PDA

View Full Version : Okay, So I'm Thinking....

eric william
11-03-2005, 02:30 AM
We will know in the next few days about the release date of the album, and possibly have more information. I just don't see Garth going on Jay Leno next week, not being able to talk about his new box set. The box set will be promoted at the end of the chat and they will say when the box set is available to purchase. I don't see how Garth would go on there and continue with the "I can't talk about it right now, you will know more when Wal-mart deceides to release the information." I think we will know in the next few days. But, this is just my opinion.

G&TTreknTech77
11-03-2005, 03:03 AM
Hey Eric,

I agree. I think this is a phased ad campaign. Phase 1 was the launch of the website with coming soon to build hype. Phase 2 continues from Phase 1 by adding abiguous tv ads that build more hype. I think Garth would want to give Jay the first scoop on the box set and launch the final promotional phase when we get real information.

My .07 cents...

I should sleep now :)
Ryan

EveryNow&Then
11-03-2005, 03:12 AM
I have to say that didn't even occur to me, though I have been thinking the "official" annoucement has to be coming very soon. I realize that Garth and Jay have been friends for a long time, but we know that Jay will still want to talk about the box set(that Garth won't even admit to it being a box set right now). There would be little point for Garth to go on Jay and not talk about the project and just continue to say "something is coming, but I can't say what, ask Walmart!". As much as I respect Garth he would look a bit silly and it would only succeed in confusing people, and his fans don't want to see things go down that road again.... We(the GBnutts) would buy the product no matter what, but I don't believe that all of the more casual fans will. I don't want to see another project do poorly(for Garth standards that is)! So I believe that to keep from confusing people and alienating some he will be ready to give out info or talk about information that is released a few days previous to the 10th. I am really looking forward to Leno and I do agree with you that the information will come out in the next week, or Walmart will "let" Garth talk about the project on Leno!..... and on a side note I know we probably have most of the info that will be included in the "official statment", but it will be nice to have it from the horse's mouth.

God bless,
Katie