PDA

View Full Version : bout garthbrooks message board

Shonda
09-14-2005, 01:37 PM
does anyone know what happened to Garth Brooks message board on GarthBrooks.com?

Shonda

Chris Gaines
09-14-2005, 01:50 PM
Capitol and Garth are no longer together.. and since that happened.. there is NO GARTH on Capitol's site any more, Capitol-Nashville in agreement with the terms of the split up had to remove any reference of Garth from it's website and catalog.

Since that has happened, it means his 'forum' there was deleted as well.

Since his site still goes to Capitol-Nashville (he knows this it will change soon) but don't expect anything at all 'new' on garthbrooks.com

hope that answers your question :)

G&TTreknTech77
09-14-2005, 11:21 PM
Hey Jason, are you saying after the site stops redirecting to CN that Garth will not have a new official site there?

Also, anybody heard of whether Garth will have a special wal-mart site?

Take care everybody!
Ryan

Chris Gaines
09-15-2005, 12:16 AM
Garth never ever had an "Official Site ever in his career, I doubt he will now.

fuzzwuzz
09-15-2005, 12:43 AM
He has nothing to stop him now. I do not understand what we did wrong to get slighted like this. Is it really asking too much he keeps in touch with us somehow? Let us know he hasn't forgotten us already?

Maybe I'm being selfish for being hurt by this expectation. It's kinda embarassing to me that he left my heart hanging out like this. But he did say we were his as long as we wanted him. Did he retire from the people he loves too? Maybe just us? I thought we were part of that. I don't understand how we fit in. I thought I did. I just don't get that sense of him enjoying our company apart from the stage.

Please Garth. Do something! We miss you. So bad it hurts!!! :(

Skywise
09-15-2005, 03:42 PM
Well Dale, to answer you (and no some dont' like it...) (the answer that is)

He has nothing to stop him now. I do not understand what we did wrong to get slighted like this. Is it really asking too much he keeps in touch with us somehow? Let us know he hasn't forgotten us already? other than him saying he's not been online, etc. and doesnt' go, no there's nothign stopping him. Some would say he has forgotten 'us' as it were, a long time ago.. others say differently..

Maybe I'm being selfish for being hurt by this expectation. you're not selfish at all- many people share your feelings on that issue..

But he did say we were his as long as we wanted him. Did he retire from the people he loves too? Maybe just us? I thought we were part of that. unfortunately dale, you may be seeing what many ahve seen before- like it or not to those who don't wish to see it, Garth did say that, and for a large part of his career exuded that type of feeling in his music/actions/interviews/etc.. later in his career, after his mom's passing, the CG "project", etc.. he changed his tune to being someting that ' burns quick and intense, but goes out' (rough paraphrase).. It's really a bit hard to hear sometimes, but that's the way it is- others will not see it as such, I know..-
I don't understand how we fit in. I thought I did. I just don't get that sense of him enjoying our company apart from the stage. I don't think necessarily he is. he will be soon hopefully, if thigns "come back to us again" as it were w/ promtion for this walmart deal, etc.. but for now- ya- he isn't what he was.. simply put..

Please Garth. Do something! We miss you. So bad it hurts!!! :(
you never should have left in the first place

Garth_FANtasizer
09-15-2005, 05:59 PM
WHAT? Are you serious? Good golly. :rolleyes:

This is what you wrote a few short weeks ago, Dale:

Again, thank-you for this incredible gift. I am besides myself with joy in this marriage. You were faithful even when I was not. Now, you got me for life. :)

http://planetgarth.com/forums/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=319228

~Ann~

Skywise
09-15-2005, 11:05 PM
WHAT? Are you serious? Good golly. :rolleyes:

This is what you wrote a few short weeks ago, Dale:

http://planetgarth.com/forums/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=319228

~Ann~

gotta give that one to you ann- interesting connection..

Dale- ya ok?

fuzzwuzz
09-16-2005, 03:33 PM
I know I sound confusing. But I think I know what part of the problem is for me here. And if I confessed it outloud I imagine I'd find how many true friends I don't have anymore. The "loyalty" is to Garth alone it seems. :(

Rooster
09-16-2005, 03:34 PM
Is it time for another trip to the pharmacy?

fuzzwuzz
09-16-2005, 03:37 PM
a little loving from you guys wouldn't hurt at all. I promise.

fuzzwuzz
09-16-2005, 03:44 PM
Garth would never deny me the way you just did.

Rooster
09-16-2005, 03:48 PM
You're like a seesaw, Dale. I've tried to understand it... on numerous occasions. I just can't anymore. I think you need Garth there with you... physically... everyday... patting you on the back... reassuring you that he still cares for the fans. But the moment he turns his back to give his attention somewhere else (i.e. his family)... you feel slighted. I don't get it.

Rooster
09-16-2005, 03:51 PM
Garth would never deny me the way you just did.Sorry... it's gonna take more than a guilt trip to make me feel sorry for you.

fuzzwuzz
09-16-2005, 04:34 PM
I want you to show me some of Garth. I KNOW Garth cares for the fans. I know he loves us unconditionally. It stands to reason so should we.

Tell me. Would he say some of the things we say about each other to Garth's face?

It's a horrible feeling to know you wouldn't very likely be missed by those you consider friends. The pain of that never goes away for me and I'm at a loss how to get over it while I try to put the real expectations upon myself alone.

I'm sorry I wasted everyone's time. :(

ProducerJ
09-16-2005, 04:42 PM
Ok, everyone back to their corners. I could link to a dozen threads on PG where we've had this exact same conversation about Dale's extreme highs and lows and Garth's desertion of her. She'll be ok in a few days and she'll remember that we've all been here for her through ALL the ups and downs, even when she was ready to throw us away for whatever horse rode through town.

Time to put on a new record, this one's broken - and the original question has been answered.

J.