PDA

View Full Version : Get togethers to celebrate new Garth.

Wickedgail
11-03-2005, 12:22 PM
Should have thought of this sooner but it would be kinda nice to meet some fellow Garth fans at a Wal-Mart local watering hole..etc... to celebrate Garth's new material. It's been awhile with no tour and all and I have a need to shmooze with fellow fans a bit..........:D:D:D

G&TTreknTech77
11-03-2005, 01:27 PM
That is a cool idea.... If someone did arrange any of these they'd have to be before Black Friday though.

I wouldn't go in walmart on black friday without a flack jacket and stun granades.

:)

Ryan

CountryBee
11-04-2005, 01:12 AM
Ryan,
What you mean by "Black Friday"?
I would love to be living somewhere where there are other Garth fans. Every time I've gone to Wal-Mart to buy a Garth CD, I seem to be the only person asking about the Garth CD. I've had to ask the clerks to unpack the CD, even though it should have already been put out for sale. Since Tuesday is Wal-Mart's "new release" day, I have expected to find a new Garth CD out, or on display, when I go there on a day other than a Tuesday, but Garth's CD is always still in the shipping carton. I have felt like I am the only Garth fan in my "little" town. It is funny when I wear a Garth T-shirt or a Garth jacket around town and no one notices. I get to feeling kind of lonely when no one else around here is a Garth fan.
Bee

Wickedgail
11-04-2005, 01:58 AM
I hear ya when I lived in the Bronx, NY people looked at me real funny with the Garth shirt on. The one with just the G on it was the the hardest sense my name begain with G they thought is was a shirt for Gail not Garth.....

CountryBee
11-04-2005, 03:30 AM
That is pretty funny Gail. I think that some people in this town also don't know who Garth Brooks is, they don't recognize his picture on my T-shirts. I have encountered only one person who had ever been to a Garth concert. And this is in a "town" of over 40,000 people.
Bee

beckysue59
11-04-2005, 05:38 PM
Ryan,
What you mean by "Black Friday"?
Bee

"Black Friday" is the day after Thanksgiving, when retailers traditionally make enough profits to be operating "in the black" instead of "in the red".