....

gbfevernorway
11-10-2005, 06:28 PM
I'm not sure it won't be at the Billboard Country chart, but it for sure won't be at the Billboard 200. I once read about this, but can't find the link to the case.

ProducerJ
11-11-2005, 09:33 AM
Im someone here can answer this...I was just curious of how the pre-orders will be counted in the sales. Will they be included in the first week sales or how does that work?

Yes, which is why they are so heavily focused on this pre-order thing... trying for a blockbuster first week (which makes for the best press!)

I'll get a soundscan chart the following week which will have all the units sold on it, so we'll be able to see it in black and white and how it compares to the number 2 CD that is released that week.

:)

J.

Chris Gaines
11-11-2005, 09:36 AM
don't forget.. it's getting 'released' on a Friday when most CDs are Tuesday releases too. ;)

They need it also to PUSH higher numbers for the 3 days it's NOT on the shelf that week.

But of course, GRC didn't need the 3 extra days for the record either.... LOL