PDA

View Full Version : Good Morning America

Chris Gaines
11-10-2005, 11:34 AM
Kinda shocked it isn't posted yet...

Since the ad has hit the TV tube..

"ALL NEXT WEEK IS GARTH BROOKS WEEK ON GOOD MORNING AMERICA"

As Garth said on the ad:

"You'd better watch out Good Morning America... I am coming to take over the mornings!"

:D

eric william
11-10-2005, 11:40 AM
If Garth thought the calling for his comeback was already huge, all these t.v. promo's and appearances will fester up even more support for people who aren't as Garthnuts or as die hard as us, but still love his music. This box set deal is going to be huge, as will the fan support to follow it.

KUGuitarMonkey
11-10-2005, 11:54 AM
Can someone tell me exactly what this means? Is he going to be ON the show? Are they doing promos all week for the new music? What??? I am going to be AT GMA on Monday morning and maybe Tuesday morning, too. I had absolutely no idea they were planning anything Garth related!

Mr_Sevens
11-10-2005, 05:02 PM
*sets tivo to record GMA all next week*

Teresa Morris
11-10-2005, 05:14 PM
I CANT WAIT! I CANT WAIT! I CANT WAIT!!!

THIS IS LIKE CHRISTMAS WHEN UR A LIL KID!!!

WAIT!!

IT'S BETTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Teresa (who's calm...really...really!)

EveryNow&Then
11-10-2005, 09:01 PM
ALL THIS + GMA, WOW! It's a lot to take in for neglected Garth fans... I don't really like that show much, but hey it'll be worth it!

Katie

KUGuitarMonkey
11-10-2005, 09:34 PM
I'm almost thinking he's going to have to make a stop in at the show. I dont see how he couldn't during 'Garth Brooks week'. I just wonder what day. My hotel is right by the GMA studio. I really, really hope that it's going to be Mon. or Tues., though Big and Rich are scheduled to be there Monday.

EveryNow&Then
11-10-2005, 09:55 PM
perhaps he'll be there all week... maybe he could even host it!! :) :) :)

KAtie

Mr_Sevens
11-10-2005, 09:56 PM
I checked all the listings for GMA next week on my DirecTv and Garth isn't mentioned as a guest for any day next week....but you never know...he may surprise us

beckysue59
11-14-2005, 09:19 AM
Does anoyone know what day he's going to be on? I watched this morning, and he wasn't on, and they wouldn't say what day he would be on.:mad: I don't know if I can stomach watching this show all week (not a fan).

PJ
11-14-2005, 09:24 AM
Thanks for the heads up. I taped it today but nice to know I don't need to watch the whole thing looking for Garth. My guess is he'll be on either tomorrow (CMA day) or Weds (day after CMA performance).

beckysue59
11-14-2005, 10:00 AM
Thanks for the heads up. I taped it today but nice to know I don't need to watch the whole thing looking for Garth. My guess is he'll be on either tomorrow (CMA day) or Weds (day after CMA performance).

I hate being misled just to get me to watch a show I don't even like watching. Why call it "Garth Brooks Week" if he's only going to be on one day (and they won't even say WHICH day). It's very deceptive IMO.

Okay, my rant is over. It's Monday. LOL :)

EveryNow&Then
11-14-2005, 10:03 AM
It seemed to me they were indicating he'd be on tommarrow. However, I saw a commercial during the show about it being Garth week and Garth was hinting at hosting the show?!?!?! That would be very cool I have to say.... But anyway I have a hard time seeing how it is Garth week if he is only going to be on the program once, we shal see though!

Katie

aschutz
11-14-2005, 10:08 AM
Garth must be on GMA on tuesday because he called into my local radio station this morning and said that he was catching a plane back home right after the CMA's that night...bc his daughters have a school play on wednesday...so WATCH IT TOMORROW!!!

Garthmedic
11-14-2005, 12:34 PM
Hmmm.. Garth is doing an interview with our local station here in Portland tomorrow morning at 9:30 PDT/ 12:30 EDT. The station is broadcast online if y'all want to listen in. He is REALLY on the circuit these days.

www.thewolfonline.com

--spud--:)

CountryBee
11-14-2005, 12:41 PM
I watched the whole show and NO GARTH ! I also saw the promo ad for his appearance on the show and I believe it said Garth will be on THIS WEEK (not on ALL WEEK). I checked the GMA web site and there is no mention of Garth being on the show. So, now I'm guessing that he will be on only one day this week. Seeing the promo ad for the first time, I must have gotten so excited about Garth being on that I didn't pay enough attention to what was being said. I have to assume with the CMA awards show being tomorrow night, that Garth won't be on GMA until a day or two after the CMA's. I'll bet Garth is really busy getting ready for his performance on the CMA's. Anyway, I'll be watching again tomorrow morning, just in case.
Bee

TBG
11-14-2005, 02:45 PM
Well Gee willy...I guess Garth has finally done what we have all desired...cloned himself.... so that he can be in two places at once:) He was on the Boston station this morning and told us he would be flying in for the CMA's and GMA the next morning.

If he has cloned himself I'd like to put in a request for one. I'd have to keep him stored away with all my other garth stuff though, cause I know my husband would throw him out on his ear...or should I say on that cute butt of his:) In all honesty though...and not wanting to be mushy....I'll just say,

MY HUSBAND'S A KEEPER

MO:)

Mr_Sevens
11-14-2005, 05:00 PM
I taped GMA this morning...can anyone tell me what part of the show they showed the Garth promo so I don't have to watch the whole thing?

countrygirl4Garth
11-14-2005, 06:38 PM
I taped it today and there was a short clip that Garth did say he was doing GMA this week he didn't say exactly what day though but he did say he might be an anchor and watch out Diane, Charlie and Robin.

Pam

PJ
11-14-2005, 07:25 PM
I taped it today and there was a short clip that Garth did say he was doing GMA this week he didn't say exactly what day though but he did say he might be an anchor and watch out Diane, Charlie and Robin.
Do you happen to remember about what time this clip appeared? Thanks!

CountryBee
11-14-2005, 09:06 PM
Every time ABC plays that GMA promo clip, I get so into watching Garth that I don't hear everything that he and the announcer are saying. But, I loved it when Garth said he wanted take over the show and be a host.
Bee

Lowell Miller
11-14-2005, 09:38 PM
Cool.

Monica Lockhart
11-14-2005, 09:42 PM
I just saw the commercial again. It doesn't exactly say when.. just that Garth will be hosting GMA this week.

Moni

sandis
11-15-2005, 07:45 AM
They announced just now that Garth would be on this a.m., as a guest. :D He'd be kicking off "country week".

-sandi

gloria07m
11-15-2005, 07:58 AM
Diane Sawyer just said live in Times Square!

~CanGarth#1Fan~
11-15-2005, 07:59 AM
'GArth is coming up on GMA .. I just saw a preview.. I'm so excited... Yea!! gin

gloria07m
11-15-2005, 08:12 AM
Diane Sawyer just said live in Times Square!
Sorry Just realized they are broadcasting from there.

~CanGarth#1Fan~
11-15-2005, 08:52 AM
Yes i saw him.. he looks great and he looks happy.. I haven't seen him in a long time though... :) gin

beckysue59
11-15-2005, 08:58 AM
Sounds like he's going to be on again tomorrow. :D

MDerin
11-15-2005, 08:59 AM
Did he say anything new?!?

beckysue59
11-15-2005, 09:01 AM
Did he say anything new?!?

Not really. Sounds like Diane Sawyer watched the Unlimited special and pretty much asked questions he had already answered in that. And of course they showed the engagement clip.

Debbie R
11-15-2005, 10:09 AM
Sounds like Garth will be on at least 1-2 more times. She said tomorrow they will talk about the boxed set and the unique arrangement with WalMart. And they kept calling this the start of country week.

I liked the comment from Trisha that Diane used... Garth can't go back on the road because the laundry piles up too fast at home... or something to that affect.

EveryNow&Then
11-15-2005, 11:31 AM
I forgot that it was on this morning and missed it :(..... don't suppose anyone is going to be able to post any clips of it?? Would be greatly appreciated :)....

God Bless,
Katie

MDerin
11-15-2005, 12:59 PM
I just found video on the GMA website (http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/). On the right side, click full video menu and then GMA. Garth is the second one down. :D

PJ
11-15-2005, 01:11 PM
The link didn't work for me, but try this one:

http://abcnews.go.com/Video/playerIndex

then select GMA and then Garth.

EveryNow&Then
11-15-2005, 01:23 PM
Thanks for that, very nice, athough it was just a repeat.... still always nice to see Garth.

Katie

Loreli28
11-15-2005, 01:29 PM
Thank you for the link!! :D

Lori

sandis
11-15-2005, 01:34 PM
Cute. :D

CountryBee
11-15-2005, 02:17 PM
Thanks for the video link. I overslept this morning and missed the whole interview, so it is nice to be able see it on my computer.
Bee

beckysue59
11-15-2005, 07:39 PM
I think they must have pre-taped the GMA shows. Garth called in to a radio show here in Charlotte this afternoon, (from NY) and he said he had driven his girls to school before catching the plane to NY this morning. Now, I don't know how that would be possible unless his girls go to school at 4:00 a.m. And did you notice that he was wearing the same shirt this morning that he was wearing in the GMA promotional spots? I doubt if he would have flown to NY JUST to shoot the promos they showed last week. :confused:

Unless......Garth really HAS cloned himself. :p

Teach
11-15-2005, 07:45 PM
After the interview, they did show Garth greeting some people and he did sign one guy's shirt. He did look like he was in a big hurry though.

beckysue59
11-15-2005, 07:58 PM
After the interview, they did show Garth greeting some people and he did sign one guy's shirt. He did look like he was in a big hurry though.

They could have taped it last week right after doing one of their live shows. I think they do that sometimes. I tell you one thing - that boy sure gets around! :p

Debbie R
11-16-2005, 01:02 PM
Garth was cooking with Robin today (potato chip chicken and chicken broth mashed potatoes) and at the end they said he will be bike riding in Central Park with Diane Sawyer tomorrow!!! That should be interesting!

I wasn't able to watch the show from start to finish so I couldn't tell if outfits were the same or it was taped, etc.

KUGuitarMonkey
11-16-2005, 01:46 PM
Garth was really there yesterday. We waited for him and he arrived a lot later than we were told he was going to be arriving, and had his own clothes and everything in hand...so maybe he came right from the airport. I'm also assuming today's show was live, b/c I was listening to ABC radio on the drive to work, and they said he was outside greeting people and signing autographs as they were interviewing Shania Twain.

BLL
11-16-2005, 03:29 PM
He had on the same clothes he performed in, and said he hadn't been to sleep yet! I loved it when the chicken breast slipped out of his hand and he splashed the melted butter everywhere! I suspect he's much more capable in the kitchen than he lets on ;)

MDerin
11-16-2005, 04:13 PM
Was anyone able to digitize today's show? I don't see the video on the GMA website and I missed it! :(

(As for cooking, he must know how to do SOMETHING for when Trisha's on the road!)

fuzzwuzz
11-17-2005, 12:59 AM
I wish GMA would really let Garth take over!!! Anything could happen then!!! ;)

bigfanofgarth
11-17-2005, 01:30 PM
i got to watch it this morning, i have NEVER seen Garth on a bike before. He looked cute on it. Didn't get to watch it yesturday.

plethora12
11-17-2005, 01:55 PM
i got to watch it this morning, i have NEVER seen Garth on a bike before. He looked cute on it. Didn't get to watch it yesturday.

Does anyone have the video of him taking the bike ride today with Diane Sawyer thru Central Park? What a great segment it was.

EveryNow&Then
11-17-2005, 02:35 PM
Does anyone have the video of him taking the bike ride today with Diane Sawyer thru Central Park? What a great segment it was.
I would love to see this!!! Anyone???

Katie

GarthDreamer77
11-17-2005, 03:30 PM
Hey Everyone,

I really liked the interview today on GMA.

The palce in Central Park where Garth played now has Baseball fields. He and Diane rode bikes through the park and talked about that Magical night and what he remembers.

He said he remembers opening with "Rodeo" and looking up and seeing all those people, playing with Billy Joel, and it made him feel really good to see all those people who came to hear and see Country Music in New York.

Here is a little piece of the interview that I thought was very cute.:)

Diane said, "Brooks told me for him the music is a search for truth, something that he continues at home with his three daughters to this day. He says everynight for one hour they convene something they call the Honesty Club."

Garth said, "Somebody will say, What's said in the club" and everybody says "Stays in the club", so it doesn't go outside the circle, so I can't tell you anything we speak about, but they're free to talk about anything in all honesty. They're free to talk about other kids in school; they're free to talk about their sisters, while their sisters are right there across from them; they're free to talk about their father, which is the greatest thing in the world for me because they ask their dad questions I never thought they would ask a male."

I thought this was very :cool:. While he was talking they showed some pictures of the girls from the CMT Special.

Also, on the GarthTV Forum Sandi posted the abc link to some pictures of the bike ride with afew more quotes.

Take Care & God Bless,
~*Kristen*~

GarthDreamer77
11-17-2005, 07:59 PM
Hey Everyone,

Does anyone know for sure if Garth is going to be on GMA tomorrow?

I watched this morning, but they never said anything about him being on again.
Thanks!!!

Take Care & God Bless,
~*Kristen*~

PJ
11-18-2005, 09:36 AM
I haven't seen any mention of Garth on GMA this morning.

Jude
11-18-2005, 12:25 PM
My brother said he was on every day this week!

Jude

PJ
11-18-2005, 12:27 PM
He definitely wasn't on Monday.

shmlss4gb
11-18-2005, 02:23 PM
Was the bike ride was Thursday? It figures, I miscalculated the time left on my tape, and only have the first hour of Thursday. I haven't watched Friday yet.

Thanks,
Terri

PJ
11-18-2005, 02:28 PM
Yep, I believe in the last half hour of Thursday's show.

TBG
11-18-2005, 02:28 PM
I watched from 8:20 to the end and there was no Garth or any mention of him

MO:)

beckysue59
11-18-2005, 04:15 PM
Shoot!! I didn't even know he was going to be on again Thursday. I thought it was just 2 days. :( Was he on again today?

GarthDreamer77
11-18-2005, 05:36 PM
Hey PJ,

Thanks for replying. :)

Hey Becky Sue,

I'm pretty sure he wasn't on today. I watched most of the show and never saw him or heard them mention him.

Take Care & God Bless,
~*Kristen*~