PDA

View Full Version : Wal-Mart Ad

PJ
11-02-2005, 12:50 PM
I found the attached CUTE! photo here:

http://walmartstores.com/GlobalWMStoresWeb/navigate.do?catg=26&contId=5741

They have the Destiny's Child commercial online right now so maybe Garth's will be soon!

eric william
11-02-2005, 01:00 PM
That's hilarious. Thanks for posting. I still haven't seen any of Garth's new commercials either :(. I've even watched a few hours of CMT, but to no avail.

PJ
11-02-2005, 01:06 PM
Me neither but I have a bad habit of flipping channels during commercials. ;)

sandis
11-02-2005, 02:12 PM
Me neither but I have a bad habit of flipping channels during commercials. ;)
You'd better quit that! :eek: I caught the commercial with Garth and the welding iron yesterday, after watching awful CMT programs for 3 hours.

Very cute photo. :D

PJ
11-02-2005, 02:17 PM
We don't watch much CMT in our house so am glad to hear the commercial is running on the major networks as well.

eric william
11-02-2005, 05:09 PM
Yeah I'm not a huge CMT fan. I think it is a poor country music station. Their coutdown shows are poor too, but neat to watch sometimes. I think they must draw the order of rank on those shows out of a hat. i've been doing the opposite lately, hunting for commericals. I dont get Great American Country where I live so CMT is all I have. I miss when TNN use to be a country channel.

CountryBee
11-02-2005, 05:09 PM
I haven't seen the Garth ads, either. Garth looks so cute riding that "kids car". Did you catch the wish list on the chalkboard being held by the Santa? That is so funny! I could make out "Furby", "Video Now" and a "Pony".
Bee

Vanessa
11-02-2005, 05:36 PM
I love that picture..too too funny :D

God and peace,
Vanessa :)

AronP24
11-02-2005, 05:56 PM
since you pointed out that wish list..my poor analytical skills attempted to take over again..it makes me believe that that is actually an older picture done by Garth..because well...Furby's...dang those things wierded me out (gremlins after a heroin binge more like it)...anyway those things haven't been in stores for a while have they? I'm thinking since like that big craze in 99 which coincides with his boxed set ...his gotee is also a little darker so maybe that IS an older picture...but Wal Mart DID spend millions on THIS campaign so I could just be wrong as usual :)
Aron

Mr_Sevens
11-02-2005, 05:59 PM
since you pointed out that wish list..my poor analytical skills attempted to take over again..it makes me believe that that is actually an older picture done by Garth..because well...Furby's...dang those things wierded me out (gremlins after a heroin binge more like it)...anyway those things haven't been in stores for a while have they? I'm thinking since like that big craze in 99 which coincides with his boxed set ...his gotee is also a little darker so maybe that IS an older picture...but Wal Mart DID spend millions on THIS campaign so I could just be wrong as usual :)
Aron

yay...my new desktop background :)

but under furby it says Video Now....those are pretty new right?

PJ
11-02-2005, 06:00 PM
I know where you're coming from Aron (I remember buying Furby in the early 90s) but they have definitely been making a comeback. Have seen them all over the Christmas toy shelves this year.

AronP24
11-02-2005, 06:08 PM
yeah I give up..Im wrong again hahah ..Im gonna curl up in my corner now and just hum to myself haha "This is the song that nobody knows...I couldn't begin to describe how it goes..but it makes me cry and laugh right out loud...Aron is wrong even when no one's around ." hahaha

PJ
11-02-2005, 06:16 PM
No worries Aron, just shows you don't have kids to shop for this holiday season. ;)

AronP24
11-02-2005, 06:29 PM
HAHAH NOPE:) PLUS I HAVE TO WORK TILL MIDNIGHT ON XMAS EVE AND BE BACK AT NBC 8AM XMAS DAY...:( No worries..I'll just watch my Garth DVD all day haha
Later dayz

AronP24
11-02-2005, 06:31 PM
...BTW are these "Black Friday" wal-mart days really that horrible, intense, anti-christic, breeders of evil, etc. as everyone makes these 4am things out be haha....and do you REALLY think 2million box sets will sell out in a day?

Mr_Sevens
11-02-2005, 06:36 PM
...BTW are these "Black Friday" wal-mart days really that horrible, intense, anti-christic, breeders of evil, etc. as everyone makes these 4am things out be haha....and do you REALLY think 2million box sets will sell out in a day?

I dunno...I'm going to preoerder my box set anyway...apparently people who preorder them by a certain date will get them two days before the release date

Teach
11-02-2005, 06:57 PM
Yes, Aron, they really are horrible. The last time I went to Wal Mart at 5 a.m. on the day after Thanksgiving (2002), they had a scooter for $29.95. I saw women fist fighting, pushing, and shoving for a scooter. If my child had wanted a scooter, I would have put it in lay away in August. I would not have depended on getting one the day after Thanksgiving.

Hopefully, I will be able to order my Garth box set online.

AronP24
11-02-2005, 07:01 PM
I can just picture a bunch of middle aged cranky tired women fighting over a scooter....wow...I might go just for the humor

PJ
11-02-2005, 07:02 PM
Black Friday sales really ARE that bad but I just can't imagine all box sets being gone that fast unless they aren't all put out on the shelves immediately. If all else fails, Sam's Club is just down the street and not known for Black Friday sales.

I can just picture a bunch of middle aged cranky tired women fighting over a scooter....wow...I might go just for the humor
Be careful! You might end up getting hurt! ;)

Snow
11-02-2005, 07:48 PM
I'm pre-ordering. I HATE black Friday shopping. I hate crowds. I hate rude people. I hate horrible drivers in the parking lot. I hate not being able to walk down an aisle in the store much less get through one with a shopping cart. I refuse to fight over anything but it would be really frustrating to not be able to get something I needed or wanted.

I put a bunch of stuff on lay-a-way at Walmart weeks ago. I still have some stuff to get but I've enough done that I can avoid Black Friday.

GBsgirl
11-02-2005, 08:14 PM
I usually go shopping on the day after Thanksgiving, but not this year, our Walmart is a mess on the best of days.No way am I going near it on that day LOL And I really don't relish getting up extra early to drive into Montgomery to shop that day.

My son is going to have a Star Wars Christmas LOL Bought him two vechicles and the hubby picked up Episode 3 at the BX today. My oldest daughter got her Crhistmas present last June LOL She found a leather Dale Earnhardt Jr, jacket when we were in Nashville. And she gets a plane ticket back home to OH so she's done except for a stocking. So that leaves the youngest, the hubby, his folks, my Mom and his Grandmother who turns 100 on the 11th of December, :)

Pammy

unccstephanie
11-02-2005, 10:30 PM
Count your lucky stars you don't have to work at an OUTLET mall, on Black Friday, for a company that usually sells shoes for $100 a pop but at the outlet those shoes go for about $50, until 1 AM.....talk about MADNESS!!

I'm really looking to pre-order because I'm probably not going to have the energy, patience, or sanity to go to Wal-Mart.

CountryBee
11-04-2005, 04:03 AM
on a "Black Friday" and I agree that all the stores were "mad-houses". But if one doesn't get there early (now 6am at Wal-Mart) the "bargains" are gone. I really hope that Garth and Wal-Mart release his "NEW" CD on a "new release (music, videos, games) Tuesday", not the day after Thanksgiving. A couple of stores in our town, Rite-Aid and K-Mart, even stayed open on Thanksgiving Day and had specials for that day only. Unfotunately, those two stores closed up and left town a few years ago.
Bee